We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Dictatorial Democracy - The GI-Landian Political System explained

[Image: xkltvsq6.png]
Diagram of the political system of GI-Land

Dictatorial Democracy - Maybe you've heard of this before and asked you "What is this for a system? How can you put something so contrary together in one system?"
Here is the answer, at least the GI-Landian one.
We want to explain the diagram above for you in a few sentences and tell you one or another special thing about our system.
Feel free to ask questions, if you've got some!

The People
The State Parliaments
The State Governments
The Constitutional Court
Königspalast
The Senate
The Counsil
The Chancellor
The Ministers
The Leader and King

What if the Leader dies unexpected (naturally) or he doesn't have any descendants?
Is there a kind of national state of emergency?
What if the Parliament works against the Leader?
What if the People want a new Leader and King?
What if the Leader is temporary unable to govern?

If there are any questions left, we will answer them willingly.

Sgd. Dörrfisch
Minister for Political Education of GI-Land
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

HOW GET THE GI-LANDIAN PARLIAMENTS ELECTED?
MMP and PMMP

The Town and State Parliaments

The Town and State Parliaments get elected with the MMP-system.
You've got the right to vote as of 14 for town, so very small, very local elections. Passive electoral rights on this level you've got as of 16.
As of 15 you can vote on the state parliament of your state, but you don't have the passive rights until the age of 18.

The Königspalast-Election

GI-Land used to have a special MMP system until the Königspalast-elections in 2013, where we had MMP without overhang seats.
In February 2017 however, only a few months before the next election for the Königspalast, there were motions within the parliament to change the system, to make it fairer and to represent the people better.
The ministers of political education and research as well as some foreign professors, including one from Ryccia, came, together with the former king of Atlantis, up with the idea of the PMMP-system - Preferential Mixed-Member Proportional.
It's kind of a mix out of MMP and SVP. It represents the people better, while also having a fixed number of MPs in the parliament, so no overhang seats.

The Königspalast consists of 650 MPs. Every MP is responsible for one constituency.
How does voting with PMMP work now?
Let me explain it in a little diagram:

I hope you can understand it. If not, please feel free to ask. It can really be confusing admittedly.
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Parties of GI-Land

Ok, you know now how the dictatorial democracy in GI-Land works and you even know now, what voting system we are using for the big elections in GI-Land.
But whom could you vote for?
Of course the parties, but I guess, you never heard of the GI-landian parties, so here's a list of GI-landian parties.

Current Parties in Government

Current Parties in Königspalast

Other big Parties outside Königspalast

Small Parties (Left Wing/Centrist)

Small Parties (Right Wing)

Small Parties (Religious Extremists)

Former Parties

Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Updated the parties with new logos and finally the promised explanations of their history and ideology. I hope you like it Smile
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 2 users Like GI-Land's post:
  • Qwert, Rebeltopia