We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[OOC] History of Frastinia

Welcome to this thread, which will create some basic history of multiple nations in our canon. The goal of this thread is to streamline some aspects of the history of nations located in North-West Cordilia (here also referred to as "Frastinia").

What this thread is not supposed to be – at least not right from the start – is a place for discussion of immensely detailed bilateral history or cultural roleplay. Instead I’d like to gather some information here on following topics:

- migration routes of modern humans to Frastinia, time of the first human settlements in the region
- foundation of the Frastinian nations
- era of colonialism (who colonized, who was colonized, who owned what?)
- participation in the Great War and its effects it had on Frastinia
- how history has affected parts of the region’s culture
- various other, general stuff we might come across during our discussions

We are partially limited by what has already been defined in Bruuman history, Erinoran history and whatever we have agreed on in private, mainly in regards of the Great War (the people involved in this know about it already). Apart from that, we have the creative freedom to shape the basic history of our region still, which then can help in writing our bilateral histories and to some extent in doing cultural worldbuilding.

I’ve created some maps filled with details about our region, that I researched on the Wiki, on the forum, in chats between us and from what I’ve invented. I hope, that our discussions will eventually lead to me editing the maps in such a way, that they are fully comprehensive and give a full overview over our regional history. Some maps, e.g. a map centered around resources in our region or one focusing on international infrastructure, do not exist yet, but maybe we can decide on such things later too and add such maps to the collection below.

[Image: OtEApv2.png]
Topographic Map of Frastinia

[Image: qoBV0i8.png]
Tectonics and Climate of Frastinia - Info on the symbolism of the tectonics - Light Blue = Aw, Dark Blue = Af on Köppen-Geiger-Scale

[Image: 4LfNPqj.png]
Languages in Frastinia

[Image: ISVDY7C.png]
Migration routes of modern humans in Frastinia

[Image: OK6vBaa.png]
Foundation years of Frastinian states

[Image: tlI0Qdr.png]
Frastinia during the colonial era (late 1400s - early 1900s) [Areas marked as "controlled by" haven't been fully controlled by those nations for the entirety of the era]

[Image: SV5rk3d.png]
Frastinia during the Great War (1949 - 1954)

I hope, that those maps provide the necessary impulse for a discussion on the aforementioned topics. Again, this is about formulating an outline of Frastinian history, which can be filled with way more details through bilateral discussions or unilateral worldbuilding later.

To this thread, I’d like to mainly invite @Tin the Free, @Besern, @GeorgeMoody, @Eflad and @VPRB to participate. @The Solar System Scope, @Seraph, @Klô and @Imperial Frost Federation will be tagged by me, in case they’d like to follow the discussion, when they have time.

Other roleplayers than those that are mentioned above may chime in, whenever a historic aspect touches on their history, but it’s currently not planned, that we discuss anything here, that effects other players much.

With all that said: Let's get this thing going! Smile
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 5 users Like GI-Land's post:
  • Besern, Eflad, Qwert, Rivers, Tin the Free

Messages In This Thread
[OOC] History of Frastinia - by GI-Land - 04-01-2022, 06:10 PM
RE: [OOC] History of Frastinia - by Eflad - 04-02-2022, 05:52 PM
RE: [OOC] History of Frastinia - by GI-Land - 04-02-2022, 09:52 PM
RE: [OOC] History of Frastinia - by KingTEM - 04-02-2022, 10:43 PM
RE: [OOC] History of Frastinia - by Eflad - 04-03-2022, 07:15 AM
RE: [OOC] History of Frastinia - by GI-Land - 04-03-2022, 08:04 AM
RE: [OOC] History of Frastinia - by Besern - 06-24-2022, 07:35 AM
RE: [OOC] History of Frastinia - by Eflad - 04-03-2022, 08:14 AM