We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

IC Government Island Summit 2022

Lenko entered the Conference room, somehow simultaneously appearing both rugged and well-kept. The details provided to him by P.A. Mihail Lishnikoff already enscribed the structure and seatings. It seems as if he interrupted Gorovo Alertz speech "when half of can't stand to be in the same room as each (...)". It was apparent that barely anyone was listening and that other delegations were instead staring at Lenko, while he was actually looking at Alertz, still not closing the door behind him. Finally, "(...) reconcilliation." and the sit-down of Alertz made Lenko close the door while letting out a quiet sigh.

Immediately after fully entering the room, Representative Panteliev almost stormed to the delegation of Huawan; greeting Peony Doctor Yan in a very gentle manner as if accepting her as his monarch. Lenko then greeted PM Arnold Khoo with an ’unusual’ handshake; he extended the arm as if to reach for Khoo’s, then pulled the PM’s hand towards himself holding it firmly only to pull it back to Khoo, still holding the hand and expecting the same firm hold. Lenko Panteliev was a bit surprised but he remembered that greeting customs varied vastly, something which most Viliakmoni forgot. Introducing himself to the Huawani during this time but not publicly, he would do that in the statement.

Walking across the floor, Lenko only greeted other members of the Tarnian League with a soft nod while ignoring everyone else. Sitting in the ring of world leaders and heads of states caused a few confused remarks in the room even if he almost purposefully sat near no one, facing the Huawani Conference host desk. Lenko was focused on organizing his own space, having remembered all of Lishnikoff’s report, he put all the empty sheets of paper on the nearby desk, keeping only the few drinks on the table. The Representative patiently waited (almost enticingly) to see if anyone else had more remarks to make before making his statement.
[-] The following 1 user Likes A bee's post:
  • Hammerstar

"Who the heck is that?" Joshua thought as the viliakmoni delegation sat down. 

"Jac, do you them?, the nodded towards you." Joshua Whispered.

"They're from Viliakmon, which is apart of the Tarnian League."

"Oh"

After Alvertz sits down, Joshua Stands up

"Welcome Newcomers! Now, President Blanc, you are actually incorrect about your statement that the Nationalists were inspired by Tyrant Nick here" He points at Nicholas. "If your Imaginary Intelligence Agency had given you the info, that in fact, the Nationalists were planning this for years, they were just waiting for the right moment to strike. Same goes for the Now Defeated Capitalist's and Stubborn Commies, they were just waiting, then you wouldn't have just embarrassed yourself in front of other leaders."

He Takes a quick drink of water.

"A lot of you may know that the Union developed nuclear missiles, until I halted their construction. Why? Was it because of international pressure? No, it was the memory of the Seven Pillars event. I convinced my MoD that we only needed three Missiles, until the June 1st Attacks. 2 Ballistic Missiles with 2 warheads each were launched by Nationalist agents. Their targets? Starton and Hawk, two very important cities, be it for cultural or political reasons. Almost a Million people were killed, many of them were foreign citizens. What I'm trying to say is, that the TPNW should start to become enforced to prevent another Nuclear attack or a "Ryccian Winter". It should only be enforced for WF member states and Non-member states that are volatile. Emerald is willing to give up its nuclear weapons, but nuclear energy, with the right safety measures, could be beneficial for the environment, but should be heavily monitored and taken care of, to prevent a radiation Incident. Thank You for listening"

He sits down and drinks some water and wipes his eyes of somewhat visible tears.
[-] The following 2 users Like KingTEM's post:
  • Hammerstar, Qwert

President Blanc looked at Lenkos performance and said to her advisors, “who the flip is this guy?”, and was almost relieved when Joshua continued. 

She graciously took the challenge from Joshua, and  whilst still wiping her desk from the pop said 

“Perhaps the right time was when the international community showed a reluctance to engage in foreign conflict.”
Gianni: “Izaakia, I hate you so much. You’re such a good bad guy. Must be because of your genes“.
Gianni, 21:42 14 Dec 2020, # Pacifica Discussion
[-] The following 1 user Likes Izaakia's post:
  • Hammerstar

PM Arnold Khoo notes his words in his notebook after silently consulting with his delegation through his cellphone. He whispered a couple of things with Städratin Emmalessa pertaining the attitude of the government. As the Market Republic of Pazar Am Fluss had a military dependency with the Peonic commonwealth and the Peocracy, they must choose their attitudes carefully. Arnchow had to choose its words carefully, as it had multiple investment opportunities with the other states. The man wearing a sharply dressed suit and a sharply dressed glasses stood up, he was about to mention Arnchow's stance. He didn't let Lenko's interruption take him off of his guidance, he stood as he bowed to The Peony of Huawan, who was listening intently to the discussion.

[Image: OIP.an5i3k9aV2Ynb_ttrL1MZwHaFJ?pid=ImgDe...=1422&rs=1]

"Well I can say that we had just lost a little bit of respect there." He mentioned, being vague. Either sighing at a certain "shark" who acted more like a clownfish in the pool of predators, the interruption of representative Panteliev, the sudden change of the discussion, or all of the above. He wasn't afraid of being sarcastic, and spoke in the Austral accent only Arnchowians could master (OOC: Singlish).

"Esteemed Peers, our agreement lies with The Peony of Huawan pertaining the need to enforce international laws. Arnchow believes that although we have sufficient channels in the form of the WF International Court, which has served us well in the unbiased arbitration of transgressors of the law, there needs to be the collective agreement on states for the resumption of unbiased enforcement. Indeed, in every case there must be a prosecutor, and if nations are not willing to put forth an effective prosecution for the sakes of enforcement of protocols before, how are we able to ensure the effective action of resolutions. The measure of a court of law is as effective as its judges, its attorneys, its prosecutors, and the codex it served."

As he spoke he took his handkerchief and wiped off some of the spilt soda within his reach without moving from his seat. Which was rather much.

"What the Izaakian President offers is indeed correct, despite the path she took was a bit of a mess." PM Arnold Khoo continued as he placed his sticky wet handkerchief in his pocket, "every problem has its roots, and striking the problem at its source will do wonders at solving the issue at hand. Though as much as we can try to solve the moot cause of world's problems through youth development, education and 'openess of barriers', which are viable and acceptable solutions, these are long term actions with fruits harvestable in the future. By no means must we ignore the long term actions to prevent conflict, Greatness is not reached in a day, but it began with the present decision to achieve it. We must seize opportunities for present-day action, the saying in Arnchow is 'Foolish, one that measures the breadth of their cow, without cutting their grass for the feed.' Therefore, Arnchow believes that we must proceed to solve the current problems in, what our Ikaranaran peers say, reconciliation, in order to attain national cooperation."

"We cannot hope to solve all the problems in one day, as much as the hopeful wishes for it to be real." Continued PM Khoo, not mincing his words. "We can however finally take steps to reconcile, and to take a united action against transgressors to bring them under fair arbitration. Arnchow believes that dialogue between Hystaiga and Valkyria for peace is important, as well as a review of discussions of the campaign in the United Kingdom of Emerald and Denver, the defusal of tensions between NAGB, Izaakia and Kliegma, the reproachment of discussions between the Ryccians, and for the de-escalation of strained tensions due to increased construction of active military bases in foreign states, as well as measures such as the NEA or economical agreements. We do not have a preference on the order of discussions, only a willingness to see it through, that is what we dare to hope, that is what we wish to act. Thank you."

PM Arnold Khoo sat down, to hear the responses of others. His ink wet to stain the pages with notes, he knew of a single fact that he must show in the summit. No matter how many sodas they're willing to pop, The Peonic Commonwealth of Arnchow is here to be serious, and not play the game of mindless politicians who can barely run their own lives, let alone their respective countries.

Representative Lenko Panteliev's Statement:

Rep. Panteliev sat down leisurely in his chair, as if it was his home sofa while listening to both King Joshua and PM Khoo. The expression he held was deadpan, listening carefully to the points made, though the look in his eyes were of someone who’s occupation has been…controversial.

Usually, he would start a meet-up by shooting a bullet in the air and introducing himself. Knowing that he’s here on the behalf of the entire state though, he chose the method of slapping his left hand on the desk, loudly exclaiming “Alright!” and clapping two times before standing up. Lenko walked around the room while delivering his statement, holding a bottle of water in his left hand while his right hand was always kept a bit stiff, something common among a lot of professions. He spoke Austral with an accent that was very foreign to people outside of Viliakmon while using a lot of slang.

[Image: Lenkotheman.jpg]

I’m Lenko Panteliev, Representative sent by Viliakmon to attend this conference. Our nation’s entire Delegation is yours truly and my personal assistant, Mihail, who was here during my absence and kept me phoned on with all that was going on around here. Unlike Phanama’s biffed Bowleaf, I won’t use this to promote my nation nor myself, only gonna say this: I’m no diplomat and I’ve no clue why our Head of State agreed to kick me off here. That’s all you lot need to know.

Panteliev now stood in the middle of the room, commenting on previous statements of others; “Governor Alertz and PM Khoo, sorry for interrupting you. To me, respect has to be earned, but disrespect carries a heavier bag with it.” He paused for a moment, looking at the media and remembering that he should keep quiet about what his career actually is. “Anyway, I meant no disrespect, it was just circumstance, yknow? Governor Alertz, your statements are a bit of a wet towel thoughThis was a compliment compared to what was about to come; “Now on these two Ryccia’s, the twacked Ailsur and the whimper wagon of Stloncht all I wonder is – General Paranoid, how do you perform your jobs while wearing glasses? Makes me think, if the Junta lets you in, that all Ryccia’s Junta says is fronting.” He turned towards Dr Blanc of Izaakia and NGB, “Dr crowbat I disagree that democracy, greens, all that good time has or even can be forced on someone... Now as for you", Lenko seemed especially annoyed at NGB, “Supreme Crumb Civilian McGill, I don’t need you need an invasion, no entire people should have to pay the dues when their capo is out of line. Just a mock execution, a whip into shape.” The guard of Nicholas seemed to be alarmed at the statement, standing up and preparing to cause an incident. This caused Panteliev to give out a short laugh, “A guard of bluffing fools, impressive.” Finally, he addressed Prime Minister Steve Bennett, “Now Steve my man, I agree with your whole idea but your approach is very doe-eyed and it saddens me, not in a patronizing manner but yknow, just seeing a green leaf among so many brown ones.

[Image: Panteliev.png]

Now!” Panteliev yelled out, not allowing others to respond to his comments before standing up on the podium. “Listen here the lot of you. You’re lucky that it’s in the back of my mind that I’m a state delegate here but don’t give time to all that. I have to give you all a shakedown.” He then lowered his voice.

We were called here to discuss certain conflicts. It’s personal sentiment of mine to first negotiate about King Joshua’s situation, we gotta send aid not only condolences, we gotta send staff, all that, all of us. I don’t give a rat of your opinion on King Joshua nor whatever Denver is going through. Nuclear disaster, especially when some group of terrorists cause it, is a situation which will lend us all a ticket. Another alarm siren I’ve seen here is a Cold War brewing kettle that’s about to explode between Crowbat Blanc and Twacked Ailsur." He continued,
"Now, if you don’t care about these or prefer to solve global or your own issues the gun-blast way; Call your top generals or ministers of defense or whatever you call them, right this instant and declare war on each other.Lenko’s right arm finally seemed to be moving after this statement reaching down to his knee and pretending he needed a stretch. There was a long pause. “If you actually don’t want to kill each other and yourselves in a bloody series of wars, nobody is to leave this room until at least the two matters I’ve mentioned have been dealt with.
  • Hammerstar

"Yes, I believe it is time to discuss the situation in Denver."

He stands up, collecting his words.

"As some of you may have noticed, I am currently wearing a Combat Uniform. To some, this type of uniform may represent tyranny or oppression, but to Emeraldians, it represents honour, bravery, and loyalty. All too many times, soldiers wearing this uniform have died protecting their country, democracy, and human rights. I unlike fellow vet Andrei, never served in a war while serving in the Military, but that doesn't mean I don't have blood on my hands, Denverian Blood to be specific. 15, that is how many Nationalists I killed during the siege. I remember seeing their bloodied faces, silently screaming, as they died. During that siege, the 3rd Royal Guard Brigade, who guard this castle as we speak, lost 10 of their own, including Lt. Forrest H. Streams. He was a good guy, very loyal and brave, always willing to lay down his life for not just me, but for Democracy, Liberty, and his country. He was killed during the siege, he threw himself on to nationalist grenade that would've killed myself, Vimmru, multiple ambassadors, and 5 Civilians. I and many others owe him my life for what he did."

He looks at his two guards.

"These two guards were there during the siege, the Lt. here organized the defense, while the Sgt. became my temporary advisor, updating me on the sitiution and he is one of 4 Guardsmen who served in Spirasian Civil War, like Andrei."

Right after he said that, The Captain of the 3rd Royal Guards Brigade walked in flanked by two guardsmen.

"Ahh, This Ladies and Gentlemen is Capt. Carl J. Streams, older brother of Lt. Streams."

The Captain looked at the people who had more power than he would ever want and collected his words.

"Why yes I am his older brother, and I must say it was a tragic loss, not just for me, but for his family, the Brigade, and even the Entire Royal Guards. His actions were heroic, but he was more than a film hero, he was passionate and smart man of his age, being only 27 when he died. However, this wasn't why I came inside. Ladies and Gentlemen, an World Arrest Warrant has been placed on all Junta members, now, would you consider the Junta Delegation part of this WAW, or are they immune? Did they lose that immunity when they commited war crimes in Valora or when they subverted Human Rights in their own country or when they Violated International Law multiple times or even when they killed the Ryccian Ambassador to Sedunn. If you think they lost their immunity, then when you reach a consensus that they should be arrested, the Entire Brigade is outside."

He leaves the room. Joshua and the Denvari delegation stunned. Better question is how did the other delegations think?
[-] The following 2 users Like KingTEM's post:
  • Flaming, Hammerstar

"If I may interrupt, at the behest of his excellency" Said The Peony, as the Denveri captain left. She stood up, thinking that not everyone was aware of the term 'diplomatic immunity' she asked King Joshua if it was alright to interupt him.

"I am sure you are all aware, as it was written in your respective dossiers and the meeting, that although the WF resolution in the condemnation of the Ryccian Junta is in effect, and there is a WAW for select members of its ranks, we have to respect the reached the consensus,that for the sake of a fruitful discussion to be brought to the table between included parties, the delegation by the Ryccian Junta is to attend safely with diplomatic immunity." Said The Peony, "we cannot hope to attempt to reach a consensus if the other party is completely left out, and we thank the Ryccian Junta to attend the summit for its first show of diplomacy."

"The government island summits operate in the principle that leaders are given diplomatic immunity and a voice regardless of condemnation. If we are to start barring nations from attending diplomatic discussions, we could only afford a unilateral solution." Responded The Peony, "we should not start disrespecting diplomatic immunity or barring entry of states because they are condemned. We will not stand for world decisions to be decided by ambushing and pointing a barrel on the heads of leaders in diplomatic settings."

She had to emphasise the last part. Gunboat diplomacy is a regular happenstance in this day and age, but The Peony will not start making gunpoint diplomacy the legacy of this summit.

"Now my lord," she referred to King Joshua, "pray continue your speech if you wish to continue after the interruption."

The Peony sat down again, and continued to take note at the speeches after Arnold Khoo. She gazed at representative Panteliev, "what a...unique man" she thought as she asked for further info about him through the tablet underneath her table.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hammerstar's post:
  • A bee, Flaming

President Blanc sat there seriously considering how much an invasion of Viliakmom would cost to knock the smile off that jumped up pleb they’ve sent. 

She however thinks best of declaring war at a peace summit, and says.

”As much as we’d all like to throw the Ryccian delegation in the stocks and lob rotten cabbages and tomatoes at them all day, I do actually have some places to be, can we tone down the fake mobster waffle, and actually get to the point in hand and work on some details. 

Dr Ms Peony Empress most serene highness yan. Would you do the honours of presenting an itinerary of the issues to be discussed”
Gianni: “Izaakia, I hate you so much. You’re such a good bad guy. Must be because of your genes“.
Gianni, 21:42 14 Dec 2020, # Pacifica Discussion
[-] The following 2 users Like Izaakia's post:
  • Hammerstar, Imperial Frost Federation

"Can You Go Tell The Captain That, Please, before he interrupts the summit again" Joshua Whispers to Sgt. Keller.

Joshua stands up as Keller leaves.

"Thank You for not having to break international law and Yes I will continue Doctor Yan. Well, since Keller left, I guess I should move on to a more serious subject, such as how we as an International Community deal with the Mini-Frankist Denverian Nationalists, a terrorist group who has violated the Grovne Conventions multiple times. I ask this, what do you think is best way to deal with them after this tragic civil war is over. What will we do with the ones that have fled with RIM. And What will we do with those who have been captured?"

He sits back down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KingTEM's post:
  • Hammerstar

Lenko was at first glad that the issues in Denver were finally being dealt with, over time showing an expression of sympathy as King Joshua spoke. However, upon hearing the request of Lt. Forrest H. Streams he became worrisome, fearing that the delegations might seriously be considering his first option. Panteliev leaned against the wall, on his right, seemingly reaching for whatever was kept around his knee to his thigh. Far away from everyone but still on the podium, he let out a deep breath as he was about to trigger something when he heard of a garrison awaiting outside to shoot a diplomatic representative.
Seeing the Peony successfully intervene, Panteliev felt immediate relief, looking at Doctor Yan gratefully as he returned back to his initial seat. Staring at the monarch, Lenko couldn’t help but feel reminded of The Founder back in Viliakmon. “I never thought I’d feel nostalgia for what was barely a state until a generation ago”, he thought to himself.

As he was about to sit back down, he couldn’t help but react to Izaakia’s PM comment. “Thank you for repeating what I’ve just said, nanny-cop. Perhaps I could offer you a course on solving issues instead of creating them, with a high tuition fee of course!” Snarking at Blanc and grinning at whatever reaction she might have. Rep. Panteliev then returned to his seating, lowering his voice and immediately calming own.

Once again, Lenko took the initiative once more towards King Joshua, “These terrorists seem to possess enough nuclear weaponry of whichever type to completely destroy two entire cities. The international community must first extract any information from the prisoners about where these weapons were procured; it must also form a joint military commission which would examine possibilities of finding those who have fled. If everyone agrees, this will begin solving the issue.
There was a pause “However, King Joshua, on the issue of Denver which I find the most troublesome and that is – nuclear waste and fallout – Viliakmon was prepared to send pharmaceutical and chemical aid and to provide shipping of materials needed for decontamination. Sadly, because we were informed of a garrison surrounding the building, I feel as though this might change the opinions of the big cats back in Ochridae. I think bringing back Lt. Streams to the Conference and dismissing the garrison is now in order. Although I can understand the sentiment of personally threatening someone, truly, I can.” Lenko looked at NGB’s delegation and PM BlancWe’re here on the behalf of entire countries.” The way Lenko was speaking to King Joshua was very soft in comparison to others. Personally, he would send the aid right now and would especially have no issue with threatening the lives of others in the room. However, he understood the implications – feeling sorry for King Joshua as this was not his mistake.
  • Hammerstar