We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Maps of GI-Land

Welcome to this thread, where you can find anything that's map-related in regards of GI-Land.
For more information regarding the topics these maps cover, please visit the official TSP-Encyclopedia. There I will constantly share more detailed and fresh information from GI-Land and later on also Snolland.
To enlarge a map, please right-click on it and choose "Open Image in new Tab". You will be redirected to Imgur, where you can look better at the map and zoom to your heart's content.

Please enjoy your stay! Smile

Political Maps

GI-Land is a federal republic consisting of several administrative subdivisions, that all have a certain set of tasks they're responsible for.
The lowest tier of them are the municipalities of which 390 are existing. Above them are the 30 districts.
The 26 cities GI-Land has are legally considered a mix out of the municipalities and districts, even though generally speaking they can be seen as a special form of district not divided into municipalities, but boroughs.
The highest lower administrative level are the three states Atlantis, Lesser GI-Land and Greater GI-Land.

The regions are mainly cultural subdivisions, but still play a role for the districts when planning the general future development of themselves and their direct neighbours.

States and Districts
[Image: ErcssVn.png]

Regions and Municipalities
[Image: g8NIP6N.png]

Demographic Maps

The latest census of 2020 uncovered that ~27,320,269 people are living in GI-Land. On a total area of 62,693 km² this means, the country has a population density of 435.77 inh./km² or 436 inh./km², if you round it up.
More than 16.6 million people - almost 61% of the total population - live in the 26 cities. The 39% of the populace living in the countryside do so mainly in Lesser GI-Land, which has almost equal populations living in and outside of the cities, while the states of Greater GI-Land and Atlantis are much more urbanised.

Total Population Numbers
[Image: bzuMCgA.png]
(numbers in Million people) [NOT UPDATED YET]

Rough Population Numbers (by Municipalities and Cities)

[Image: MM63Bhb.png]

Total Population Density (by Municipalities and Cities)
[Image: SwBcucg.png]

Cultural Maps

Language Distribution in GI-Land
[Image: 7A4xIIV.png]
[NOT UPDATED YET]
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 2 users Like GI-Land's post:
  • Eareamland (canadianMaps), Qwert

Infrastructural Maps

GIE-Network (2020)
[Image: lfJeQeq.png]
(Thx here btw to TSSS for letting my trains pass his border. Very kind of him! This map is inspired by the original ICE-Network 2020 by Deutsche Bahn.)

Bus System of Gianlucastadt (June 2018)
[Image: 6vG61Wf.png]
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 3 users Like GI-Land's post:
  • Eareamland (canadianMaps), Klô, Qwert

Update News:

I introduced a new system of showcasing the maps. Not only the order of the maps is a bit different, also the style of writing info about them in my posts is a little less informal. Furthermore the pictures of the old maps didn't show the maps anymore, but only cryptic code. This is fixed now - at least for the two old maps I'm still showing here).

This update included the introduction of five new maps:

- Political I - States and Districts
- Political II - Regions and Municipalities
- Demographic I - Rough Population Size
- Demographic II - Population Density
- Infrastructure - GIE Network 2020

I'll work on more, especially now that I need material for the TSP-Encyclopedia (or TSPedia, how I like to abbreviate it).
I hope you like the results Smile

Have a good day and stay safe and healthy!
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 4 users Like GI-Land's post:
  • Eareamland (canadianMaps), Illaois, phoenixofthesun14, Qwert