We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] [2227.AB] Abolishing MoM — AMoMendment to Article 6 of the Charter

(06-17-2022, 02:27 AM)Moon Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 09:17 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: Way back when, the Cabinet would appoint an editor of SPINN. Maybe that's the way to so with the SJ instead of having a dedicated minister?

Appointing someone to run TSJ is going to have basically the same effect as having a dedicated minister in place, as MoM's focus over the last couple of terms (including mine) was solely on TSJ and nothing else. It wasn't sustainable then, I'm not sure it would sustainable right now.

If we're really concerned about TSJ ceasing to exist as an entity (I'm not), Belschaft can open applications for it to any interested citizen looking to write cool things under its banner once this amendment goes through.

Why would I need to be involved in the process? If someone wants to write a damn newspaper they can just write a damn newspaper.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DRAFT] [2227.AB] Abolishing MoM — AMoMendment to Article 6 of the Charter - by Belschaft - 06-17-2022, 06:21 AM