We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Changes - Local Council, MoRA, Cabinet, and more...

Changes

So I've been thinking about this for some time and would really like to move forward with proposing some of these changes to our Cabinet structure and various Ministries.  I'll break it down by each Ministry below.  In this the Local Council will be eliminated.  I still also would like to split off the CoA and also give them Citizenship responsibilities (with VD/CSS also playing a roll in apps) but that will be for another discussion. Tounge

Ministry of Integration
- Mentor new forum members
- Promote/encourage the use of the regional forums and discord/irc chats
- Mange the Fellowship Program (or new program with same purpose)

Ministry of Culture/Entertainment (Formerly MoRA) - open for alt. names
- Plan and organize culture activities (festivals/celebrations)
- Plan and organize regional contests/games (RMB contests, game nights)
- Promote the usage of our Steam group
- Plan and host voice chat events on Discord

Ministry of Communications
- Create and develop our regional newspaper (can be Southern Journal or new official regional news outlet)
- Plan and coordinate events/shows on TSP Radio (yes I know the radio isn't officially up and running but again it is coming in the very near future)
- Aide in the creation of press releases/foreign dispatches
- Create official regional dispatches

As you can see this would create two brand new Ministries and shift the focus of MoRA to more event/community based purpose.  This would also allow us to have some directly responsible for the integration of new members into the community.  I really do believe that we put way too much on the MoRA and I think this would better position us for creating and encouraging activity.

EDIT: Charter like write up.

Ministry of Culture and Entertainment
1.  The Ministry of Culture and Entertainment will be led by the Minister of Culture and Entertainment.
2.  The Ministry is responsible for planning and carrying out Cultural Events for the region and with allied regions.
3.  The Ministry is responsible for planning and carrying out regional contests and games.
4.  The Ministry is responsible for promoting the usage of off-site gaming activities.

Ministry of Integration
1.  The Ministry of Integration will be led by the Minister of Integration.
2.  The Ministry is responsible for the welcoming of new nations to the forum and region.
3.  The Ministry is responsible for the integration of new forum members into the community.
4.  The Ministry is responsible for organizing and promoting the Fellowship Programme.

Ministry of Communication
1.  The Ministry of Communications will be led by the Minister of Communication.
2.  The Ministry is responsible for the organization of a regional newspaper.
3.  The Ministry is responsible for the organization of a regional radio network.
4.  The Ministry is responsible for the creation of official regional dispatches and press releases.

I support this and would love to take part in it's development!
Greetings, I am The Serres Republic.

Currently 'The Future Greatest and Most Splendid General of All TSP.'

I know you all look forward to when I complete my grand quest ;P.

Official ‘Most Dedicated Raider’ in all of TSP. Look at me all evil and shtuff ;P

Heck I was MoFA, Now Im PM. I must be loved owo

I suppose the Communications and Integration roles could be combined, otherwise the Integration Ministry would seem slightly redundant

I think adding three new ministries is a bit too much. However i do think that Regional Affairs could be broken up.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

Three is a bit much. Elections are messy enough as is, and I'm not sure if we'd get people able to run each ministry.
I'd support maybe splitting RA into two parts though
SibDis

If we can figure a way to split up the responsibilities so that the elected Ministers aren't overwhelmed then I'd be fine with reducing the plan to the new (MoRA) and a second Ministry. However, I don't think we can do that. Overtime MoRA has evolved to include so much that it hampers the ability to adequately do any task, IMO.

I have always disliked using the I don't think we can fill the position argument as a deterrent. There is no real way to know that for sure until you have the position. Creating new opportunities for players to make an impact on TSP has to be a top priority. I believe that this will do just that.

(01-08-2016, 07:26 AM)Zak6858 Wrote: I think adding three new ministries is a bit too much. However i do think that Regional Affairs could be broken up.

It would be adding two new Ministries and shifting focus of the current Regional Affairs Ministry.

I think a good starting point would be to see what the current, and former, MoRA's think.

I support the changes except the elimination of the LC(because of my petitions proposal).
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

The only one I fully support, at this point in time, is the elimination of the local council, at least in its current form.

(01-08-2016, 08:46 AM)Ryccia Wrote: I support the changes except the elimination of the LC(because of my petitions proposal).

The petitions could easily be given to another ministry to taken care of, with no real consequences. We also have a suggestion box, yes? Although I don't know if anyone uses it. (Sorry for that off topic question)
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy: