We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

3rd APC Party Summit Platform Discussion - 2017

Hello all! Now that the Charter has passed, we need to figure out what this new APC will stand for. There are a few main categories that will need to be discussed, among these are: The SPSF, The Court, The Assembly, Regional Affairs, Foreign Affairs, In-Game Relations, as well as any other categories you might feel need to be discussed.

Here is a link to the current platform. For reference!

I now open up this portion of the summit to debate!
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17
-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016

In my opinion, Regional Affairs would function better if it is divided into two ministries namely Culture and Communcations. Most MoRAs struggles with the fact that they have to juggle the responsibilities. While Deputy Ministers are a temporary solution, it is not efficient in the long term.

I'd like start by revising this part, more concretely ( and have thoughts on other sections, just want to do it part by part):
Quote:Diplomacy

The main focus of our diplomacy should be the promotion of TSP culture abroad. We must work to make sure
the world has a positive view of our great region. However, this can only be accomplished through a capable
and educated diplomatic core of ambassadors. These ambassadors must make sure they represent TSP well
in their assigned region and the Minister of Foreign Affairs should maintain a capable diplomatic core.

To something more like this:
Quote:Diplomacy

The main focus of our diplomacy should be to engage with regions, both GCRs and UCRs, that are culturally aligned with our democratic principles and active and vibrant culture. We must work to maintain regular and positive cultural engagements with allies and friends and to ensure that our treaties are reinforced by strong relationships between governments, regions, and people. 

I am wondering what to add about the Ambassador Corps as not every MoFA has run the program and it has not worked in the past. Currently a new iteration is being tried out so possibly we could either leave out or end the above with this:
Quote:The Ambassador Corps serves to inform and educate other regions about TSP in a resourceful and creative manner. It is imperative that our Minister of Foreign Affairs and staff work to embody TSP's interests and goals within and without our sphere of activity and influence.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

I feel like we're actually in pretty good shape FA-wise...definitely focusing on the Ambassador Corps et all would be good. I can see that having a lot of potential, both in maintaining and gaining allies.

In the Assembly, I think now could be a good time to try and tackle SPSF, Courts, and CRS reform. We have a lot of active and experienced members, so we could definitely start working on a draft of reform in those areas. That'd be both a great thing to do for the Assembly and would really be an achievement for the Party on a whole.

Marius Rahl

Fortitudine Vincimus!

I think our paragraph on the Assembly could use some revision. 
Quote:All people should exercise their right to participate in the Assembly. In the Assembly, and in any discussion, all parties and all opinions should be treated with respect. We must do this so that we can work together instead of only dividing ourselves. When we work together we come to solutions that are best for all people. Thus, we stand firmly against any ad hominem attacks. All discussion should remain centered around the proposal.
I'm probably going to suggest more edits, but for now this is all.
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]

Revisions to the platform (drafts, please discuss):

Foreign Affairs

The main focus of our diplomacy should be to engage with regions, both GCRs and UCRs, that are culturally aligned with our democratic principles and active and vibrant culture. We must work to maintain regular and positive cultural engagements with allies and friends and to ensure that our treaties are reinforced by strong relationships between governments, regions, and people.  The Ambassador Corps  serves to initiate new TSPers into the world of diplomacy and allows members to inform and educate other regions about TSP in a resourceful and creative manner. 

South Pacific Special Forces

The South Pacific Special Forces is TSP's first line of defense against external or internal threats and also serves to protect allies from threats. The military also serves to maintain or improve relations with allies and should conduct missions with allies when possible. Military alignment should be determined internally by the General Corps and the Minister of Military Affairs. We should not engage in any type of military activity that involves griefing or destroying communities. Regular reports detailing missions without being op-sec should be released to the TSP public.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

(10-11-2017, 08:13 PM)Escade Wrote: Revisions to the platform (drafts, please discuss):

Foreign Affairs

The main focus of our diplomacy should be to engage with regions, both GCRs and UCRs, that are culturally aligned with our democratic principles and active and vibrant culture. We must work to maintain regular and positive cultural engagements with allies and friends and to ensure that our treaties are reinforced by strong relationships between governments, regions, and people.  The Ambassador Corps  serves to initiate new TSPers into the world of diplomacy and allows members to inform and educate other regions about TSP in a resourceful and creative manner. 

I think it worth promoting friendly interaction between historically less amiable regions, at least in some fashion. I wouldn't say this needs to be an enormous effort, but putting in a little time to chat and interact in a friendly way with such regions is certainly something I'd like to see us supporting.

Re: Our position on gameside affairs, I'll throw something out here soon.

Marius Rahl

Fortitudine Vincimus!

The High Court of the South Pacific
Quote:The High Court of the South Pacific is the sole judicial institution of the region, and is tasked with the important duty of clearing up legal matters and conducting trials. The court should always enforce and rule in a non-biased manner. The court should be selective of the cases it hears to insure that a case that can be handled by the Assembly is handled by the Assembly. The court should always keep case records updated and neat, and in an easily accessible place for ease of access and reference. The court should also breed the next generation of judges by maintain and regularly using Law Clerks for case study and deliberation.

Thoughts?
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-

-Past Roles/Positions

(10-11-2017, 08:13 PM)Escade Wrote: Revisions to the platform (drafts, please discuss):

Foreign Affairs

The main focus of our diplomacy should be to engage with regions, both GCRs and UCRs, that are culturally aligned with our democratic principles and active and vibrant culture. We must work to maintain regular and positive cultural engagements with allies and friends and to ensure that our treaties are reinforced by strong relationships between governments, regions, and people.  The Ambassador Corps serves to initiate new TSPers into the world of diplomacy and allows members to inform and educate other regions about TSP in a resourceful and creative manner. 

South Pacific Special Forces

The South Pacific Special Forces is TSP's first line of defense against external or internal threats and also serves to protect allies from threats. The military also serves to maintain or improve relations with allies and should conduct missions with allies when possible. Military alignment should be determined internally by the General Corps and the Minister of Military Affairs. We should not engage in any type of military activity that involves griefing or destroying communities. Regular reports detailing missions without being op-sec should be released to the TSP public.
I like it! Good draft!
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-

-Past Roles/Positions

(10-23-2017, 08:11 PM)Griffindor13 Wrote: The High Court of the South Pacific
Quote:The High Court of the South Pacific is the sole judicial institution of the region, and is tasked with the important duty of clearing up legal matters and conducting trials. The court should always enforce and rule in a non-biased manner. The court should be selective of the cases it hears to insure that a case that can be handled by the Assembly is handled by the Assembly. The court should always keep case records updated and neat, and in an easily accessible place for ease of access and reference. The court should also breed the next generation of judges by maintain and regularly using Law Clerks for case study and deliberation.

Thoughts?

Looks good for our thoughts on the Court's purpose.

I'd like to pose the following question though - How exactly do we want to approach Court reform, especially given how prominent this question has recently become?

Marius Rahl

Fortitudine Vincimus!