We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Recall:Gustave Berr

I hate to have to do this, but with our courts having been stalled for three weeks and no posts for him for nearly a month I feel it necessary to bring forth this motion.

The court can operate without a full set of justices. What exactly is his absence holding up?
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

The high court case #101.

Ah, the wonders of technology. I'm on Tapatalk!

What exactly is preventing the remaining justices from simpl y proceeding without him?

He's the Chief Justice. As far as I know, Farengeto is the appointed chief, however, it would be prudent to recall Gustave as well.

I think.

I believe that be court case should be resolved. If it cannot, or if Farengeto can resolve it, then the recall should proceed.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

The court case is still in the Pre-trial period.

As the Chief Justice is selected internally by the Justices, why have they not elected to replace the Chief Justice themselves?

There appears to be a genuine issue of inactivity, but I find it difficult to understand why the court has not chosen to deal with it's internal administrative issues.

Perhaps the justices are unaware of their own internal policies on the matter? If so, this is hardly a matter for the assembly. Between them they have the majority - select a new chief justice from your own number and be done with it.

I think Farengeto means that Gustave should be recalled from the High Court. I believe he has already been replaced as Chief Justice.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System