We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

(OOC Discussion) Indigenous Peoples of the Western Contintent

So, any of you who have been reading my 'Brief History of Erinor' will be aware that the Serevo-Erinorans are an indigenous people group to the Western Continent, having migrated there across the Rainbow islands about 17,000 years ago.  I made it clear in the 'Prehistory of Erinor' and the accounts of the earliest civilisation that, whilst Serevans may have explored quite far and made contact with other humans, the Erinoran peoples stayed within the Erinoran Basin, not needing to advance any further during that time period.  That's stretching plausibility a little, but I didn't want to tread on anyone's toes regarding canon history on the continent.  Some of the stuff I want to move on to in my history will need to go beyond that, however, so I thought I would see what other people think (or know) about indigenous people groups in the Western Continent in TSP canon (and Kris suggested I actually make a thread about it).

So, the aim of this discussion is to thrash out some kind of rough history of indigenous peoples in the Western Continent.  If you have a WC nation and already have some idea of indigenous peoples in your region, share it here.  If not, there's still plenty of opportunity to add to the discussion and, of course, the nature of the map and of participating nations means there will always be plenty of blanks that leave wriggle room later on.

So, what do you think?
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

HOMO LIVI!
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

My people are mine
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

Do we want to roll the "Southwest Continent" into this as well? Cuz in that case, the Sporaltryan's are indigenous.

Also, are we really going to go down the rabbit hole with this "Homo Livi" stuff again?
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

What do the Serevo-Erinorans look like, compared to RL people?
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

What is 'homo livi?'
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.

(05-21-2016, 08:11 AM)Zak6858 Wrote: What is 'homo livi?'

A thing Hammerstar came up with a while back, and got a lot of crap for, and for a good reason. It's pretty much a superhuman from what I remember. It was one heck of a discussion during a thread asking how many "civilized" species there were on TSP Earth. Most people walked away from that one with the conclusion of one: Humans.
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

K

(05-21-2016, 08:11 AM)Zak6858 Wrote: What is 'homo livi?'

http://tspforums.xyz/thread-3762.html
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

Most of that is crap and stereotypical.