We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[OOC] Man in a Moment Overthrown

This is an out-of-character thread for discussion relating to Man in a Moment Overthrown, a roleplay covering the 2018 Mamaqaqa earthquake in the Qhichwa Republic. A link to the in-character thread can be found here.

how powerful is the earthquake?

(07-12-2018, 09:45 PM)Imperial Frost Federation Wrote: how powerful is the earthquake?

It's a 7.8 on the Richter scale (which rates the power of the earthquake) and a IX on the Mercalli intensity scale (which rates structural damage caused by the earthquake). This makes it an extremely severe earthquake: IX on the Mercalli intensity scale is "Damage considerable in specially designed structures; well-designed frame structures thrown out of plumb. Damage great in substantial buildings, with partial collapse. Buildings shifted off foundations. Liquefaction."

Because Qhichwa is a developing nation, there are no building codes which mandate specific designs for counteracting earthquakes' effects on any building's foundation or structural integrity, although the country has been plagued by frequent earthquakes since prehistory (still, none in recent history have been anywhere near as severe as this one.)

As the news report in the IC thread stated, casualties are somewhere in the thousands and property damage in the billions of dollars after only a single night of destruction—and expected only to rise.

Responded
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

I'll contribute to this somehow (not sure how, yet). It's seems unthinkable that Erinor wouldn't want to aid another nation after having had its own earthquake on a similar scale eighteen months ago.

Sent from my KOB-L09 using Tapatalk
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

I sent help. You might hear trouble from Gordista. No rampages this time.
DylanPickle-

Owner of Harmakmis-Gordista and Carta-Agot

Legislator

A Cannibal of Pickles

GI-Land and Snolland will help too. I'll set something up in the next few hours
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

My apologies for the long wait. My second post is out now. If you have any questions about where the Department of Health is directing your relief efforts, feel free to ask them here.

Sorry for the late response, but actually I am kind of curious. Where is Esfalsan aid being directed?
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]