We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Point of Order

Mr. Chair, we have not yet been certified as legislators. Might I ask that something be done about that or else anything we do will be illegal so long as this is the case.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

While it's not explicitly mentioned in the continuing resolution, I would assume that anybody that was masked as citizen is initially legislator going forward. But yes, we do need to make the administrative and procedural changes soon.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

This is more an admin thing than a Chair of Assembly thing; the forums and maskings need to be rearranged appropriately first.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Well it's a CoA thing insofar as the CoA, the CRS and the admins need to work out a process for approvals under the new laws. I'm sure they're already working on it, though.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

We (admins) haven't had a chance to do the book keeping yet. But the cit mask just needs to be renamed Legislator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay thank you.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

(05-29-2016, 04:23 AM)Roavin Wrote: While it's not explicitly mentioned in the continuing resolution, I would assume that anybody that was masked as citizen is initially legislator going forward. But yes, we do need to make the administrative and procedural changes soon.
Can confirm that it would be the case, as previously discussed in the GC, with the exception of people whose citizenship have lapsed

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk

To get things going on my end, I have come up with a draft Legislator application

Quote:Nation in the South Pacific:
Are you, or have you ever been associated with the Empire? If yes, provide details:
If you have previously been refused citizenship/legislator status, or have been convicted in a court of law in or outside the South Pacific, please provide details:

I will abide by and uphold the Charter of the South Pacific and all its laws.  
I understand that my application may be subjected to a security review, and that I have provided all necessary information.
In undertaking the duties of a Legislator, I will comply the responsibilities that come with the position. 
I certify that all information provided above is true to the best of my knowledge, and is neither incomplete nor deceptive. Should I fail to meet the requirements to become a Legislator, I understand that my application may be denied or my Legislator status revoked at the discretion of the Chair of the Assembly.

I, [NATION], do affirm and subscribe to the above conditions in submitting this application.
I feel that this is less onerous than having to list out all regions you have ever been a part of. I need help refining the oath bit though, which I think is essential now that Legislators are held to higher standards than citizens in the past.
Quote:
DECLARATION OF RENUNCIATION OF MEMBERSHIP IN A PROHIBITED GROUP

I, (name), do solemnly affirm to renounce my membership in (prohibited group) on (date).

In doing so, I shall cease immediately to partake in activities of the group, both openly and clandestine. I will not undertake any actions that undermine the Government of the South Pacific or its allies,  nor will I incite any member of the group to do so.

Shall I be found to have made a false declaration by contravening the provisions set forth in this declaration, I understand that my Legislator status will be revoked immediately and that I may face criminal prosecution.
This is for people who wish to renounce their membership in a Prohibited Group.

Thoughts?

I think the renunciation would just be a piece of paper, without any kind of concrete evidence or follow-up. With a group like The Empire, there's no way to verify that a member has left. We're talking only about a handful of players there, so I wouldn't want to open up a hole in the Prohibited Group system just so Biyah or Dali can join TSP. I think the CRS would need to verify that somebody really has left, and they should have the power later on to place them back on the list if any evidence is discovered that they lied or rejoined.

The application is fine by me, though. Happywide

I second GR on the renunciation, but the application is fine.