We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

North Korea

Today, The Washington Post has published an article titled, "North Korea now making missile-ready nuclear weapons, U.S. analysts say".

Quote:EXCERPT
North Korea has successfully produced a miniaturized nuclear warhead that can fit inside its missiles, crossing a key threshold on the path to becoming a full-fledged nuclear power, U.S. intelligence officials have concluded in a confidential assessment.

The new analysis completed last month by the Defense Intelligence Agency comes on the heels of another intelligence assessment that sharply raises the official estimate for the total number of bombs in the communist country’s atomic arsenal. The U.S. calculated last month that up to 60 nuclear weapons are now controlled by North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. Some independent experts believe the number of bombs is much smaller.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat...story.html
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

F*ck
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Trump spent the day playing golf?

[Image: Qm2GbuL.png]

My History

For the record, Carter was a damn good president. Trump would be lucky to be even a tiny fraction of the leader and visionary Carter was, and is.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Trump threatens 'fury' against N Korea - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40869319

I'm scared, so, TELL 'EM TRUMP! I can't believe I said that!
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

May I say something as someone not living in the U.S. and having interest in North Korea?

What the f'cking hell are you doing, Trump? North Korea IS a threat for the US and the world's security, but only if you act exactly like you do right now!
It's unbelievable, how he escalates this situation to the extent of a new Cuba crisis - on the day 72 years after the drop of a plutonium bomb on Nagasaki - and it proves one time more, that the US with its current government can't be seen as a trustful partner.

EDIT: A German political investigative journalist, who was also visiting ISIS last year for a few days and wrote a book about it - Jürgen Todenhöfer - visited North Korea at the end of July for a few days and even could find out, what North Korea aims at with those threats against the US. His proposed solution: If the US and North Korea would talk a bit more with one another, if not only threats from both sides, which began btw by George W. Bush while the situation on the Korean peninsula was calming down, would be made, then the situation maybe could clear up. With THIS we are really on the way to a new war - NOT exaggerated - and we shouldn't underestimate North Korea!
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

CNN has reported that Trump's "fire and fury" ultimatum was improvised (God save us).

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/09/politics/t...index.html

Just moments ago, North Korea has threatened to launch four missiles near Guam.

Edit: I care a great lot about the North Korea issue, because I live within the theoretical missile range (San Diego). Also, no more wars! Obama averted a major crisis with Iran, but Trump can't seem to do shit.

My History

It's as if Trump doesn't know how to act responsibly. Who would've thought?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Personally, at the end of the day, the only nation NK is going to end up nuking is themselves, SK, or China. KJU may be crazy, but, his military advisors are not, and if a war comes, they'll probably end up taking over unofficially. Launching at the US would be a waste considering they already only have enough fuel to run their Air Force for less than a day. They're gonna end up picking a closer target. Or they're gonna use their nukes as giant landmines to prevent an SK/US advance into Pyongyang, instead of using up what little fuel they have to make a statement.

On a side note: I really doubt there's gonna be a war. This is just another of the "Every 6 months we must have a terrifying NK story to remind people they exist". It's gonna last for a week or two, and it'll go back to being ignored everywhere except China and SK.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Talibangelicals believe that God has given Trump the authority to start nuclear war.

Quote:Fox "News" @FoxNews

.@robertjeffress: "The Bible gives @POTUS the moral authority to use whatever force necessary... to take out an evildoer like Kim Jong-un."

My History