We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

President Donald Blythe invites Her Royal Highness The Peony of Huawan to Bzerneleg

[Image: pc48l.png]
THE PRESIDENTIAL MANSION

BELMONT

Her Royal Highness Doctor Yan
The Peony
Peocracy of Huawan

Your Royal Highness,

It has been quite a long time since Your Royal Highness visited Bzerneleg, when Your Royal Highness’s Ambassador to our country entered into the execution of his office. That day, Your Royal Highness, was very important, not only for me, but also our people, as Your Royal Highness became the first ever foreign head of state to visit the Republic of Bzerneleg.

Our relations commenced one year ago, when we established our first embassy in foreign land, and that first nation happened to be Huawan. Bzerneleg – Huawan relations is a proof that when two countries are committed to the cause of peace and mutual development, it is as beautiful as cherry blossoms blooming in spring. As we continue to contribute to the betterment of our two nations, I would like to invite Your Royal Highness to Bzerneleg for a state visit.

We believe that Your Royal Highness’s visit would bring us closer than ever and foster development in our two countries. There are still ongoing discussions and plans between us and I hope that it will be finished by the end of Your Royal Highness’s state visit.

Your Royal Highness, may I present you our plan during the state visit:

1. Continuance of discussion on the Southern Skies airline alliance
2. Discussion of military trainings between the Bzerneleg’s and Huawan’s armed forces
3. Discussion of drafting a bilateral treaty
4. Discussion of increasing STEM research and development between Bzerneleg and Huawan

Your Royal Highness, I fully believe that if we are able to achieve the goals of this visit, we are able to achieve anything and that nothing is above our reach. Besides that, it is my utmost honour to also invite Your Royal Highness to speak before the Bzerneleg Parliament. I hope that Your Royal Highness would accept my invitation to visit our great country.

Sincerely,

The Right Honourable Donald Benjamin Blythe Jr.
President of the Republic of Bzerneleg

Attached Files
.pdf   Invitation Letter.pdf (Size: 139.46 KB / Downloads: 1)

The Peony took a CeoKlein jet to Belmot, which was the signature aircraft of Huawan Intercontinental. Sitting in front of her is none other than Lady Pa Ling, one of the most successful women in Huawan. Minister of Transport, Zuuko Yamanashi also accompanied the delegation.

The recent surge of tourism and travel had been a colossal opportunity for Peonic tourism as well as a great opportunity to increase its economical sectors. As such inter-regional linking is imperative for The region's growth and The Peony saught Belmont Airways as the best partner in creating a unified regional air alliance.

Ambassador Angus Yee had been doing quite well in promoting Peonic culture as well as increasing its influence by sponsoring local sports teams in Belmont, as well as hosting a small basketball tournament. Everything is prepared for this.

"Lady Ling, you've been quite adept in increasing our national flagship carrier."
"It wasn't an easy task,apart from our friends in the Summerstar Continent and Arasia there seems to be untouched locations that our region had failed to link," Ling explained, "I merely took the opportunity."
"Diao Chan is having such a hard time coping with embassy applications," said The Peony. "In order to finalize these destinations and immigrations."
"Indeed, our planes could not fly immediately without proper immigration applications, regardless of how many destinations we've applied." Said Ling as she puts down her cup of tea.
"Speaking of which, you have bought quite a sizable amount of airplanes to cope with demands." Said The Peony while she pours another cup to the person in front of her.
"My Peony," Ling answered as she tapped two fingers on the table, "we had an incredibly hard time to negotiate with the central banks for the money, and I've been working nonstop with Minister Yamanashi to ensure the pathway are without errors."
"I commend you for it, now we just need to get Terminal three up and running soon." She turns to Zuuko and sipped once, "I have heard there are floods inside the buildings in the rainy season, Minister Yamanashi"
"I'm afraid so, it would be unwise to open it straight away." Responded Minister Yamanashi.
"You have a blank cheque." Said The Peony, blankly
"Yes, yes I know."

Delegation

Hon. Nuwang, The Peony
Minister of Transport, Zuuko Yamanashi
CEO of Huawan Intercontinental, Lady Pa Ling
Deputy Minister of Scientific Exploits, Fay Noor
Royal Lieutenant-General of the Peonic Armed Forces: Lieutenant-General Rem Kara Hara

"Right this way, My Peony."

Ambassador Yee got the delegation into a motorcade, and they rushed towards the presidential mansion. Some of The Peonic defenders are given motorcycles and, led by Rin, guarded the motorcade with the local Belmontian police.
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

The President always wake up early in the morning, but today, a little bit earlier. A few hours prior to the arrival of the Peony, he cooked a Bzerne signature dish called the Meaty Mornin', a dish made of bacon, boiled eggs, ham, sausages and some porridge, for him and the First Lady. He then had a meeting with Secretary of State David Rasmussen.

"Mr. Secretary." said the President. 
"Yes, sir." said Secretary Rasmussen.
"What do you think should be our administration's policy towards communist countries and regions around the world? As you know already, David, we are staunchly anti-communist since the formation of this nation, and if we happen to commence relations with them, it will do harm for us in the next presidential election."
"Sir, I am sure our party members in Parliament will be angry and oppose your decision to start relations with communist countries, but it will be only a matter of time till the story goes away." 

The President's Chief of Staff Douglas Stamper then rushes into the President's Office.

"Sir! Mr. Secretary! The Peony and her delegation have arrived at the Presidential Mansion." said Chief of Staff Stamper.
"Alright, let's go David. Doug, can you tell the cabinet and the Chiefs of Staff Committee to be downstairs to meet the Peony?" said the President.
"Yes sir." said the Chief of Staff.

The President then walked downstairs to the famous Beauchamp Room, named after former Secretary of Defense Evelyn Beauchamp when she slept in the room for one night during the Nuclear Crisis of 1960. The room is the point of entry to the Presidential Mansion for visiting heads of state and foreign ambassadors to present their credentials. 

The President and the First Lady then exit the Presidential Mansion after the Peony and her delegation have arrived in front of the Mansion.

Military footmen then open the doors of the Peony's car and as the Peony get out of the car, the President and the First Lady walk towards the Peony for a handshake. 

"Good morning, Your Royal Highness. It is my utmost honour and pleasure to meet you here today." said the President with his native Southern accent.

It was not uncommon for the mansions of heads of states to be so extravagant and luxurious, she had seen the same with the Presidential palace. Her mother taught her that to understand the role and track record of the head of state in that country, their location of residence could interpret so many things in that regard.

She was greeted with a delegation of men and women in front of the presidential mansion, including his excellency himself. She did not waste time to bow a bit as she shook his hand.

"Ah yes, honorable President. It's the first time we have met since I've met your predecessor. How fares you, good sir?"

After introducing her delegation, she then looked at the President. Somewhat a hearty fellow and a warm person. She knew that to establish relations with more people outside the region, he would be her greatest ally towards it, and must therefore make an excellent impression.

[Image: 373823.jpg]

"Well then good sir, shall we begin our negotiations? Start us off, honorable president." Said The Peony as she clapped her hands once

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

The President, the Vice President, the Speaker of the Chamber of Representatives, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of State, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, the Secretary of Business, the Secretary of Education, the Secretary of Transportation, Chief Executive Officer of Belmont Airways and the Chief of the Defence Staff sat around the roundtable in the Roosevelt Room with the Huawan delegation to begin the meeting.

PRESIDENT BLYTHE: Your Royal Highness, ladies, gentlemen, it's a great pleasure to have you here. Your Royal Highness, in 5 days it will the 1 Year Anniversary of Bzerneleg-Huawan relations, it's going to be a historic day for our two countries.

VICE PRESIDENT UNDERWOOD: I do believe that we are heading in the right direction and will continue to be so in the future and there's going to be increased cooperation between our two countries' governments as well as companies and it's going to benefit both countries.

SPEAKER OF THE CHAMBER FRANCIS CARNEGIE: Your Royal Highness, I, as the Speaker of the Chamber of Representatives, would like to, on behalf of the Bzerneleg Parliament, officially invite you for a Joint Meeting Address before the Parliament, and I hope that Your Royal Highness would accept my invitation." said Speaker of the Chamber of Representatives Francis Carnegie.

The Speaker then gave the Peony an envelope with 5 tickets to the Joint Meeting of Parliament for her and the delegation.

PRESIDENT BLYTHE: Let's first start with the Southern Skies airline alliance. As we already know, we are currently seeing a halt in the airline industry within The South Pacific and I do believe the Southern Skies alliance could really see the revival of the region's industry and stimulate regional economic growth.

SECRETARY OF TRANSPORTATION BUCHANAN: With the growth of the airline industry in The South Pacific, we will also see an increase in the number of airports in countries that seek to join the Southern Skies alliance, I predict that we will also see countries constructing new roads and bridges as well as repairing the ones that have been damaged over the years to serve the transportation of passengers to and from airports. As highly developed countries of The South Pacific, I do think we are able to help other countries in improving their infrastructure and assist them with new infrastracture programs such as the subway, metro and high-speed trains.

CHANCELLOR OF THE EXCHEQUER CHARLES CARNEGIE: Seeing this as an opportunity to produce an era of economic prosperity and increase free trade among countries in The South Pacific, we are fully behind the Southern Skies alliance and will plan to divert more than 120 billion Franc in funds from our budget surpluses to help with establishing the alliance and assist other countries in joining the alliance and developing their airport network. However, there are some challenges due to the fact that for an airline to join an alliance, they may be restricted by laws and regulations of that country, and secondly I do think it's important also that we erase barriers that are preventing countries from increase trade and economic cooperation. 

SECRETARY OF STATE RASMUSSEN: After we have an idea of Your Royal Highness's opinion on this, I will inform some countries with a lot of experience in the airline industry who are interested in participating in the foundation process of the Southern Skies alliance. What I would recommend is a summit between interested countries to discuss on founding Southern Skies alliance after we have agreed on everything.

CEO OF BELMONT AIRWAYS WALLERS: The Southern Skies alliance is, in my opinion, a big opportunity for Belmont Airways and Huawan Intercontinental to enlarge our destinations network and reach out to more places arount The South Pacific, making travel easier and faster for everyone. I do think that there should be a frequent flyer program for the Southern Skies alliance however individual airlines can still keep its own program.  

PRESIDENT BLYTHE: Your Royal Highness, may we know your opinion on this?

The Peony: The Southern Skies Airline alliance shall be a great method to not only revitalize our respective economies, but also create more connection in the region. Recently with a surge of tourists and demands of interregional travel. increased connection is imperative to ensure that we meet demands. We not only want to explore this opportunity, but also further the link between states within this region.

CEO of Huinter, Lady Pa Ling: I must make it clear however, that while our countries shall sponsor the formation of this organization, we are in no way create this as a binational organization, on the contrary, the alliance shall be privatized so that not only national carriers could join into this alliance, but also private airliners that wish to extend their reach, whether or not an airline shall be a member of this organization or not shall be entirely to the benefit they are able to provide us, and take into consideration their track record at maintaining a great airliner. We also would like to add that the alliance shall, and will always be, under international guidance of the I.C.A.O

Minister of Transport, Zuuko Yamanashi: We have recently been informed that the government of North Praire, Techganet and Midands have already created a triparty airline alliance. However, such alliance is not something of a legal kind, and they still lack the necessary framework. If we could perhaps ask them to contribute to this, we may have something here. The nationstates of Qhichwa and the Harmakmians are also prepared to join in on the negotiations.

CEO of Huinter, Lady Pa Ling: Challenges of whether an airline is allowed to join into this alliance shall be a matter relating to every nation's sovereignity, which we respect deeply. That is why making this a private international body would ensure its neutrality. I hope that there wouldn't be issue in the future with concerns to this, our bother primarily lies on immigration statuses, but let us discuss about that once we cross that bridge."

The Peony: "What are your opinions, your excellencies?"

- Doraemon

PRESIDENT BLYTHE: It is undeniable that this alliance project has incredible potential and could be a major turning point in this region as countries join in the discussion on establishing the region's best ever airline alliance. This is not just an opportunity to grow our economies, but also a chance for many countries who wish to enlarge their diplomatic network and open their country to the world.

SECRETARY OF TRANSPORTATION BUCHANAN: I totally agree that this alliance shall be a private organization and it is not our interest to make this a binational organization. We believe that this should be left to private airlines to decide on how they would like to shape this alliance. On the triparty alliance of Midand, Techganet, North Prarie, I do think that we can convince them to join our alliance due to the fact that as you've mentioned, a lack of framework. Other than those 3 countries, we can convince Qvait, who had a storefront but is now inactive, as well as other countries who express interest in joining the alliance. 

CEO OF BELMONT AIRWAYS: I agree with the Huinter CEO's suggestions that the Southern Skies alliance shall be a private organization. I do think there should be standards in which member airlines must follow in order to stay a member of the alliance. And may I know the CEO's opinion on whether there should be a uniform frequent flyer program for the Southern Skies that all members shall use the program or they can still use their own frequent flyer program? To get more countries interested into this alliance, I would say starting an advertisement campaign through Discord and the forums to let more people know of this alliance.

PRESIDENT BLYTHE: After your reply to our current reply, may I ask that the meeting move on to the next point of discussion, which is the discussion of military trainings between the Bzerneleg’s and Huawan’s armed forces, noting the limited amount of time. I would suggest a meeting between the airlines' CEOs to continue discussing the Southern Skies alliance for a more efficient and detailed discussion.
[Image: VCUpXJI.png1]

BZERNELEG 

South Pacifican. Public Servant. Creator. In that order.

Official Thread • Lampshade Broadcasting Company • The Tsunamy Institution of the Law and Public Policy

Lady Pa Ling: But of course, we must do our best to create this alliance, and must work upon it as swiftly as possible. We ask your cooperation on this matter ladies and gentlemen.

Royal Lieutenant-General Rem Kara Hara: Alright, basically we do not have the strongest of ground forces in The Peocracy, our lush forests, swamps and mountaineous peninsulas restrict our use of heavy tanks, and our artillery often immobile. Our country takes consideration of the abundant natural resources as its primary source of defense, and our focus on so. We develop our own arms and seldom import arms and light machinery, and our armed forces also include our forest rangers, who are armed to keep our forests protected.We however have the largest and strongest navies in the entire continent, it has come to a surprise to many nationstates, being a landlocked nation. Foreign imports to our cooperations in the northeast and the beyond the ocean would require us to protect these interests and channels. It has been the job of the Pirate legion, now known as the Peonic Armed Forces."

The Peony: "We do not know whether we could have a military exercise like JKOM, but what would you have in mind?"

- Doraemon

[-] The following 1 user Likes Hammerstar's post:
  • Bzerneleg