We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

TSSS for Delegate of TSP

[Image: a3e61de6d2c87702b947b39429856b0d.png]

WHY YOU SHOULD VOTE
THE SOLAR SYSTEM SCOPE
aka AstroVulpes
FOR DELEGATE

"From Loyalty Comes Security and Prosperity"

The position of Delegate in this region could be compared to one of head of state, since the Prime Minister is the one who is the one most responsible for government affairs, but that doesn't mean that it is to be disregarded as unimportant. The Delegate has to keep the region safe from people who seek to overthrow them and threaten the stability of the region, to represent the region in World Assembly affairs, to promote its interests and culture, and overall be a game-side figure-head that arguably is seen as elementary for the region's well-being. They have to be present and prominent rather than being hidden away, so as to encourage the region that they are there for them. They need to be genuinely interested in every individual citizen as well as the region as a whole. Considering that I have poured in countless of hours into this game and this region, seeing to that as many as possible can feel welcome and well, I believe that I deserve to be rightfully considered as a proper candidate. I wish nothing more than to serve this region, the place I call home, and I would like for it to have the best treatment and care administered to it so as to shine like a bright beacon on the playing field of NationStates. Also, supply it with lots of floofy cuddles~
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ〜?

Current World Assembly Nation and only active one: [Image: the_solar_system_scope__121075t2.png]The Solar System Scope
All past and present aliases used: [Image: the_solar_system_scope__121075t2.png]The Solar System Scope, The solar system scope of tsp (CTE), The doctor who tsss (CTE), Unified telescopes (CTE, ex-WA), Classical music of mozart and beethoven (CTE), [Image: the_sun_scope__373249t2.png]The Sun Scope[Image: the_mercury_scope__910591t2.png]The Mercury Scope[Image: the_venus_scope__11116t2.png]The Venus Scope[Image: the_earth_scope__592916t2.png]The Earth Scope[Image: the_moon_scope__951619t2.png]The Moon Scope[Image: the_mars_scope__998317t2.png]The Mars Scope[Image: the_ceres_scope__330043t2.png]The Ceres Scope[Image: the_pallas_scope__129215t2.png]The Pallas Scope[Image: the_juno_scope__407413t2.png]The Juno Scope[Image: the_vesta_scope__938199t2.png]The Vesta Scope[Image: the_jupiter_scope__171822t2.png]The Jupiter Scope[Image: the_saturn_scope__806431t2.png]The Saturn Scope[Image: the_uranus_scope__374719t2.png]The Uranus Scope[Image: the_neptune_scope__921938t2.png]The Neptune Scope[Image: the_chibi_moon_scope__812314t2.png]The Chibi Moon Scope[Image: the_hubble_space_telescope__811587t2.png]The Hubble Space Telescope.

Discord handle: AstroVulpes#4925

All present involvement in other regions and organizations: the South Pacific.
All past involvement in other regions and organizations: NationStates Astronomical SocietyMusical ExperienceTSP Official Regional GamesSouth Pacific Regional GamesSouth Pacific Ejection GamesSouth Pacific Ejection Contest
Inactive puppet residency: The East Pacificthe PacificThe North Pacificthe West PacificLazarusOsirisBalderForest10000 IslandsConch KingdomThe Union of Democratic StatesEuropeEuropeia.
 All current positions held across NationStates: TSP citizen, TSP legislator, Local Councillor, Advisory Council (MoRA), Ambassador to Forest (MoFA), The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys and Bearer of the Sonic Screwdriver (Lampshade Cabinet).All past positions held across NationStates: Ambassador to the East Pacific, founder of Musical Experience which no longer exists.
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

Question: In your opinion, do you think there is an "oligarchy" of TSP, or do you think there is a well-organised group of experienced players leading the government? Or do you think there is none at all?
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest
[-] The following 3 users Like The Sakhalinsk Empire's post:
  • Felis Silvestris Grampia, Poppy, The Solar System Scope

Looks like another brilliant person has thrown their hat into the ring
*sigh*
Figuring out who to vote for is going to be hard
Nation: 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121
I'm more active gameside than here but either place I'd love to talk ^-^

For those who might not know, what have you done in TSP?

And, more importantly, dont forget a CoI!!
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 6 users Like Rebeltopia's post:
  • Beepee, Felis Silvestris Grampia, Poppy, Seraph, The Sakhalinsk Empire, The Solar System Scope

Quote:Also, supply it with lots of floofy cuddles~
This is bribery, time to write another criminal complaint.

Serious:
Do you believe being active on the regional message board is an important element needed to be elected as delegate of the South Pacific?
how am i even still a legislator at this point...?

(01-05-2019, 04:12 PM)Rebeltopia Wrote: For those who might not know, what have you done in TSP?

And, more importantly, dont forget a CoI!!

Wait, I need one on the forum too? Ouph...

Well, I have supplied it with loads of posts, that's for sure. I have been the longest-serving Local Councillor and one of the first. Although in the early days I didn't do that much, when the suppression mechanic arrived I was diligent all over the Board to keep it safe from inappropriate content, and I helped in trying to generate new and updated laws of moderation.
I have also become active in the Ministry of Regional and Foreign Affairs, becoming part of the Advisory Council in Graphic topics, despite having to deal with people dropping off projects often, but also becoming Ambassador to the East Pacific, but due to feelings of intimidation and fear from the horrific events there I cut all my ties to that region and instead transferred to Forest.
(01-05-2019, 11:33 AM)The Sakhalinsk Empire Wrote: Question: In your opinion, do you think there is an "oligarchy" of TSP, or do you think there is a well-organised group of experienced players leading the government? Or do you think there is none at all?

I do think that a lot of people currently in office have been in the government for a long time, but people who are relatively new in comparison have made great success on the political scene, so I wouldn't say that it is necessarily bad, since as you said they have experience.
(01-05-2019, 06:44 PM)New Haudenosaunee Confederacy Wrote:

Serious:
Do you believe being active on the regional message board is an important element needed to be elected as delegate of the South Pacific? 

What's wrong with supplying the goods? ;P

Yes, since the Delegate is the main representative of game-side. A Delegate that is visible and approachable is the key to a happy and content region.
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

[-] The following 4 users Like The Solar System Scope's post:
  • Felis Silvestris Grampia, Poppy, Seraph, The Sakhalinsk Empire

(01-06-2019, 05:50 AM)The Solar System Scope Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 06:44 PM)New Haudenosaunee Confederacy Wrote:

Serious:
What's wrong with supplying the goods? ;P

Yes, since the Delegate is the main representative of game-side. A Delegate that is visible and approachable is the key to a happy and content region. 

What is your definition of 'active'? AKA: About how many times do you think a Delegate needs to post on the RMB per day?

------------

What region (s) would you like to further relations with?
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 2 users Like North Prarie's post:
  • Poppy, The Solar System Scope

Without looking at the Charter, please describe in your own words what the responsibilities of the Delegate are.
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebeltopia's post:
  • The Solar System Scope

Delegate Question:
What is your opinion on political parties on TSP? Do you think that they are outdated and should be removed, or do you think we should keep them? Do you wish to form your own political party?
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Sakhalinsk Empire's post:
  • The Solar System Scope

Great, now who do I vote for?
AIDENFIEELD
Legislator in TSP | Active User of the RMB | Former Local Councillor | Member of The Ministry Of Regional Affairs
[-] The following 3 users Like Divine Owl's post:
  • Lily Pad, Poppy, The Solar System Scope