We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Clarification, please.

Discussion in IRC has brought it to the attention on members if the region that LordRavenClaw Has resigned as MoFA, left the region and had his citizeship revoked. It has also been reported the Cabinet has "appointed" another MoFA.  Since the thread listing cabinet members in this sub forum still lists Raven as MoFA, the following questions come to mind:

1) Is any or all of this even true. IRC is not the forum, there is NOTHING news wise in the forum and a response of "We dealt with it in the cabinet", wel....
2) Understanding the charter does have provisions of appointing replacements close to elections instead of new elections, WHEN did Raven resign to the cabinet? Is this being kept quiet to prevent an election to keep someone out?
3) WHO is the new MoFA, if there is one, and why where they chosen?

Your all awfully quick on the gun when people don't "do things right", seems the gun needs to be pointed at the cabinet.

Yes, from what I heard Raven resigned a while ago. Actually, he told me himself that he did so when he moved his nation, eagleswing, out of TSP and into The North Pacific.

That was over three and a half days ago.

(03-14-2015, 01:55 PM)QuietDad Wrote: Since the thread listing cabinet members in this sub forum still lists Raven as MoFA

Due to host problems, we have been unable to edit that thread for a long time. You will see that even Crimson is still listed as Minister of the Army. :sad:

(03-14-2015, 01:55 PM)QuietDad Wrote: 1) Is any or all of this even true. IRC is not the forum, there is NOTHING news wise in the forum and a response of "We dealt with it in the cabinet", wel....
2) Understanding the charter does have provisions of appointing replacements close to elections instead of new elections, WHEN did Raven resign to the cabinet? Is this being kept quiet to prevent an election to keep someone out?

1. Raven has indeed ceased to be the Minister of Foreign Affairs, due to having moved his nation out of the region. He thus forfeited his citizenship and all associated positions.
2. He forfeited his position on March 11. He further did not communicate or coordinate with the Cabinet, so the past few days have focused on discussing who to appoint as his replacement. Our Code of Laws mandates that a replacement be appointed, if the vacancy occurs less than a month before the next term begins.
3. We voted last night on a new Minister and that person has just accepted. We were drafting a brief statement just before noticing this thread, as a matter of fact.

Please bear with us on this. We will release a statement within the hour.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Thank you, Kris for letting us know.

I wonder if it is also time to bring up the GR\Tsunamy host proposal again in a new thread since due to the host issues there are many things (such as portions of my user profile) that cannot be edited due to some strange errors.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

(03-14-2015, 02:10 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote:
(03-14-2015, 01:55 PM)QuietDad Wrote: Since the thread listing cabinet members in this sub forum still lists Raven as MoFA

Due to host problems, we have been unable to edit that thread for a long time. You will see that even Crimson is still listed as Minister of the Army. :sad:

(03-14-2015, 01:55 PM)QuietDad Wrote: 1) Is any or all of this even true. IRC is not the forum, there is NOTHING news wise in the forum and a response of "We dealt with it in the cabinet", wel....

1. Raven has indeed ceased to be the Minister of Foreign Affairs, due to having moved his nation out of the region. He thus forfeited his citizenship and all associated positions.
2. He forfeited his position on March 11. He further did not communicate or coordinate with the Cabinet, so the past few days have focused on discussing who to appoint as his replacement. Our Code of Laws mandates that a replacement be appointed, if the vacancy occurs less than a month before the next term begins.
3. We voted last night on a new Minister and that person has just accepted. We were drafting a brief statement just before noticing this thread, as a matter of fact.

Please bear with us on this. We will release a statement within the hour.

So, most of the current cabinet that has become the new government after fighting an old regime because of secrets and abuse of power now has deemed it OK, to make it so we can only take the word of it that Raven resigned AFTER the cutoff for reelections and getting a new MoFA isn't in anyone's interest, they can be told "when we figure it out". Nope. Haven't seen this behavior before. Glad we made this new transparent world.

I honestly am not sure what you are trying to say, QuietDad. Raven moved his nation out of the South Pacific without telling anyone or even informing the Cabinet that he intended to do so. We would not even have noticed had if not been brought up by a Minister within hours of it happening.

We play the cards we are dealt. There is no conspiracy here, just a Cabinet doing its duty.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

And three days later no one but the cabinet knows anything.

I knew about it. It wasn't a secret that he left. You just heard about it late. :/

I think you will find quite a few people were unaware...

If you were on IRC then you might know of it but Raven has threatened to leave so many times that I just took it for another hissy fit. I guess not.

Congratulations, Feirmont Smile

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest