We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Regional Paper

[Image: 2y68bFm.png]

The projected distribution date for VI edition of the Coconut Press is the 31st of March.

If you are interested in contributing to the paper, please fill out the code provided below.

Code:
[b]Idea:[/b]

[b]Description:[/b]

[b]Author:[/b]

The following is an example response:

Example Wrote:Idea: Election of the Chair of the Assembly

Description: A report on the February-March election of the Chair.

Author: Amerion

Tip of the hat to former MoRA @Pencil Sharpeners for beginning the Coconut Press.
[-] The following 4 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Beepee, Bzerneleg, Poppy, Rebeltopia

I think a little bit of both. We're tha party region; we cant be uber-serious all the time.
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 3 users Like Rebeltopia's post:
  • Amerion, Poppy, Seraph

(03-04-2019, 10:35 AM)Rebeltopia Wrote: I think a little bit of both. We're tha party region; we cant be uber-serious all the time.

Certainly Smile

On another matter, what format should we produce this paper in? Magazine style, newspaper style, a regular post, or all three?

Edit: Scrap that question. I just read the latest edition of The Northern Light.

We shall proceed with a magazine format and we will utterly decimate have a friendly competition with TNL.
[-] The following 3 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Beepee, Poppy, Rebeltopia

The projected distribution date for VI edition of the Coconut Press is the 31st of March.

If you are interested in contributing to the paper, please fill out the code provided below.

Code:
[b]Idea:[/b]

[b]Description:[/b]

[b]Author:[/b]

The following is an example response:

Example Wrote:Idea: Election of the Chair of the Assembly

Description: A report on the February-March election of the Chair.

Author: Amerion
[-] The following 2 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Bzerneleg, Poppy

Idea: The Ultimate South Pacifican

Description: Using letter distribution to find the average of the names of people holding certain positions - for example, the average MoMA is called "IRoastDen", and the average GCR delegate right now is "The Outface Swineherd of Earthlions". Quite silly. Would totally understand if too silly. Tounge

Author: Nakari
[-] The following 2 users Like Nakari's post:
  • Poppy, Roavin

Idea: One More Round (opinion article)

Description: The campaigning process in the recent Chair election under Bzerneleg's perspective

Author: Bzerneleg
[Image: VCUpXJI.png1]

BZERNELEG 

South Pacifican. Public Servant. Creator. In that order.

Official Thread • Lampshade Broadcasting Company • The Tsunamy Institution of the Law and Public Policy

[-] The following 1 user Likes Bzerneleg's post:
  • Poppy

Thanks for your initial ideas @Nakari and @Bzerneleg! Please indicate if your articles require an original Graphics Package (GP) to be made. A GP means a unique image/artwork/infographic to be included in your submission.

Based on what we have so far (including a few other sections), here is the rough structure of the magazine right now:

The Coconut Press Magazine

(1) Cover page
(2) Contents
(3) Publishers' information
(4) Advertisement for the region (GP - creative advert)
(5) News — February-March Election for the Chair of the Assembly [@Amerion] (GP - graphing)
(6) Opinion — One More Round [@Bzerneleg]
(7) Features — The Ultimate South Pacifican [@Nakari]
(8) News — The High Court proceedings (GP - timeline)
(9) News — February-March elections for the Local Council
(10) News — Local Council proceedings
(11) News — State of the Region address by Prime Minister Roavin
(12) Feature — Interview with the Prime Minister
(13) Feature — Interview with the Minister of Military Affairs

Please note that the articles highlighted in bold green do not yet have a dedicated author. If you would like to volunteer to write up the article or if you are interested in submitting an idea of your own, please feel free to post a reply (using this code) to this thread Smile

May I ask to quickly clarify, what exactly are Local Council proceedings? Because if I have the time to do so, I might be able to do the Local Council proceedings, though admittedly I'm not that experienced in journalism  Cheese
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest

(03-07-2019, 07:02 AM)The Sakhalinsk Empire Wrote: May I ask to quickly clarify, what exactly are Local Council proceedings? Because if I have the time to do so, I might be able to do the Local Council proceedings, though admittedly I'm not that experienced in journalism  Cheese

Ah, thank you for reminding me. I have amended the list to also include the LC elections.

To clarify, LC proceedings are basically anything which has gone on in the RMB. Given that the magazine is produced on a monthly basis, the article could not possibly cover every single event so a general overview is perfectly fine. You could also, as author, select the key events which you know well and include that in your article. Happywide
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • The Sakhalinsk Empire

(03-07-2019, 07:23 PM)Amerion Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 07:02 AM)The Sakhalinsk Empire Wrote: May I ask to quickly clarify, what exactly are Local Council proceedings? Because if I have the time to do so, I might be able to do the Local Council proceedings, though admittedly I'm not that experienced in journalism  Cheese

Ah, thank you for reminding me. I have amended the list to also include the LC elections.

To clarify, LC proceedings are basically anything which has gone on in the RMB. Given that the magazine is produced on a monthly basis, the article could not possibly cover every single event so a general overview is perfectly fine. You could also, as author, select the key events which you know well and include that in your article. Happywide  

I might be able to do that... I'll make a draft first, and when I think it's okay, I'll reply again stating my application here.

EDIT: I'm more comfortable with an editorial about it. Maybe someone else can write the main article about the LC proceedings, while I can make an opinion article about it. It's okay if not.
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Sakhalinsk Empire's post:
  • Amerion