We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Prarie for MoRA!

PRARIE FOR MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS
August 2018
Hey there! I'm North Prarie, or Prarie, and I'm running for Minister of Regional Affairs this sunny summer of 2018 (Unless you live in San Francisco!  Wink

But Prarie, what do you even want to accomplish as MoRA? After all, you probably only have one month to do so......

Recently, the Ministry of Regional Affairs hasn't been pumping out their best work. The last published Southern Journal was a month ago! I plan to make the Ministry much more efficient, and essentially bring it back to it's glory days. A good MoRA would do wonders for newcomer involvement in TSP, and that is another factor I plan to accomplish, however long my term may be. Here's some other things I plan to do:
  • A design rebrand
  • Implement a new position (Senior Ministry Member) that is experienced in MoRA and can be key in planning.
  • Add members to the Advisory Council.
  • N-Day event with our allies.
  • New editions of the Copa South Pacifica.
  • Free cotton candy and a SPIT to all who enter the Ministry Tounge
But Prarie, you don't have any experience!
Matter of fact, I do! I hosted and organized the Copa South Pacifica, TSP's first NS Sports event, that will soon become a recurring opportunity in TSP. I have also been on the staff of the Ministry since early this year, and since then have helped organize events with other members. In real life, I have a decent amount of experience in journalism and the sort, with me being the editor and president for the school paper last year. 

But Prarie, this will be your first actual position in TSP!

That's true, but frankly, we should have new blood in the cabinet. I have been a prominent gamesider for a while now, and I hope my voice in the cabinet will represent the entirety of TSP.

Well, that's it! I hope you have considered me for your vote in this election, and should I be elected, I hope to serve you well. Take your SPIT and have a fabulous day! 
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 7 users Like North Prarie's post:
  • Escade, Midand, Pencil Sharpeners, Rebeltopia, Roavin, Somyrion, Tim

By design rebrand, can you elaborate?

And how do you plan to supply all those cotton candies and SPITs?
Das a lot, ain't it?
Woof, woof, I'm a dog I like dogs.

Legislator in the Assembly of the South Pacific.
Member of the Island Democratic Party.
Former Local Councillor in the South Pacific.

[-] The following 2 users Like Midand's post:
  • North Prarie, Rebeltopia

(08-17-2018, 01:19 PM)The Republic of Midand Wrote: By design rebrand, can you elaborate?

And how do you plan to supply all those cotton candies and SPITs?
Das a lot, ain't it?

I plan to have a new logo for the Ministry itself and for the discord server.

As for the second question, i'll use government money i'll use magic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes North Prarie's post:
  • Midand

(08-17-2018, 01:21 PM)North Prarie Wrote: As for the second question, i'll use government money i'll use magic.
**walks over and whispers in Prarie's ear** Catch me outside of this place, and I may be able to help with the SPIT... **slides Tsu's delegate card out of my pocket enough that Prarie can get a glimpse, then winks**

Regardless if you win this special election or not, will you run again in the general election?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebeltopia's post:
  • North Prarie

(08-17-2018, 01:50 PM)Rebeltopia Wrote:
(08-17-2018, 01:21 PM)North Prarie Wrote: As for the second question, i'll use government money i'll use magic.
**walks over and whispers in Prarie's ear** Catch me outside of this place, and I may be able to help with the SPIT... **slides Tsu's delegate card out of my pocket enough that Prarie can get a glimpse, then winks**

Regardless if you win this special election or not, will you run again in the general election?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk 

If I win, yes, I will.
If I don't, it depends on if I get nominations or not, and how many I get. If I get 2 or more, i'll probably accept. None or 1, I probably won't, but it also depends on how good the field is.

(08-17-2018, 01:10 PM)North Prarie Wrote:  
  • A design rebrand
  • Implement a new position (Senior Ministry Member) that is experienced in MoRA and can be key in planning.

• Besides a new icon, what exactly do you mean for design rebrand?
  • What is the difference between a "Senior Ministry Member" and the Advisory Council? Using your description both are the same thing.
  • Who exactly would you add to the Advisory Council,and why?
  • Which current members of the Advisory Council would you keep, and why?
  • What exactly would the members of the Advisory Council do?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farengeto's post:
  • North Prarie

(08-17-2018, 02:22 PM)Farengeto Wrote:
(08-17-2018, 01:10 PM)North Prarie Wrote:  
  • A design rebrand

• Besides a new icon, what exactly do you mean for design rebrand?
  • What is the difference between a "Senior Ministry Member" and the Advisory Council? Using your description both are the same thing.
  • Who exactly would you add to the Advisory Council,and why?
  • Which current members of the Advisory Council would you keep, and why?
  • What exactly would the members of the Advisory Council do?

• Just new designs, new fonts, new symbols
  • A Senior Ministry Member would be someone who is not as expereinced as the Advisory Council, but has been on the MoRA staff for 2 months at least and has contributed a good amount. The Advisory Council is made up of members who have been on the staff for at least 9 months, and is experienced all throughout the region and NS
  • I would add:
    • Seraph, once he gets back from his break, because he fits my advisory council desription to a T and has even been the Minister of Regional Affairs
    • Somyrion, because he has been a leader in the MoRA server for a while and is basically TSP's Chief Graphicsmaster, so some input from those points would be good.
    • Roavin, because he, like Seraph, has been involved in the Ministry for a while and is very experienced throughout TSP
  • Here's who I would keep:
    • Pencil Sharpeners, because he has overall been great in his current position and would make a great MoRA or even Delegate someday.
    • Kris Kringle, because especially in this time where there is no current MoRA he has done a fantastic job keeping involvement and organization up.
    • Tsu, because he is, like Roa and Seraph, overall very experienced in TSP, MoRA, and NS
    • Tim, because he will definitely be an important voice on many events during planning and such, and is overall experienced, like Tsu, Seraph, and Roavin.
  • They would spearhead planning of pretty much everything, with certain people being in charge of certain things too. They would be influential members in the Ministry servers and, as the name goes, advise the Minister on all RA-related actions carried out.
Hope I answered your questions adequately!

How do you see the relationship between the RA Minister and the Prime Minister?
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roavin's post:
  • North Prarie

What do you hope to accomplish with the redesign? I work for a marketing/branding company, and a redesign isn't something to be considered lightly. It speaks to a core change of who/what an organization is, what they stand for. What's your goal with making these changes?

Also, could you define making the ministry more efficient? What sort of metrics will you use to judge your success of this goal?

My final question is particularly important to me. You say that a good MoRA would do wonders for newcomer involvement in TSP. What exactly do you want to do to help players like me get a handle on the craziness of joining the region? I'll be honest. It can be really overwhelming. What sorts of things do you have planned that will help with getting players like me engaged?

Thanks for fielding questions! I look forward to hearing more about what you plan to do!  Smile
FaeBae
[-] The following 2 users Like FaeBae's post:
  • North Prarie, Somyrion

(08-17-2018, 02:46 PM)North Prarie Wrote: [*]A Senior Ministry Member would be someone who is not as expereinced as the Advisory Council, but has been on the MoRA staff for 2 months at least and has contributed a good amount. The Advisory Council is made up of members who have been on the staff for at least 9 months, and is experienced all throughout the region and NS

But what's actually different about them? You still describe them as doing the same thing, the only difference is a rather arbitrary descriptor about experience.

And why are you using experience in other parts of TSP as a factor for candidates? This is the MoRA advisory council, all it should be doing is RA stuff and that's the area its members should be skilled in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farengeto's post:
  • North Prarie