We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

We are all going to jail O_O

Well, I guess everyone here is going to jail.

Under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, you can't sign in with a fake name in the internet. Doing so will lead to 5 to 20 years in jail.

And it is illegal to use wi-fi without the owner's consent. Doing so will lead to at least 2 years in prision and a $10,000 fine(get your loans ready).

Lastly, it is illegal to sing the 'Happy Birthday' song in public because its copyrighted. In this one, EVERYONE is going to jail for sure.

What are TSP's thoughts on this?
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

I think I can make a forum game out of this.......

I start by ratting our Ryccia on above said crimes.
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

I thought the "happy birthday" rumor was a myth. I mean, I can sing every other song in public without having to slap down money.

Good thing I bought a "Get Out of Jail Free" card Tounge

I think I've seen the vid you watched Ryccia. I don't think the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act is law in the UK, the Wi-Fi is I'm fine and I've never sung Happy Birthday in public so I'm good, unlike you vile criminals!!! Happywide
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

(03-18-2015, 08:28 PM)Wolf Wrote: I thought the "happy birthday" rumor was a myth. I mean, I can sing every other song in public without having to slap down money.

As some one who is in the music business I can tell you Happy Birthday IS copyrighted. We have to get "permission" and some times pay a fee to play it at events. While we have done it without that permission and it never came back to bite us, the laws are there. Some venues have "licenses" that it can be used by anyone at the venue.
http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/birthday.asp

That's bullcrap.
If the law's actually passed, I can't see how this would stay up for more than a few days before the results began to tear it down.
Edit: Looked it up. You exaggerated. The law only covers government computers.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

Don't need a computer to sing Happy Birthday....

(03-18-2015, 08:21 PM)Ryccia Wrote: Well, I guess everyone here is going to jail.
Lastly, it is illegal to sing the 'Happy Birthday' song in public because its copyrighted. In this one, EVERYONE is going to jail for sure.
1. Never sung it in any language.
2. Never learnt the lyrics.
3. Never celebrated birthday.
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

(03-18-2015, 08:21 PM)Ryccia Wrote: Lastly, it is illegal to sing the 'Happy Birthday' song in public because its copyrighted. In this one, EVERYONE is going to jail for sure.

It's a civil offense to get paid to sing Happy Birthday and get paid for it. Nothing but your wallet gets hurt.