We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Ambassadors Office

[Image: 2sb7g3m.png]
The Ambassadors Office

Current Ambassador: The Ambassador Extraordinary & Plenipotentiary McMasterdonia, Minister of Culture

The Office will be maintained for brief updates from the Ambassador to the Coalition of the South Pacific and for any questions that members of TSP may have for the regional Government of TNP.
Ambassador from The North Pacific

General Elections for Delegate, Speaker & Vice Delegate are now underway.

Delegate r3naissanc3r has announced his intention to seek a second & final consecutive term in the office.

The Vice Delegate election has seen many candidates come forward to nominate for the position including, Flemingovia, Romanoffia, Falapatorius, Democratic Donkeys & the incumbent Vice Delegate Abacathea.

The Speaker election has only seen one candidate (Malvad) at this time.

I always love ambassador offices, they are so cool. Smile

Question: any particular reason the Vice Delegate is elected in a separate election?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Thanks for the question!

The reason to put it simply is that the Vice Delegate has distinct responsibilities and should not necessarily be considered to be the "Deputy Delegate" where the executive government is concerned. The Vice Delegate essentially runs the Security Council and enforces the recall of the Delegate if necessary & serves as Acting Delegate until elections are held, should the Delegate resign or be removed. The Vice Delegate does not simply succeed to the office.

More details can be found in my recent coverage of the election here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7235038/

That was actually a very interesting and informative article. Thanks for the answer! Smile
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Any time! Happywide

You look so purdyful in that avatar McM :wub:
You are just a puppet... You have no soul!
[Image: HW5PB6l.jpg]

McM always looks perty.
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

Thanks! Smile

The shaved head suits me.

Just like bikinis suit r3n.
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific