We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

TRR vs. TNI

So, exactly what I warned would happen has happened. As I said two and a half weeks ago, we cannot be allied with two regions at war with each other. Glen and Unibot of course knew this, and pursued the TSP-TRR Alliance on that basis - that it would destroy the TSP-TNI Alliance. They repeatedly insisted that, to the contrary, it would not be an issue; this was highly disingenuous of them. As far as I'm concerned they effectively lied to the Assembly.

No repeal of the TNI-TSP treaty was proposed in this region, as it had no chance of passing. And yet people voted for the TSP-TRR Alliance, that inevitably entailed that - with no knowledge that it did, as they had been told it didn't.

We need to have an open, honest debate about this, where we can weigh the matter and decide which of the two regions we are going to be allied with, something that didn't happen last time.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

What does TNP have to do with this?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

What's funny is Belschaft proposed a repeal of the TNI treaty last year, so his claim that no one has is false. TNIs reasoning here would block us from alliancing with either TRR or Lazarus.

The title could be a typo

It's a typo <_<

(07-23-2014, 03:01 PM)Belschaft Wrote: It's a typo <_<

Had to make sure. Carry on. :hehe!:
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Regardless, there's an argument to be made for reviewin' our treaties periodically.
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

Does it really matter? I mean -- at this point the TNI already repealed the treaty. So ... it's not like we're going to be able to go back on it ...
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't object to people lying to the Assembly, does it? The way I see it, the TRR Treaty was brought to vote on false premises.

Option one is that Glen and Uni didn't know that this would be the result; in that case their incompetent. Option two is that the did know this would be the result; in that case they lied to the Assembly.

No one has ever called Glen or Unibot incompetent.

I'll be the first. Tounge
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific