We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Sky is Blue

The sky is blue, and not red. Clearly. But in this thread, we demonstrate how South Pacificans (or occasionally, prominent non-South-Pacificans) argue that this is the case.

Here are some examples:

@Tsunamy: "The sky is blue, can we agree to that?"

@sandaoguo: "The sky was always blue we just called it red."

@Escade: "The sky is blue just like an ocean full of mermaids and like"

@Belschaft: "I really don’t have the time to explain to you why the sky is clearly blue."

@Seraph: "Whilst the sky does appear to be blue, I can reasonably see why it may have been called red in the past."

@Ryccia: "I can't believe people are saying the sky is red. IT'S BLUE!"

@Mall: "Elect me, and I'll coup and make the sky red."

@Roavin: "Ohai! With the holes in the ozone layer, the sky is like a cheese — bleu, to be specific."

@Cormac: "I know I said the sky was red yesterday, but that's irrelevant. The sky is blue."

@islands_of_unity: "I will campaign for a blue sky."
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 5 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Divine Owl, Poppy, Qwert, Rebeltopia, Sasha

Ooh, another one I just thought of:

@Pergamon: "WHOEVER SAYS THE SKY IS BLUE IS A USERITE AND MUST BE PURGED! HAIL THE RED SKY, HAIL THE EMPEROR, HAIL PACIFICA o/ o/ o/"
[-] The following 2 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Poppy, Rebeltopia

Is the sky really blue, though?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hakketomat's post:
  • Poppy

I can see it as clear as day, as clear as it is. It is, indeed, blue, not red
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ryccia's post:
  • Poppy

@USoVietnam: "the sky is red, pay ze attentions"
[-] The following 2 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Poppy, Rebeltopia

(08-16-2018, 08:15 AM)Roavin Wrote: @USoVietnam: "the sky is red, pay ze attentions"
@New Haudenosaunee Confederacy: "screw you all the sky is green"
how am i even still a legislator at this point...?
[-] The following 1 user Likes New Haudenosaunee Confederacy's post:
  • Poppy

What if the sky only appears blue on a clear day?
[-] The following 2 users Like Hakketomat's post:
  • New Haudenosaunee Confederacy, Poppy

The sky might seem blue, but "blue" is a very vague adjective label. It can be used by English speakers to refer to any colour from cyan to indigo, rarely trying to distinguish intermediate tints and shades. Other languages tend to group colours differently. Russian and Greek, for example, distinguish between different colours that in English would colloquially be referred to as blue. Historically, the name for blue was the same as the name for green, not being distinguished until later, but things that English speakers would classify as green are still referred to as blue, such as the traffic light colour. Furthermore, colours are not perceived the same by all people, whether this depends on physical shortcomings or different upbringings. Colour is a very subjective experience, merely labelling the parts of the visible electromagnetic spectrum that seem different in the eyes of the beholders with different names.
So I would say that the sky is azure, at least during daytime.
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

[-] The following 2 users Like The Solar System Scope's post:
  • Poppy, Sasha

Alright but I wasn't referring to terminology. Apparently, the sky is blue because the molecules disperse the blue light from the sun (white light from the sun has all the colors) the furthest. Looking closer to the sun, the sky is more yellowish/white.

It is not described in the same way as an object appearing to be colored. Objects have colors because pigments in them reflect a colored light that our eyes can see. With they sky, they talk about the colored light (blue) reaching furthest away from the sun.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hakketomat's post:
  • Poppy

Nah, the sky is blue because the North Pacific is trying to raid it with our help! I fear that it would turn pink when Yuno gets a hold of it!!!
Omg Omg Omg
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest
[-] The following 2 users Like The Sakhalinsk Empire's post:
  • Poppy, Rebeltopia