We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Poll: Should the following Amendment to the Charter be adopted?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Aye
82.76%
24 82.76%
Nay
0%
0 0%
Abstain
17.24%
5 17.24%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

PASSED: Amendment to Article IV of the Charter

In accordance with Article IV Section 6 of the Charter as a member of the Assembly, I bring the following to a vote.

Members may vote AYE, NAY or the may Abstain from the vote. The Amendment will require a 60% vote IN FAVOR of the Amendment for it to be adopted.

Voting will last for 5 days and will end on September 3rd, 2016 at 23:00 CDT (UTC-6) A countdown timer is available here.

The debate concerning this amendment can be viewed here

Quote:IV. THE ASSEMBLY

Legislative Rules

7. Should a debate lead to multiple competing bills on a single issue, the Chair will bring them to vote in a sequential order based upon which bill has the most seconding motions. Should any bill on the issue be adopted, the issue shall be considered settled and competing bills will not be brought to vote at that point in time.

7. Should a debate lead to multiple competing bills on a single issue, the Chair will bring the competing bills to vote separately and simultaneously, in the same way regular business is done. The bill that gets the most aye votes and meets minimum threshold requirements will become law.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

With 74 Aye votes, 5 Nay votes and 8 Abstentions, I can report that 93.7% of regional WA members support this legislation. As the Local Council Representative to the Assembly, I would like to assign the block vote in a proportional manner equivalent to this percentage.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

So I'm fairly confident I don't need to do all the math here but this does pass with much more than 60% in favor. The Amendment is adopted.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021