We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] [2227.AB] Abolishing MoM — AMoMendment to Article 6 of the Charter

As promised.

Quote:VI. THE EXECUTIVE

Establishing an executive branch consisting of the Prime Minister and the Cabinet.

(1) The Prime Minister will be the head of government and the leader of the Cabinet. They will be responsible for the overall coordination of executive activities, being a liaison between the government and the community, and protecting the Coalition.

(2) The Cabinet will consist of ministers with the following portfolios: Foreign Affairs, Culture, Engagement, Media, and Defense.

Minister of Media

(10) The Minister of Media will be responsible for overseeing the regular publication of public media, including news content, in the South Pacific.

Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Belschaft's post:
  • im_a_waffle1, Jebediah, rosaferri

Can't say I'm unsurprised by this one :p I voted for ya, so I guess there's not much else to say outside of this
~~Rose~~
You may know me as Eggraria!
Roleplayer and Writer

Minister of Culture
Legislator

Office of WA Legislation Staff
Roleplayer - the State of Eggraria

Citizen of The South Pacific above all else.

I've voted for this ''Albert Ca''...''Cah-mus''... too and I say, let bygones be bygones.

[Image: JS1TrcP.png]
Legislators,

Please be advised that this discussion has been designated 2227.AB in official records, and its reference name is Abolishing MoM — Amendment to Article 6 of the Charter. Since this is a constitutional amendment, minimum debate time before voting will be from 11–16 June. Also, I've done the only reasonable thing and renamed the title to AMoMendment to Article 6, you're welcome.
— Chair of the Assembly

Full support
"After he realizes this newfound power of his to override the hopes and dreams of republicans, he puts all of the united provinces under his control."
one time minister of culture

[Image: rank_trainee.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_1.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_2.min.svg]

Just for the purpose of being legally unambiguous here, I would suggest some kind of resolution with this amendment making it clear what happens with shutting down the ministry and the dismissal of the minister. (e.g. The minister being dismissed immediately after its passage vs serving out the remainder of the term.)

Best not to have a defunct ministry floating around in a legally ambiguous state for the rest of the term if we can avoid it.
[-] The following 4 users Like Farengeto's post:
  • Comfed, Roavin, The Haughtherlands, Tsunamy

(06-12-2022, 10:45 PM)Farengeto Wrote: Just for the purpose of being legally unambiguous here, I would suggest some kind of resolution with this amendment making it clear what happens with shutting down the ministry and the dismissal of the minister. (e.g. The minister being dismissed immediately after its passage vs serving out the remainder of the term.)

Best not to have a defunct ministry floating around in a legally ambiguous state for the rest of the term if we can avoid it.

Agreed, something along the lines of this:
Upon the passage of this amendment, the Ministry of Media will be dissolved in its entirety and the Minister of Media will be removed from office.
Republic of Lansoon (Pacifica)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Comfed's post:
  • A bee

In any event, should this bill pass, I will consider the ministry abolished with immediate effect.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

I’m assuming that the roles and responsibilities of the Ministry of Media will be passed onto other ministries within the South Pacific?
Signed
BlockBuster2K43

Find out more about me here!

(06-12-2022, 10:45 PM)Farengeto Wrote: Just for the purpose of being legally unambiguous here, I would suggest some kind of resolution with this amendment making it clear what happens with shutting down the ministry and the dismissal of the minister. (e.g. The minister being dismissed immediately after its passage vs serving out the remainder of the term.)

I'd think this wouldn't too much of an issue. From the perspective of the law, the Ministry just wouldn't exist any more - the Minister wouldn't have any legal role or position, the assets just wouldn't be owned by any one, etc. The Ministry would just disappear - we don't have any assets/wages/contracts/etc. to worry about, so there isn't any problem with this.

The only reason we should need to pass a resolution alongside this is if we wanted to delay the actual removal of the ministry until the next election or something similar, which there seems to be a consensus on not doing.
[Image: st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u5.jpg]