We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Same But Different

[Image: OcVbgIm.png]

Vote Beepee for Delegate!

The same, but different!

Okay it's an outsiders campaign, I get that, but let's look at what the delegate does.

The delegate is responsible for security

Of course security is a big deal. We want a nice stable government who can maintain our peaceful coexistence and that's why we've got clear rules and guidelines on security. I know them, I follow them.

I'm not some radical who is going to start banjecting everyone just because. That's not what this place is about. I'm more than happy to support the little guy and give people the benefit of the doubt.

One way of ensuring safety is to ensure the delgate has sufficient endorsements. I've shown I know how to endotart and maintain a high number of endorsements within the prescribed caps.

To promote growth and activity,

Yes we can!

Look at the great work North Prarie has done with the Copa South Pacifica.

Nakari is a superb MoRA who has great plans, I can promote the heck out of these.

By being fun loving and wrapping you in fluffy blankets TSP can continue to grow and be active.

One of the ways that we can grow is to allow newer faces onto government, getting newer people invested in the politics and stepping up and taking responsibility. That means not always seeing the same names run and win. If we stick to the same half dozen people who have done it for years and years people will drift away because they will feel they can never achieve anything in TSP.

A vote for me is a vote for something the same but different.

Changing the establishment doesn't mean changing the way we operate, it just means giving decent ordinary people a chance to be in these positions.

Erinor/Seraph did such a great job! He's my role-model! I'd look to continue his calm, measured, fun and friendly approach as delegate.

As you know, I'm happy to support, I'm happy to be involved and I'm happy to let those who have been elected do their jobs.

Advisor to the forum-side government.

Advising the forum side government is something I can do.

I can work with the cabinet. PM Farengeto is awesome and I have huge amounts of respect for the whole cabinet, they're clever they know what they're doing. They probably don't need my help much as they're knowledgeable and, if they ask, I can advise.

I'm on the forum, I'm been active in trying to do legislation and to support defendants in the High Court. I'm on discord and a member of MoRA.

I take a keen interest in the WA proposals and I am happy to provide leadership and feedback.

The delegate must work with the Local Council to moderate the RMB

I'm perfect for that; unlike the suspicious return of some TSPers to the RMB recently, I've been on here regularly for months.

I've a good relationship with LC elect The Solar System Scope. As well as Auphelia, Si-topia and Aidenfieeld and most if not all of current the LC candidates.

I love the enthusiasm and work of everyone especially Midand, Hanguk-Nippon, The Sakhalinsk Empire, South Caleblan and New Haudenosaunee Confederacy, to name but a few.

Even though I may wind up NHC and Techo every now and again, I really do love them!

The relationship between the delgate and the LC is vitally important as together the LC and the delegate represent the gameside members and promoting gameside activities.

I'm on the forums and discord which allows me to regularly maintain contact with the other key elements of TSP, but the delegates main job is RMB and promote the main elements of gameside across all the platforms.

VOTE BEEPEE!
[-] The following 4 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Pencil Sharpeners, Seraph, The Sakhalinsk Empire, Yuno

The South Pacific is home to more than 6,000 nations, but only a small percentage of them participate actively in regional affairs, and this issue is not new and over the years our region's leaders have failed to tackle this issue, which made it even bigger. How do you, as the delegate, plan to solve this issue once and for all?
[Image: VCUpXJI.png1]

BZERNELEG 

South Pacifican. Public Servant. Creator. In that order.

Official Thread • Lampshade Broadcasting Company • The Tsunamy Institution of the Law and Public Policy

Do you have a background in government service? What other qualifications do you have that would prepare you to serve as Delegate?

(07-04-2018, 06:35 AM)palaisbellevuebz Wrote: over the years our region's leaders have failed to tackle this issue

Not true.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(07-04-2018, 08:16 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Do you have a background in government service? What other qualifications do you have that would prepare you to serve as Delegate?
(07-04-2018, 06:35 AM)palaisbellevuebz Wrote: over the years our region's leaders have failed to tackle this issue

Not true.

I did not mean to say that past leaders have done nothing to tackle the issue, however in my opinion they were ineffective. I apologize for any misunderstanding.
[Image: VCUpXJI.png1]

BZERNELEG 

South Pacifican. Public Servant. Creator. In that order.

Official Thread • Lampshade Broadcasting Company • The Tsunamy Institution of the Law and Public Policy

I would argue that they haven't been at all ineffective, but carry on.

Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Quote:The South Pacific is home to more than 6,000 nations, but only a small percentage of them participate actively in regional affairs, and this issue is not new and over the years our region's leaders have failed to tackle this issue, which made it even bigger. How do you, as the delegate, plan to solve this issue once and for all?

Thank you so much for your question, pbvbz.

You're right. Whilst some of those 6000 nations will no doubt be puppets or other holding nations. Many won't be. In the past, where key cabinet members, etc, have focussed too intently on forum and discord it leads to a disconnect with RMB. The RMB is the entry point for most nations to TSP and it needs to be a focus.

We can't force people to participate, but we can encourage.

The RMB has been active recently thanks to a core of 'friendly', different and engaging nations. We can see that where things are active and people are welcomed there is a want to participate in regional affairs. For example, there were 16 nations vying for LC in this latest round, which is a very healthy number of participants for 3 positions.

This has lead an increase in number of legislator applications forumside, in some part, due to increased discussion of forum matters in the RMB.

I suggest this shows the need for a regular and engaged RMBer to be part of the Cabinet/Delegate to promote the various sides of the TSP and to pique interest in other areas.

Further, doing events in a coordinated manner allows the various sides of TSP to be involved. North Praries footie tournament is an attempt to show both native and foreign nations that TSP is engaged and involved.

I would:
- work closely with Nakari and Farengeto (in particular) to promote and provide engaging events across all platforms.
- Work with the LC to ensure regular lively RMB engagement through events, quizzes, interactions.
- Encourage those who have 'graduated' from RMB to forum/discord to re-train in the RMB and to see how the general TSP populous interacts.
- Be an active and friendly delegate on the RMB encouraging forum and discord crossover.
- Provide regular updates on important events and feedback through dispatches.

Thanks so much, again, for your question.

Given the size and diversity of GCRs, it is disingenuous to use the statistics of a region as a whole to evaluate an official's performance. It simply is unrealistic to bring a significant portion of the population into the affairs of regional governance.

With that being said, I understand and appreciate your underlining contention. I too would ask Beepee whether he has any specific plans for interaction with the general population - in his capacity as Delegate as opposed to in conjunction with the ministries.

(Edit: I was writing this as BP posted his answers which largely addressed my question)

(07-04-2018, 08:25 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: I would argue that they haven't been at all ineffective, but carry on.

Thanks Kringle for your comment.

I would agree with you; every delegate has had strengths and weaknesses and the effectiveness or otherwise can't always be wholly blamed on the delegate.

I think Erinor has done an excellent job with the soft skills required to be an effective Delegate. He is genuinely liked on the RMB and that's as a result of his encouragement and interactions. You can see how liked he is by many of the RMBers reactions to his news he wouldn't stand for a second term. (Whilst fully understanding his reasons)

Some of the excellent engagement-crossover work over the past 5 months has been down to those soft skills and his ability to interact compassionately and fairly.

This is something I would hope to emulate.

This, obviously, takes nothing away from the cabinet and others, but it's a delegate candidacy so I am focussing there.
[-] The following 2 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Seraph, Somyrion

(07-04-2018, 03:54 AM)Beepee Wrote: Even though I may wind up NHC and Techo every now and again, I really do love them!
Well damn...

Do you believe that RMB activity is essential to being a good delegate?
how am i even still a legislator at this point...?

(07-04-2018, 08:45 AM)Amerion Wrote: Given the size and diversity of GCRs, it is disingenuous to use the statistics of a region as a whole to evaluate an official's performance. It simply is unrealistic to bring a significant portion of the population into the affairs of regional governance.

With that being said, I understand and appreciate your underlining contention. I too would ask Beepee whether he has any specific plans for interaction with the general population - in his capacity as Delegate as opposed to in conjunction with the ministries.

(Edit: I was writing this as BP posted his answers which largely addressed my question)

Dear President Stevie Griffin, if i may call you that?

Thanks for your comment/questions.

Hopefully the above helped.

It appears, if the first round of LC voting is much to go by, TSSS (elect), Auphelia and Si are the forerunners for election. (PS2 is a potential blackhorse in the race but as PS nominated me I think you can guess we'd get along just fine if elected).

We all work really well together and we have a number of ideas on how to take things forward on RMB to keep people engaged.

Loving your work and thanks for the comment and question.