We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] The Golden CoCos Awards

[Image: N0F9chU.png?1]

Proposal:

The Golden CoCos Awards, also known as the CoCos, will be a set of awards for regional merit by members of the South Pacific, given out monthly by the Lama Glama Publishing Group.

Winners will be announced on the 1st of every calendar month in the latest issue of the Coconut Press Magazine.

Discussion points:

(1) Ideally, these awards will be given out to both forumsiders and gamesiders. While forumside voting is well established (we can use approval voting for example), how will gamesiders nominate and vote? By telegram?

(2) What types of awards should be given?

(3) Any other suggestions?
[-] The following 3 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Beepee, Concrete Slab, Poppy

1.) Gameside, I would say members of the administration should nominate people, but not themselves. Then a vote can be created gameside or something.. XD

2.) Probably stuff like "Most Active Rper" or "Nicest dude"... Tounge
Concrete Slab
Coral Guard Member
5x Local Councillor 
TSP Legislator and Citizen
Ambassador to the League 
Author of GAR #471, #479, and SCR #271
Co-author of SCR #300
Founded 1/25/18
[-] The following 2 users Like Concrete Slab's post:
  • Amerion, Poppy

My thoughts are:

(1) There are two separate processes for the forum and gameside. Seven days before the end of every month:
a. Forum — Forumsiders will nominate people in a dedicated thread over the period of four days. This will be followed by a period of three days of private voting. Votes will be DMed to the Chief Editor of the Coconut Press Magazine (either me or Beepee — whoever it is, we won't be able to be nominated so as to keep the process fair).
b. Gameside — Gamedisers will nominate people by telegram to a specially created nation. The nomination period will last for a period of four days. At the end of the fourth day, a list of nominees will be released through a dispatch and RMB post. Gamesiders will vote through telegrams to the aforementioned nation.
The responses will be collected, the results calculated and then published in the latest edition of the Coconut Press Magazine.

(2)
a. Forum — Best newcomer, Best Legislator, and Most Dramatic Llama (for the most (infamous) TSPer).
b. Gameside — I defer to gamesiders as to what awards they would like to see given out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Poppy

As an active member, here are some awards that sound cool.

Best Rper

Warmest Welcomer

Bestest Friend

Most Dangerous

or stuff like that XD
Concrete Slab
Coral Guard Member
5x Local Councillor 
TSP Legislator and Citizen
Ambassador to the League 
Author of GAR #471, #479, and SCR #271
Co-author of SCR #300
Founded 1/25/18
[-] The following 3 users Like Concrete Slab's post:
  • Amerion, Poppy, The Sakhalinsk Empire

Have you looked at the original Cocos for inspiration? They were intended to be annual, but you might find some award ideas nevertheless.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 3 users Like Seraph's post:
  • Amerion, Poppy, The Sakhalinsk Empire

(03-14-2019, 02:38 AM)Seraph Wrote: Have you looked at the original Cocos for inspiration? They were intended to be annual, but you might find some award ideas nevertheless.

Omai Heart

Thanks for these Smile

I remembered there was a previous regional award but I thought it was called the Llamas haha.

Do you think monthly awards is doable?
  • Poppy, Rebeltopia, The Sakhalinsk Empire

(03-14-2019, 02:42 AM)Amerion Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 02:38 AM)Seraph Wrote: Have you looked at the original Cocos for inspiration? They were intended to be annual, but you might find some award ideas nevertheless.

Omai Heart

Thanks for these Smile

I remembered there was a previous regional award but I thought it was called the Llamas haha.

Do you think monthly awards is doable?

There was also the Lampshade Awards the year after.

Tbh, I don't know, but I don't see any harm in trying.

You might run out of people to give awards to, or it could be the same people getting the same awards every time, but you won't know until you try. You'll probably have a harder time with the RMB nominations and voting, though. Just getting people's attention there is difficult.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

[-] The following 2 users Like Seraph's post:
  • Poppy, The Sakhalinsk Empire

(03-14-2019, 02:11 AM)Concrete Slab Wrote: As an active member, here are some awards that sound cool.

Best Rper

Warmest Welcomer

Bestest Friend

Most Dangerous

or stuff like that XD

I used Imki's original design as inspiration and prepped a template for these awards:

[Image: 4wZqL9i.png]

(03-14-2019, 02:50 AM)Seraph Wrote: There was also the Lampshade Awards the year after.

Tbh, I don't know, but I don't see any harm in trying.

You might run out of people to give awards to, or it could be the same people getting the same awards every time, but you won't know until you try. You'll probably have a harder time with the RMB nominations and voting, though. Just getting people's attention there is difficult.

Those are all valid points.

I suppose we could start with a trial run this month. Offer two awards, one based on forumside and one on gameside, and see how things go. It will be a useful test to see where the kinks are and improve upon it for next month.
[-] The following 6 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Awe, Poppy, Rebeltopia, Seraph, The Sakhalinsk Empire, Volaworand

Also, you may want to source completely new graphics, unless you've explicitly got Imki's permission to reuse and edit the old Cocos.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Seraph's post:
  • Poppy

(03-15-2019, 02:22 AM)Seraph Wrote: Also, you may want to source completely new graphics, unless you've explicitly got Imki's permission to reuse and edit the old Cocos.

Yep. I asked and received Imki's permission prior to altering the cocos.
  • Poppy, Rebeltopia, Seraph