We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Farengeto Civil War

Greetings, friends and comrades,

Today, we face yet another war at our doorsteps. 

The Farengeto Civil War.

We are astonished and saddened that the country broke down almost overnight, thanks to some people pulling the strings.

Now, we thought that supporting the Parliamentary Coalition was good, but, after realizing all the horror another war in Pacifica will bring, plus the fact that they bombed their own parliament, we switched to neutral.

However, we must provide safety for the Farengeto.

We have two proposals to end this terror. To end this horror that has befallen the Farengeto.

To end yet another war.

Open Diplomatic Talks: We will urge to all sides to sit down and talk, and take a neutral stance. We will prohibit any SCO nation of funding and supporting a side, in order to achieve the diplomatic solution we wish for. We cannot be instigators. We must be helpers.

Send an International Peacekeeping Force and create a new Government: If all sides refuse to talk, or if diplomatic talks fail horribly, we must send an International Peacekeeping Force(IPF) to take Farengeto, and allow a new government to take shape. We must form a temporary SCO International Government and let a new government in this caretaker government to take shape. We must govern objectively, and we must not influence this process for our own gains. Rather, while we keep a temporary order in Farengeto, the Farengeto must send their elected representatives from each province to make a new government that will form a freer, peaceful and democratic Farengeto. After this, we will leave after the country is stable enough to take care of itself. We must always remember that this must be a last resort option.

We must help the Farengeto to stand on their feet once more.

Before its too late.

Utavuk Itsuuik
SCO Representative from the Federal Union of Kyrini, Irykia, Siculite, Valivory and the Ryccian Republics
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Ambassador Franck Martel sighed and paused for a moment as he contemplated the events unfolding a continent away.

"I am shocked at what the Ryccians are suggesting. You are suggesting that the SCO conduct an outright invasion and conquest of my nation, overthrowing the legitimate government of an SCO member to install your own regime? I am disgusted that you even considered the idea. Furthermore there are no talking to be had; Tatham, Larue, and the rest of the leaders of the "Liberal Party" are traitors attempting to subvert and overthrow the very regimes that elected them. We must-"

The Ambassador is suddenly pushed aside by one of his staff

"THEY'RE ALL LIES! REY IS BEHIND EVERYTHING! HE'S A TYRANT AND A MURDERER! HE CAUSED THE ATTACKS! HELP US! HE'S SLAUGHTERING-"

The aide continues to scream as he is dragged out of the hall by security.

Martel swears under his breath as he takes a moment to prepare himself again, "You'll have to forgive me for that interruption, it seems our security sweep wasn't as thorough as I had hoped. While these rebels make bold claims about the past year you'll find that they are little more than unsubstantiated speculation. They are little more than rebels, leveraging support through their populist claims. President Rey has seen military success on all fronts, and we stand prepared to stop this rebellion before further loss of life can sweep our nation."

Utavuk was horrified at what he had just seen. That was a clear cut suppression of free speech, no more than that.

"Excuse me ambassador, can we bring him back so he can explain his claim?"

"Otherwise, Secretary General, I would like to suggest that the Farengeto delegation be expelled from this meeting, if it is possible"
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

"This is a diplomatic meeting, not some public forum. That man interrupted us and assaulted me to spread treasonous lies about my government, for which he is welcome neither on my staff nor in these halls.

"I will not be unjustly forced from these halls by those who would invade my country without provocation."

"Installing order in your nation should be a last resort. Now, allow free speech on the matter. Or we will request your expulsion"

"I am more than willing to provide the quite extensive reports on the incidents those traitors claim, but I will not let traitors spew their unsubstantiated claims sbout my government.

A woman approached the seat of the Council President and delivered a note in a blue envelope, the trademark sign of communications from the Secretary General. At the same time, the top screen displayed the contents of the note for all delegations to see.

The Secretariat informs the Council President that it has no power to expel delegations from the Southern Council. In accordance with Clause 21 of the Charter of the Southern Cooperation Organisation, this Council is the gathering of all members and the right to participation in the same is not subject to limitations by the aforementioned or any subsequente regulation.

Until such a time that this Council votes to refuse recognition to the Farengeto Delegation or expels Farengeto from the Organisation, there is no statutory or precedential basis for the removal of any delegation, and therefore the Secretariat will take no action toward that effect.

Carlo Bazzoli
Secretary General
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Ambassador Jeffrey Vale watched in silence as Utavuk Itsuuik lashed against Farengeto and its current regime. He was attentive at first, but as Franck Martel was pushed aside by an aide of his and chaos ensued, he took of his glasses and started playing with them, waiting until order was restored. Vale was a man who liked to speak at the proper time, when his words would have the greatest effect, instead of being lost in the midst of the disorder that was plaguing the Council Chamber.

Once order was restored, and a message from the Secretary General was displayed on the screen, Vale pressed his button, requesting speaking rights, and stood up.

Mr President,

I will begin by expressing my shock at the recent disorder that took hold of this chamber. As the centre of the largest international alliance in the world, this Council must be a sign of the civility and development that we require in all our members. Allowing interventions like the one we just saw would be counterproductive, and I concur with the Ambassador from Farengeto that this must end.

With regards to the situation in Farengeto, the position of the Republic of Kringalia is that it would be shameful for this Organisation to intervene so blatantly in the internal affairs of a member state, particularly one so dedicated to upholding international security as Farengeto. Under the leadership of President Rey, Farengeto has become an international leader, proudly standing next to Kringalia, and we owe it no less than our full support, as the legitimate government handles the actions of radicals who have proven unable to operate under the democratic regime.

Kringalia will be voting against any motion to intervene in the internal affairs of Farengeto, without invitation from its legitimate government, and encourages all delegations to vote likewise.

Jeffrey Vale
Permanent Representative
Republic of Kringalia
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

"We are concerned by the possible violations of this very charter by Farengeto. And, as the country falls into chaos, the SCO must take action to glue it or else. After all, we do not want another fiasco like Ryccia"

"I propose this idea then: send a commission to investigate in Farengeto. Let them examine what they see in Farengeto: if what the rebels say is true, or if the rebels are just lunatics like you said"

"We must not allow Farengeto to become Ryccia, the Sequel. We must pressure all parties in this war to partake in diplomatic negotiations. A military action should be a last resort"

"I ask once again of the Farengeto delegation: let him speak, so we can hear both sides of the argument. Has your ardent defense of free speech and international stability diminished into a tiny ember? Why won't you approach all the parties involved? Then we'll see who's the ones at fault, and what we need to do"

"I ask the Kringalian delegation: Why the defense of military action over diplomatic efforts and slightly glorify them? Why say "oh, just some radicals" and there? No. Even if Rey's government is the legitimate one, they must find a diplomatic, peaceful solution as the legitimate government it is, trying by all means to ensure peace to its citizens. We cannot stand aside as Farengeto breaks itself apart. We must do something. Pressure all parties to seek diplomacy. Just because its your ally does not mean military action over diplomacy is justified. Aren't you willing to hear both sides of the story, or do you just want to hear the one you wish to hear?"

"Be reasonable. Try diplomacy. Approach all parties, and tell them to join negotiations. Or else, Ambassador, your country will break apart faster than the GIA did"

Utavuk Itsuuik
SCO Representative from the Federal Union of Kyrini, Irykia, Siculite, Valivory and the Ryccian Republics

I will remind the ambassador that the Government Island Accord remains fully enforceable, should the International Oversight Commission decide that such enforcement is needed.

It remains the belief of the Republic of Kringalia that instability in Farengeto is the result of small radical groups that have failed to adapt to the rules of democracy. A testament to that is the bombing of the Farengeto Parliament, a cowardly act that shows the lengths to which some are willing to go in their opposition to the democratic leadership of President Rey.

As the internal matter that we insist this is, the Farengeto Government will know when it is appropriate to hold conversations with these radicals, though surely no positive result will come out of their current campaign to incite violence and instability in otherwise peaceful areas of the country.

Kringalia stands with Farengeto. This Organisation should too.

Jeffrey Vale
Permanent Representative
Republic of Kringalia

Legal Resources: