We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

A Surprise for the World to See

World Forum
Ryccian Delegation

As the World Forum discussed topics of global importance, Victoria Castañielo y Arcés, a junior diplomat from the Ryccian Federation, had a file she had been hiding. She had to do it.

For justice.

"Mr. Speaker, may I have the floor?"

The leader of the delegation was surprised. What was she-

That file...it cannot be...

"Mr. Speaker, I call for the expulsion of Ms. Castañielo from the forum, for she illegally has possession of a file that jeopardizes Ryccian national security"

"Please, Mr. Speaker", said Ms. Castañielo, "this is important!"
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

[-] The following 2 users Like Ryccia's post:
  • GI-Land, Qwert

The Eggrarian delegate in place of Octavian Smith (due to recent matters that required his presence) sat confusedly. Junior Delegate Damien Sanders watched on, hoping for a matter of clarification.

“Point of order,” the Junior Delegate asked. “Is this matter important to the current discussion?”
~~Rose~~
You may know me as Eggraria!
Roleplayer and Writer

Minister of Culture
Legislator

Office of WA Legislation Staff
Roleplayer - the State of Eggraria

Citizen of The South Pacific above all else.

[-] The following 1 user Likes rosaferri's post:
  • GI-Land

Christian Strunk looked around the assembly in confusion before taking a glimpse on the recording clerks, writing down in their stenography, what is happening.
He activated his microphone, after dismissingly waving at the Eggrarian ambassador:

"Ms. Castañielo, please, take your seat again, you may raise a point of order to put an urgent subject onto today's agenda. You should know that, if you read our rules of procedure. Please, continue, dear ambassador", he said to the person currently holding their speech before turning off his microphone again, keeping an eye on the arising situation.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

"I cannot raise a point of order because he shall overrule me and take the file!"

"My apologies, Mr. Speaker, may I raise it now?"

"No need, Mr. Speaker, do not trouble yourself. The Ryccian Federation does not recognize Ms. Castañielo as an official representative anymore. Ms. Castañielo", said the leader of the delegation, "please do surrender the file immediately"

"No"

"Give the file to me at once!"

"Absolutely not!"

The leader of the delegation, Richard Spoinen, had a vested interest in keeping the file hidden. He ordered the other delegates to aid him in wrestling the file away from Ms. Castañielo. To his surprise, this young woman was a fierce fighter.

"Let go, Ms. Castañielo, this is confidential information!"
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Strunk turned on his microphone again:

"I ask for order! It's despicable, you do not accept the rules of procedure. Also you are not entitled to just take away the representative rights from Ms. Castañielo. This can only be done by the Ryccian parliament or president themselves. I heard, Ms. Castañielo wants to raise a point of order, so I apologise, dear ambassador, but you have to interrupt your speech. Please, I'll give the word to Ms. Castañielo from the Ryccian delegation."
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 2 users Like GI-Land's post:
  • rosaferri, Ryccia

"Thank you, Mr. Speaker"

The Ryccian delegation reluctantly let her go. Before she left, Richard whispered to her.

"You're going to die for this"

She went to the podium. She knew what this would mean. However, she was shaking, scared for her life. Her voice was cracking from the extreme feeling of fear.

But she had to do it.

"M-Mr. Speaker, I must r-reveal a tragic truth to the w-world. Over the past month, the R-Ryccian Federation has been made aware of h-horrific happenings in...in..."

Richard looked at her with a cold glare. He was furious, and was trying to intimidate her into shutting up, for it would be detrimental for the truth to come to light.

This sent down a chill down her spine. She was about to walk out, but she proceeded.

"In the Kingdom of Valora"

Richard protested in a last-ditch attempt to cover up the truth.

"The Ryccian Federation does not recognize Ms. Castañielo's words! We demand that they be struck from the record immediately!"

The World Forum overruled the protest, naturally. But Richard continued, preventing Victoria from speaking.

"The Ryccian Federation demands the expulsion of Ms. Castañielo from this forum at once! The information in that file is detrimental to our national security!"

The Eggrarian Delegate would sit there, unsettled by the odd circumstance. What prompted such a reaction from the Federation to break decorum?
~~Rose~~
You may know me as Eggraria!
Roleplayer and Writer

Minister of Culture
Legislator

Office of WA Legislation Staff
Roleplayer - the State of Eggraria

Citizen of The South Pacific above all else.

[-] The following 1 user Likes rosaferri's post:
  • Ryccia

Lia sighed, very used to interruptions like these, very common in FiHami parliament. She would listen intently, silently taking note to inform ki Ha'Coron' of this current development. She would also, however, take note of the Ryccian representative, feeling it in her instinct to ensure that Ms. Castañielo be watched to ensure her safety.

"Please continue, Ms. Castañielo."

Lia Kilaweioni
World Forum Representative of FiHami
Deputy Speaker of the Assembly
[-] The following 1 user Likes phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • Ryccia

Representative Kei-Mazen looked visibly annoyed at the unfolding drama as he expected a debate on determining the new international court or International Mediation Organization if he had it his way. However, his annoyance didn’t stem from the junior delegate, but from the Ryccian Ambassador’s increasingly hostile actions to silence the whistleblower.

“I agree with the sentiments of the deputy speaker. Furthermore, as the interim leader of the committee of international law, I have a vested interest in ensuring the safety of Ms. Castañielo as she is bringing up serious accusations on actions that may violate international and human rights laws agreed by all parties in the past. If you, the Ryccian Federation continue these hostile actions, I will ask the Speaker for permission to take appropriate action to protect the Witness.”

"Please, calm down. All of you, otherwise I need to impose sanctions onto certain members", he looked intently towards the Ryccian delegation, "of this assembly."

After a short pause he continued.

"Ms. Castañielo, I also see this as a matter of urgency, be assured of that. However we need to put this as a new point onto our agenda, so I'd kindly ask you to follow the procedures of this assembly and talk with our administration about this, also providing them with your sources, which will then set up a new agenda for today or tomorrow, where we will take our time with this topic. And just to make it clear to all ambassadors here: We are guaranteed immunity as far as I know, and our ushers as well as the Sedunnic police will of course take care of our security. I'd recommend everyone to stay civil here and neither take the security into their own hands nor to threaten this assembly and their members. This is not worthy of this high house."

He pressed the "microphone off"-button pretty harshly, as he is also kind of annoyed and furious about how this civil and thoroughly organised debate seems to get out of hand. He thought all members of the assembly would know, how to work properly in a parliament, but it seems he was wrong. After all, democracy isn't working the same everywhere and some people might have watched too many action films or political drama shows on TV.
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 3 users Like GI-Land's post:
  • Imperial Frost Federation, Jay Coop, phoenixofthesun14