We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

User Title and Interests

I still cannot change my user title (either by writing a new one or reverting to group default). I also can't change anything in my profile except my signature. 

This is the error I get:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /usercp.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

PLZ MAKES IT STOP HURTING US

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

I'm able to edit mine just fine. Maybe this is a browser issue?

Have you cleared your browser cookies/cache?

It's not a browser issue. Her user title cannot be edited even from the ACP. This is, again, an issue with the anti-spam system, as the error being thrown is a 403 error.

It is a 404 error which can be caused by the browser.

No, it is a 403 Forbidden error, which x10hosting throws whenever the anti-spam system is triggered. There is no such thing as a 404 Forbidden error. The 404 error is being thrown because we have no custom 403 Error page. That's why it says "additionally."

Kris, also tried to change it for me on the Admin side but it gave him the same error. Some groups of users seem to be having the issue, I don't understand.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Pretty much.

I've also been having for quite a few months now problems with citizenship checks, since at least one user I can't demask. The site simply won't let me change their mask from Citizen to Registered.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

You don't have permission to access /usercp.php on this server. can be fixed in file manager in cpanel by chmod in the file...

*sigh* You guys. I know what I am talking about. I am not some technologically illiterate grandma. I do know how servers function.

The 403 Errors are *not* file permission errors. If they were file permission errors, nobody would be able to access their User CPs.

The way x10hosting has set up the anti-spam system, it throws a 403 Forbidden error by default, so that a suspected spammer isn't immediately told "the anti-spam system caught you!" The spam script would simply think that it's entered a directory that it cannot access.

I do not know why this is constantly being second-guessed.

Your whole problem, from my experience, seems to go beyond your admin capabilities to fix, being actually a hosting related issue, as I've seem them happen in the past specially with BB and PHP Nuke forums. Your host service would probably need to fix it, or reconfigure their security policies.
You are just a puppet... You have no soul!
[Image: HW5PB6l.jpg]