The South Pacific
SPSF Review - May - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: Fudgetopia Hall of Government (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-12.html)
+----- Forum: Assembly of the South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-91.html)
+------ Forum: Private Halls of the Assembly (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-95.html)
+------ Thread: SPSF Review - May (/thread-2341.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: SPSF Review - May - Apad - 05-06-2015

(05-05-2015, 03:27 PM)Wolf Wrote: I'm not exactly sure how asking for SPSF specific masking counts as "hostile" but to each their own.

If you want to know what my plans right now are, Apad, then the list goes like this:

1) Sorting out the SPSF masking situation and having areas where we can security issue orders and have SPSF specific discussions without prying eyes.

2) Formulate a recruiting plan and execute it.

3) Improve the training guides and our training methods.

4) Everything else.

The South Pacific Special Forces needs to focus on recruitment and organization building at the moment and that's what I plan on doing. I will let Henn handle the operational side for the time being.

There ya go. see that wasnt so hard. if you had posted this pages ago, instead of getting mad that questions were being asked, we could have saved some time and pointless arguing.

SPSF Review - May - ProfessorHenn - 05-06-2015

Sorry about the delay on the mission sheet, I've continuously getting a fever then having it fall, then restarting the whole process. In addition to a nasty cough of bronchitis.

To summarize it up, we took part in the Lazarene liberation, the Warzone "Annexation", several training missions, and one sleeper operation. As well as a few conspiracy kinds of -ations. Like how that rhymed? (Slightly loopy)

Edit: I swear, this review is making me horridly sick.

Jasper Henn

RE: SPSF Review - May - Wolf - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 09:41 AM)Apad Wrote: if you had posted this pages ago, instead of getting mad that questions were being asked, we could have saved some time and pointless arguing.

You're going to have to point out where anyone, in the SPSF at least, got angry in regards to the questions being asked. I don't think you and I are reading the same thread.

RE: SPSF Review - May - Farengeto - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 09:53 AM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: Sorry about the delay on the mission sheet, I've continuously getting a fever then having it fall, then restarting the whole process. In addition to a nasty cough of bronchitis.

To summarize it up, we took part in the Lazarene liberation, the Warzone "Annexation", several training missions, and one sleeper operation. As well as a few conspiracy kinds of -ations. Like how that rhymed? (Slightly loopy)

Edit: I swear, this review is making me horridly sick.

Jasper Henn
And on the issue of communication, how is it that even as a long-term member of the SPSF I've only been aware of maybe two of these?

RE: SPSF Review - May - Unibot - 05-06-2015

Well, so far, I believe the review should include better communication with the public as an objective point of improvement.

Another issue is that I think the public should be consulted on controversial matters prior to operations - when say, for example, TSP annexes a region - and we're told after the fact and basically told we need to accept it, or else 'The SPSF will be suffocated with red tape'.

So... (1) more communication, (2) more consultation. The SPSF is our regional army and I think the SPSF needs to remember that - it isn't a private group run for the fun of a few members - it represents TSP abroad and is a public institution. Interacting with the Assembly plays an important role in developing a working martial policy.

RE: SPSF Review - May - Wolf - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 06:46 PM)Unibot Wrote: The SPSF is our regional army and I think the SPSF needs to remember that - it isn't a private group run for the fun of a few members - it represents TSP abroad and is a public institution.

I believe the Minister of the Army is also an elected official, and one the Assembly votes into office. If the majority of people really have a problem with the way he's doing his job, which I don't believe to be the case, one can always attempt to recall him.

Until then, I say let Henn do his job. Constructive criticism is, of course, welcome, but a constant reminder that "SPSF represents TSP" is plain insulting. Every member is aware of that, and to imply we are no longer putting our own region first is very cynical, to say the least.

SPSF Review - May - ProfessorHenn - 05-06-2015

Yeah, Assembly oversight before an operation will effectively end that operation. Too many eyes to keep track of that won't leak.

Jasper Henn

RE: SPSF Review - May - Hopolis - 05-07-2015

Firstly, thank you to the MoA for answering my questions on recruitment.

My own personal view is that the next review will probably be more telling than this one as to where a newly active SPSF is going as so much of the structure and key people are new in post and need to be given time to deliver.

One of the key points in the SPSF for me is that it is the military arm of TSP and therefore how it acts - both in terms of performance and ethics - directly reflect back on TSP and us as members of TSP. To that end I am very interested in learning about the missions that the SPSF has participated in and welcome efforts to increase our awareness of SPSF activity. While appreciating that it would be counter productive for people like me as a citizen to know about missions in advance for security reasons, I would expect strong intra-Cabinet communication on such issues so we can be confident that the SPSF is working within the wider framework of TSP's objectives and principles.

However, overall many of the signs have been encouraging for the SPSF and I would like to congratulate all those involved in reviving it.

Quote:Escade:
I'd probably re-think the military name and some of the culture around it as a starting point for revitalizing, being reminded of sunscreen rather then something cute or funny and catchy (do something with the words fierce, llamas, cupcakes, and some military term).

Lol. That hadn't even occurred to me. I'm only going to see SPF now. :facepalm:

RE: SPSF Review - May - Unibot - 05-07-2015

(05-06-2015, 06:57 PM)Wolf Wrote:
(05-06-2015, 06:46 PM)Unibot Wrote: The SPSF is our regional army and I think the SPSF needs to remember that - it isn't a private group run for the fun of a few members - it represents TSP abroad and is a public institution.

I believe the Minister of the Army is also an elected official, and one the Assembly votes into office. If the majority of people really have a problem with the way he's doing his job, which I don't believe to be the case, one can always attempt to recall him.

On the contrary, it's that kind of attitude that keeps the region in the dark as to what their Minister is actually doing as MoA and keeps the region's involvement in the SPSF low. It creates an appearance of the SPSF as being a closed off club whose only connection to TSP is that their leader is elected by us (the people who are otherwise deemed unsuitable to have a voice in the running of the SPSF, any other time of the year, in posts like yours) and sits on our executive. 

RE: SPSF Review - May - Wolf - 05-07-2015

(05-07-2015, 07:21 AM)Unibot Wrote: It creates an appearance of the SPSF as being a closed off club whose only connection to TSP is that their leader is elected by us (the people who are otherwise deemed unsuitable to have a voice in the running of the SPSF, any other time of the year, in posts like yours) and sits on our executive. 

The people do have a voice. They elected the Minister of the Army, they elect the General Corps, and they write all of the laws the govern the South Pacific Special Forces. They have the most powerful voice effecting SPSF behavior and operations of any body in the government.

However, if someone in the Assembly wants to be treated as if their opinion is the same as an SPSF trooper, then I suggest they join the South Pacific Special Forces. There is a difference between the law and opinions. While I will always respect and obey the Law of The South Pacific, I will always put the opinion of my troops first, as they are the ones who are most effected by any changes to policy.