We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Hobbes 4 army kthx

Since I lost my citizenship due to these absurdly-stupid inactivity rules (although i will admit they are effective), i'm in the process of waiting into elections end.

Regardless, I plan on making SP's army, y'know, not suck, be it through MoA or whatever position i can get.

-hobbes

Hobbes is best vote Hobbes he is not here to subvert your region to glorious Lazarus

Good luck.

(07-17-2014, 10:57 PM)Horse Wrote: Hobbes he is not here to subvert your region to glorious Lazarus

This inspires so much confidence. Tounge
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Also we should really change it to Navy, south pacific special forces sounds reallllly cheesy.

(07-17-2014, 10:59 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote:
(07-17-2014, 10:57 PM)Horse Wrote: Hobbes he is not here to subvert your region to glorious Lazarus

Indeed, you should put me in charge of your armed forces without question!

(07-17-2014, 10:59 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote:

As it should. Tounge

Hello Hobbes.

^Hi sev

*hangs up fancy poster*

This is being threadjacked into my un-official write-in non-citizen MoA-campaign, dealwithit.gif

Heres a few quick points;

1) Co-operation; Working with other organizations from other regions on various operations, this will both improve our ability, as a army, to work with others, and increase diplomatic ties.

If it has not already been implemented, I am proposing a Military Liaison position for willing foreign militaries to act as a military ambassador of sorts, working with us with limited forum access.

2) Branches; The idea that 'you need to be able to get on at update to be in the army' is stupid, frankly. I am proposing two branches of military;

Operations: The updaters, must be able to make update for most missions, either major or minor.

Reservists: Those who can not actively make update but can contribute a WA nation for example prolonged occupations.

3) Activity & Training; Instead of the usual 'roll call' - I would implement at least two monthly operations in warzones or otherwise that would count as your roll call. It is essential that we keep the good guys frosty and train the new guys, and simply posting 'still alive' on a forum would not accomplish this.

4) Communications; I believe that we should be a tight-knit group- I would take 5 skilled people over 20 unorganized ones in most situations, as a result, we would implement Skype over IRC for the Operations branch, with direct communications obviously being less-then-essential for Reservist.

5) Naming; No offense, and I respect that the name is only a few months old, but 'South Pacific Special Forces' is just really, reallly cheesy and lame. The name should represent what the region is as a whole, and what we stand for. I believe a Navy would be far more representative of TSP's regional identity.

6) Independent: This regions military should, as is defined in the Code of Laws, be neither defender or raider, but contain both, As principle, I advocate for defending when possible, however I do not condemn raiding with cause, for example, a declaration of war, adspammers, ecetera, and I am generally for not engaging in prolonged occupations of regions without due cause. 'Region burning' isnt my thing, getting the point across, however, is.

7) Intelligence Punchwood has the right idea with a 'spying' branch of the military, and I will confirm that I would implement a simular system, but as (ret.) commissioner and creator of the Eastern Pacific Police Service, and former associate of the Lazerene Security Directorate, I have much more experience in this realm, it's not as simple as 'let's make a spying branch and poof'.

Gracias,

hobbes

Navy? No. I still support the South Pacific Coast Guard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk