We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

South Pacific Evening Classical Tour [Suggestions!]

[Image: 6uRG8ON.png]

So following an entertaining 3-and-a-half-hours of classical (and miscellaneous other) music in the TSP Discord VC, I thought it might be a fun idea to make this a recurring event - maybe once a week on Friday/Saturday?

The format we went with was to choose different pieces by "traveling" based on where the composer was born: we started in Finland, moved across northern Europe, around through Russia and back across to France. We also began and ended with two pieces from the same composer. 

After gathering so many pieces for future tours that I couldn't keep track of them all in this post, I created a master spreadsheet with all their information. Here it is:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
If you like any of this, please post some more ideas for tracks to include on future programs (if I end up choosing everything it'll be all neo-Romantic symphonic tone poems! Tounge)

What do y'all think? Smile

[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!

I'll never get used to seeing Czechia instead of the Czech Republic.

Other suggestions?

Well, personal favourites include Stravinsky's Symphony of Psalms, Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain, Saint Saens' Danse Macabre and Prokofiev's Dance of the Knights (I really like Russian composers...)

I might also suggest a film and/or game soundtrack tour.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

(03-30-2018, 04:15 PM)Seraph Wrote: I'll never get used to seeing Czechia instead of the Czech Republic.

I'm a firm transitioner to Czechia Tounge
(03-30-2018, 04:15 PM)Seraph Wrote: Other suggestions?

Well, personal favourites include Stravinsky's Symphony of Psalms, Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain, Saint Saens' Danse Macabre and Prokofiev's Dance of the Knights (I really like Russian composers...)

I might also suggest a film and/or game soundtrack tour.

I've added all of your suggestions. You missed Night on Bald Mountain last night!  Sad

It would be cool to do a soundtrack one, but since I know very few soundtracks (and which ones are worth listening to), I'd need some help on that one!
Aumeltopia ~

I'm a fan of Marche Slave, Brahms' Symphony 4 Mvt. 1, Beethoven's Symphony 3 Mvt. 4 and Symphony 7 Mvt. 2.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Khachaturians masquerade waltz is better than his sabre dance in my opinion

I was reminded yesterday about how much I love Mendelssohn's Hebrides Overture.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Added all of your suggestions!  Smile
Aumeltopia ~

what about a bit more songs that seem gloomy... like mass reqiuem by Mozart ? Just saying

Since various Dies Irae were suggested, how about a tour of Requiem Masses? Mozart, Verdi, Foret(sp?). I'd suggest Karl Jenkins' Dies Irae, also.

Also if you want to do Film Soundtrack and or Video Game soundtrack tours, I'd happily curate some playlists.

Sent from my KOB-L09 using Tapatalk

If we're doing soundtracks, it'd be cool to do a John Williams/Hans Zimmer day.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System