We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Atlantic Language

Ladies and Gentlemen,
the Institut der atlantischen Sprache (Institute of the Altantic Language) has decided, to go online and offer the entire world a little booklet, so everyone is able to learn Atlantic!
Atlantic is a language, spoken mainly in the state and city of Atlantis in GI-Land and belongs to the germanic languages.
At the time, around 10 million people are able to speak Atlantic.
Will you be soon too?

The booklet (opens in Google-Drive-Reader) you can find here.

Please be patient. This page (and also a small part of the booklet) is still WIP, but we will update the booklet, especially the vocabulary, regularely.
If you've got any questions, please just ask in the comment section below. We will answer you as soon as possible.

FAQ
What's this flag thing on the first page of the document?
The flag on the first page is the official flag of the state of Atlantis. Until 2010 it was the official flag of the Kingdom of Atlantis.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

So now it's my turn too:
Here you go with wonderful 1085 words of Atlantic.
You can sort the Docs-Table everywhere alphabetically.
The etymology-column will follow at some time in the future.
The Atlantic-Document of the opening-post above will get updated soon with the new pronouns etc., that are present in the table, but not yet in the document.

Have fun!
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Ladies and Gentleman,

it's again time to revive this thread, because now, you've got ONE document with all rules of Altantic and all current 1631 words of Atlantic.
Furthermore the etymology-column isn't completely empty anymore. At least 125 words (so ~7.66% of all words) got now an entry there, you are sure curious to look at ^^

This thing opens in Google Drive as an "Excel spreadsheet". You can't change anything on this document as far as I know, but you could post comments, if you want to do so Smile
The former documents don't get deleted, but please use this new document now for reference.
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Well, I've got an announcement!

Since my computer died and I don't really have access to my data on the Atlantic language, plus that I wanted Atlantic to work in another way anyway and maybe go more in depth when it comes to conlang creating, I decided to just restart this whole process of creating the Atlantic langauge.
I could've done so far more earlier, but I hesitated, since I already partially used the Atlantic language in some rps or on some "documents" in my world (or even in my signature), but now I said to myself:

"Come on, Gianluca, don't be like that. This thing above is just 'Atlantic V1' and your next creation is the 'real Atlantic'/'Atlantic V2' and both have their legitimacy to exist. Just do any new stuff you want to do in Atlantic with Atlantic V2, okay?"

So....I hope you look forward to it, if you got a little interest in my nation or conlanging or even both Smile
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)