We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

An invitation to discuss security and economic cooperation

The following letter was sent to the leaders of Anserisa, Antarcha, Erinor & Sereva, Frost Empire, GI-Land, Snolland and Transsuneria.

[Image: suNaLi2.png]

Government of Sedunn

Grovne
13-11-2020

Invitation to discussions regarding defence and economic cooperation

Dear Colleagues,

These are turbulent times. There are many examples of ongoing conflicts and wars in our continental region. Ideals such as international law, human rights, democracy, and frankly common decency, are under attack or ignored. I believe that nations that believe in these ideals must stand together, and in doing so, help make the world a better place for Us all. I would therefore like to invite You to Grovne to discuss the possibilities of mutual defence, security collaboration and deepened economic integration.

With hopes for a brighter future and seeing You here,

[Image: QVObl7W.png?3]

Vimmru Innienn
King of Sedunn
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 4 users Like Qwert's post:
  • GI-Land, Hammerstar, Klô, phoenixofthesun14

Dear Vimmru,

as you are most likely aware, the situation in north-west Cordilia is worrying me a lot. After the Serevan War we hoped, a blanket of peace would finally lay on top of our world and we took our precautions, however new powers emerged in the meantime, which sow mistrust especially in the World Forum and gain significance through questionable behaviour. Even worse, those countries strive for power by founding alliances, we were not prepared for, and which could isolate us from one another, if we do not counter those movements.

We hope for very productive talks and are excited about all ideas, which will be debated in Grovne.

Sincerely,

Gianluca IV
King and Leader of GI-Land

The Republic of Snolland responds to the invitation by accepting it.
- Telegram by the Foreign Ministry
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 3 users Like GI-Land's post:
  • Hammerstar, Klô, Qwert

To the honorable King Vimmru of Sedunn:

On behalf of Antarcha, the Prime Minister, and his cabinet, I would like to accept your invitation to discussion. We have had our eyes on these newer powers whose behavior has concerned us greatly, and we would be more than happy to cooperate with sensible powers with similar philosophies in order to work through these issues. The stability of many families across Pacifica rely on certain areas of the world remaining stable.

Sincerely,
Empress Wyntere Aerinn
on behalf of Prime Minister Karl Guess and his cabinet
Fire Fire Fire Empress of Fire  Fire Fire Fire
Current Minister of Military Affairs
Chair Perch of the Assembly (February to June 2020)
SPSF Soldier
MoRA Fellow
Ambassador to Forest and Lazarus
[-] The following 4 users Like phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • GI-Land, Hammerstar, Klô, Qwert

[Image: E2CqtQv.jpg]

Republican Commission
Secretariat of the Presidential Affairs
Office of the President of Anserisa
Brantavilla, Anserisa

To Vimmru Innienn, King of Sedunn,
Message from the President of Anserisa

In Anserisa we arrive with the same conclusions. We fear that such a small nation such as ours is threaten by the escalation of violence in our wonderful region. We thought that the years of war were behind us, that our region was one of the most stable in Pacifica. Unfortunately, it appears it is not the case. I am sad and discouraged when I see such efforts to bring destruction in our region and I have regained my hope from your initiative.

I gladly accept your invitation and hope that it can become a beacon of hope for all the nations out there who feel as we do.

Thank you

Columbo Septimum

[Image: HIJ7t7L.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Klô's post:
  • GI-Land, Hammerstar, Qwert

Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Oured, Frost Empire

King Vimmru,

The Empire is eternally grateful to the men and women of the Sedunnic Armed forces who laid down their lives to assist the Empire Liberate Reizen Province from the Insurgency. Without Sedunnic assistance and the unexpected pragmatism of the WPR, the province would have likely continued to remain in a bloody stalemate with millions more displaced.  However, while peace is finally on the horizon for the province, the instability of the BU, the Izaakian annexation and war in Bailtem greatly concern the Empire. These issues greatly threaten the Empire's ability to demobilize our people from a total war footing and allow them to regain some semblance of a normal life outside of political participation.

As such the Frost Empire would be honored to send a delegation to Grovne to discuss the possibilities of mutual defence, security collaboration and deepened economic integration.

Nagisa Kuribayashi
Nagisa Kuribayashi
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Frost Empire
Just call me Frost

Roleplayer,
Former member of the Pool of Justices

King of the Hill
[-] The following 2 users Like Imperial Frost Federation's post:
  • Hammerstar, Qwert

Now that everyone has responded (yes, Transsuneria sent me a private message Wink ) this can start. Unless you really want to RP it, I'm making this an OOC discussion for simplicity. Let me know.

So, basically, Sedunn wants to discuss if there can be a formal alliance between the invited nations based on mutual defence, like RL NATO. There would be a council where every member has an equal say in things (veto). Sedunn would also want to negotiate facilitating trade, common funding of certain areas of research. What do you think?
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 4 users Like Qwert's post:
  • GI-Land, Hammerstar, Klô, phoenixofthesun14

OOC: Solidifying yourself as the USA of TSP eh?
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

OOC: Antarcha would be most interested in shared funding of research stuff and facilitated trade, though they'd also be willing to help out militarily... though realistically Antarcha couldn't contribute much on that aspect.  But ye.
Fire Fire Fire Empress of Fire  Fire Fire Fire
Current Minister of Military Affairs
Chair Perch of the Assembly (February to June 2020)
SPSF Soldier
MoRA Fellow
Ambassador to Forest and Lazarus
[-] The following 1 user Likes phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • Hammerstar

GI-Land would be in favour of establishing even stronger ties in trade with the invited nations.
Like we did with Sedunn and the IFF (I currently just assume, we have made a deal at some point in time), we are eager to deepen our economic ties to the other participants.

GI-Land is open for the idea of promoting democracy. This however shall happen through common initiatives in the WF and not through warfare or regime changes. This does not include the barring of nations from the WF, which are deemed as undemocratic though.
GI-Land will also not give up its relations to or treaties and contracts with other nations, e.g. to the VPRB or TSSS, just because it joins this new alliance.

We are in favour of an agreement on mutual defense, but really just that. Our army will not go into any wars for other noble causes and IF this alliance aims to facilitate joint military operations for other reasons than mutual defense (e.g. the promotion of democracy), then we'd demand, that an involvement in those conflicts is completely optional. A fixed military spending (like the 2% goal in NATO) is something, we can discuss, but whoever our opposition is, we really don't and will never need such an enourmous budget like the NATO does in comparison to Russia and China together.
Last but not least: To ensure the TPNA is not violated by its signatories, Snolland and also, after they disarmed their arsenal, GI-Land shall never host any nuclear weapons this alliance might own.

As for Snolland, their views would be similar. However they would be more open to military cooperations than GI-Land is (including the "democratisation" of other nations) and they'd propose a military expenditure of each nation of 3% of their GDP. Economically they would make sure, that their position as kind of a (supposed) tax haven (Just what a conservative-laissez-faire government does, right?) is not endangered.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 1 user Likes GI-Land's post:
  • Hammerstar

(11-19-2020, 07:09 AM)phoenixofthesun14 Wrote: OOC: Antarcha would be most interested in shared funding of research stuff and facilitated trade, though they'd also be willing to help out militarily... though realistically Antarcha couldn't contribute much on that aspect. But ye.
The nation likely has some good stuff it can contribute, like maybe troops for peacekeeping, military intelligence, sensor data, research and ports, and airfields for logistics.

(11-19-2020, 08:48 AM)GI-Land Wrote: This however shall happen through common initiatives in the WF and not through warfare or regime changes. We are in favour of an agreement on mutual defense, but really just that. Our army will not go into any wars for other noble causes and IF this alliance aims to facilitate joint military operations for other reasons than mutual defense (e.g. the promotion of democracy), then we'd demand, that an involvement in those conflicts is completely optional.
Sedunn would agree to this. If Sedunn would embark on one of those missions of "noble causes", it would not ask the alliance to join and would consult it beforehand.

(11-19-2020, 08:48 AM)GI-Land Wrote: A fixed military spending (like the 2% goal in NATO) is something, we can discuss, but whoever our opposition is, we really don't and will never need such an enormous budget like the NATO does in comparison to Russia and China together.

As for Snolland [...] they'd propose a military expenditure of each nation of 3% of their GDP.
Sedunn would welcome new allies "as is" (and it beleives the nations invited are no freeloaders still Happywide ). It would however encourage members to have a sufficient spending to survive long enough for help to arrive.

(11-19-2020, 08:48 AM)GI-Land Wrote: To ensure the TPNA is not violated by its signatories, Snolland and also, after they disarmed their arsenal, GI-Land shall never host any nuclear weapons this alliance might own.
I did not consider this aspect. A clause like that could be included in the treaty. Sedunn would also advocate against chemical and biological weapons and their destruction.
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 2 users Like Qwert's post:
  • GI-Land, Imperial Frost Federation