We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

An invitation to discuss security and economic cooperation

I've put some thought into the other parts, that are not related to a possible military alliance.

On the note of security, GI-Land would welcome, if all members, who are not part of IACO yet (especially WF-members) will become part of the organisation during the next speakership-election conducted at the end of December probably. I currently don't know, whether non-WF-members can join IACO, but if they can, they should definitely too.

As for the economy, we should probably aim for a free-trade agreement and maybe some kind of common stock market in the long-run, but until then - in a first step - we should probably give easier access into our domestic markets to companies of other member nations (Being honest, I'd need to read up ways on how to do that, or maybe you are more knowledgeable in that aspect and provide some suggestions) and establish visa-free travel between each other's countries (where not applicable yet).
Later down the line we could also grant a total freedom of movement (imagine Schengen maybe).

Especially GI-Land, but also Snolland to a lesser degree, is home to a big scientific community, thus we would also like to strengthen cooperations between universities and other research facilities between our nations. As one of the biggest projects, GI-Land would like to suggest to the guests of this congress, that we cooperate in the CPSC to become the first space cooperation to make a space-elevator and consider heavy research into "space-mining" a.k.a. mining asteroids. It'd probably make sense to start a fund on that, in which the members pay into from parts of their budgets on science and research.
(If you think, this is impossible, I'd suggest you a video of "kurzgesagt" on that topic, which you can find on YouTube! Also: Unlike other roleplayers, I only suggest research and don't expect any results soon, but IF IRL we'd make sudden progress and we said here "We are working on it", how cool would it be, to belong to the first nations making use of such technologies? Happywide)

These are the recent thoughts, that I had and wanted to bring up. These are also potentially more things, one could have a debate over, if someone finds all or any of this totally unacceptable Happywide
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 1 user Likes GI-Land's post:
  • Klô

Messages In This Thread
RE: An invitation to discuss security and economic cooperation - by GI-Land - 11-24-2020, 01:14 PM