We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Amendment to Article 2 of the Regional Officers Act (Election Commissioner)

Following the most recent amendment to the Elections Act, the Election Commission was reduced to a singular Election Commissioner.

This amendment will reflect that fact in the Regional Officers Act:

Quote:2. Regional Officers

(7) During elections, at least one member of the Election Commission the Election Commissioner will be granted the Polls and Communication powers.
[-] The following 3 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Divine Owl, Pronoun, Roavin

I honestly can't see any problem with this and so I'd like to motion for the Chair to waive the minimum debate time as per the Legislative Procedure Act, providing there are no objections within 24 hours of this motion being seconded.
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Pronoun's post:
  • Amerion, Rebeltopia

Ill second that debate time waver
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

Duly noted. Should no objections be raised in the next 13 hours, the mandatory debate period shall be waived.

Having one Election Commissioner is good, but having two would give the fact of no single person has to singularly do all election commissions. Two would probably be best, but that's just some food for thought.

We had a system with three and in the end only one ever did the actual work, so we just recently passed the change to one.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

I believe that the 13 hours has passed, and thus I motion this for a vote.
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Sakhalinsk Empire's post:
  • Amerion

And I second.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seraph's post:
  • Amerion

[Image: F4SCRpm.png?1]
DELAY OF VOTE

2 February 2019

Esteemed Legislators,

A Motion to Vote and a Second have been duly noted.

However, in accordance with Article 2, Section 5 of the Legislative Procedure Act, the Chair shall delay the vote so as to present this proposed amendment with an amendment of a similar nature, the Amendment to Article IV of the Charter (Election Commissioner).1

In keeping with previous legislative packages, these amendments will be presented in one singular vote.2 As it includes a constitutional amendment, it shall require a three-fifths supermajority of those voting to pass.

A further notice of this vote will be published in this thread when appropriate.

[1] Legislative Procedure Act, Article 2. Powers and Responsibilities of the Chair, Section 5, stipulates: ‘The Chair may delay votes for a reasonable time frame if done for the purposes of vote scheduling or to avoid preemption of active debate by a vote.’
[2] Specifically, A1803.02 Omnibus package (Court reform) and A1807.01 Amendments to the Elections Act, the Regional Communications Act, & the Criminal Code (Permanent Justice).

[Image: TZwtVaB.png]

3 February 2019

Legislators,

Please be advised that the vote to amend Article IV of the Charter and Article 2 of the Regional Officers Act has been opened. The vote has been designated in the Assembly's official record as A1902.03 and referred to in full as Amendments to the Charter and the Regional Officers Act (Election Commissioner).

Legislators may cast their vote here.

The vote will end on the 8th of February, 2019, at 8:30 a.m. (UTC).