We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Nominations for Legislator Committee
Question 
Dear fellow Legislators,

very soon, the current legislation for a new Legislator Committee, tasked with handling Legislator status, will go to a vote. Once it passes, the Cabinet will be responsible for appointing three Legislators that it deems fit to sit on the new Committee. As it's critical to get the new Committee running swiftly, we have already been preparing to do so, despite the legislation not even being up for vote yet. Next to internal discussions, we have also coordinated with the CRS and forum administration already.

To find the three best candidates, we want your input! We want to know who and why.

The rules:
  • Please nominate any number of candidates you deem fit for membership on the Legislator Committee, and please explain specifically why you think this is so.
  • Feel free to second a nomination, but only if you have more reasons to state why they should be on the Committee.
  • If there are reasons against a particular member, feel free to state those too so long as they are civil.
  • If you are yourself not interested in serving on the Committee, please state so.
  • Please don't nominate yourself.

Thank you!

-- Roavin, Prime Minister
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

I would like to nominate Roavin. As a trusted and active member of the community, I believe he is ideally placed to be on a committee such as this and would serve the region well in such a role.  I also think he'll really enjoy it and, whilst not strictly a necessary criterion, it would help to ensure that he doesn't fall into inactivity in the role.

I would also like to nominate Omega.  Omega has proven himself to be trustworthy and loyal and is a well-recognised face in the region.  He isn't always active and has a history with not completing administrative tasks during his time as Chair, but as part of a larger group, I think he would be an ideal supporting figure and could be relied upon to fulfil his part.

Finally, I'd like to nominate Sam111, although I recognise that his current internet access would be a great hindrance.  Still, I think he would make a good representative for the CRS on the committee and, lacking any other roles at this time, would not be too busy.  If nothing else, I think he should be considered when his availability returns to normal.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

While I will not make any subjective comments on SJS Republic himself, I believe the CSS would be a better judge on which of its members would make a good representative for them. It may be SJS Republic, but it may also be someone else. Perhaps it would be best not to make any assumptions in that particular regard.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I'd like to nominate to Escade and Roavin as both are quite active in GP and would have a grasp on the unsavory types.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Whilst Roavin and Escade would normally be good candidates, I'm not sure about having sitting Cabinet members on such a committee.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

I would like to nominate Tusnamy and SouthernBellz. Both are long term former Delegates, and their impartiality and trustworthiness cannot be questioned. Neither holds any current position in the Executive, Legislative or Judicial branches of government that would produce a CoI.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

While I am honored by the nomination the Committee is doing everything I was bad about doing as CoA. I will respectfully decline the nomination.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

This is exactly what we're looking for, thank you! Please keep it going.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

I would like to nominate Griffindor. He has proven time and time again in my work with him to be a dedicated member of any team who is able to keep things moving and make sure we don't get off track. He has been loyal and has had great activity levels and I am of the opinion that he would be a great addition to this committee.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

I would like to nominate Tsunamy, as I feel that he has engaged and has been involved within the legislator community, and having been a former Delegate, I think he is more than fit to lead this committee.

Sent from my F5122 using Tapatalk
Smile