We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Amendment: Legislator Eligibility

I submit the following amendment to Article IV Clause 4 of the Charter so as to clarify legislator eligibility, and make the maintenance requirements slightly more lenient. The proposed amendment moves us from a system where the Chair must remove legislator status if someone misses two assembly votes held on the same day - a confusing clause, as votes last at least three days - and replace it with a system where the chair must warn legislators after they miss two non-concurrent votes, and then remove them if they miss a third vote. This is a fairer and clearer system, and in keeping with how the current Chair wishes to handle this matter. 

Under a system where they must miss only three votes commencing on separate days the minimum time to lose legislator status is five days, with a warning time of just one day. By using non-concurrent the minimum time is nine days, with a warning time of three days.

Quote:4. Continued legislator status requires active membership and good behaviour. The Chair will remove legislator status from any person failing to vote in the last two official Assembly votes held on separate days, unless the Chair has granted a leave of absence. The Chair will remove legislator status from any person absent for three non-concurrent Assembly votes, subsequent to providing a formal warning after they are absent for two non-concurrent Assembly votes. Legislators who have received an approved leave of absence from the Chair shall not be considered absent. Additionally, the Chair may suspend privileges for disruptive members. Frequent suspensions may be grounds for ineligibility, if found appropriate in a fair trial by the High Court.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

I support this. I think we need a more lenient stance.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

This seems more fair to to me, so I support the amendment in its current state also.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

I support this amendment.

Full support.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

I'm allowed to support things right.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

I support this.
Chief Supervising Armchair

Motion to vote. Saying that you support this doesn't actually count for anything towards seeing the amendment put to vote.

Second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProfessorHenn
Legislator

Please don't motion to vote till after the delegate election is over.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]