We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Regional Updates

Here is the draft of the first update for the Foreign Service.  Please take a look and let me know if you all think something should be added or removed.

The South Pacific
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Foreign Update 001

Foreign Service Program Launches!
The South Pacific Ministry of Foreign Affairs is happy to announce the return of the Foreign Service Program.  The program was announced by Minister Hileville as a two phase project.  The first phase includes a new Ambassador Program to regions that have close or developing relationships with the South Pacific.  The second phase, expected to launch in late October, will include more Ambassadors and more regions.

The update you are reading is the first official communication of the Ministry as part of the Foreign Service Program.  The Ministry is aiming to launch updates at least twice per month.  Updates will deliver content from the Ministry as well as a mix of content from various news agencies in the South Pacific.

Southern Bellz Retires/Resigns from CSS
The South Pacific was saddened to hear that longtime Citizen and Former Delegate, Southern Bellz was leaving NationStates.  On September 27, Southern Bellz announced their retirement and resignation of Citizenship and Membership of the Committee for State Security.  Southern Bellz served the South Pacific gracefully for roughly seven years serving in various positions including Delegate of the South Pacific.

Special Election for High Court Underway
After the resignation of ProfessorHenn from the High Court a Special Election has begun.  Sean Nadasky, previously ran for Justice in August, will be facing Sandaoguo, former Minister of Foreign Affairs.  Sandaguo was elected to the High Court on 10/3/15.

Great Council Called
The South Pacific will have a Great Council starting in October.  A Great Council can be called by any Citizen and is used for the South Pacific to consider a wide variety of proposals about all current laws.  The last Great Council was held in January of 2015 and led to changes to the Sunshine Law, Bill of Rights, and Charter.

Farengeto, Chair of the Assembly, was the first to call for the Council and submitted a bill that failed which would have established procedures for the Council.  It also called for the suspension of all Special Elections.  Upon failure of the bill, Farengeto rescinded his call for the Council.  ProfessorHenn and Sandaoguo then called for a Great Council which is set to begin in the coming days.

ProfessorHenn, for formality.

So is this what is released to the other regions as part of the program?
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

Yes it will be. I will be updating sometime this evening or early tomorrow and sending instructions to all Ambassadors.

While I am still staunchly opposed to resuming the practice of foreign updates, I do feel they should reflect all events from around the region, not just regional politics news. If I may be so bold, I would suggest including roleplay and cultural news in a manner similar to TSP Weekly.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Culture maybe but RP? I really don't think so. It's to update you on all things TSP, it's not some la la la regional update.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Why not?
Is roleplay not part of the South Pacific? They way I see it, we are nowadays a culture/RP-focused region much more than we are a gameplay/political region.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I thought about that. The next update will include RP/culture stuff.

In regards to this, would you be opposed to adding some SPSF related stuff to these briefs? I'd be happy to write something up if you ever need it.
SibDis

(10-13-2015, 04:42 PM)Siberian Wrote: In regards to this, would you be opposed to adding some SPSF related stuff to these briefs? I'd be happy to write something up if you ever need it.
Sure! I am going to open up submissions to everyone. If you have something you want in the update post it in this thread and I'll get it in.