We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Debate] [IC] Constitution of the International Court

Dear ambassadors,

even after two years the World Forum is still not complete. We've got our chair, our committees, a resolution dealing with the accession of new members and observers, but we still have not set up an institution, that can keep the WF-members in check in terms of whether they are abiding to our rules or not, and especially one that - according to our charter - settles international disputes between two nations or a seccession movement and a nation.

I think, it's obvious with the current tensions in Eggraria and also in the IFF still, as well as with the former tensions in Transsuneria and Erinor that we ultimately need such an institution, because we, as the WF, should be a strong and powerful organisatin, trying to prevent any more bloodshed due to a civil war, holding up the ideals of the sovereignity of all peoples and all nations.

This is the reason, why I want to start right now the debate with all of you on what exactly the international court should be and how it should be organised. Before anyone puts up unrealistic expectations to this new institution, let me quote the charter, so we know, what we have to work towards:
Charter of the World Forum Wrote:Article II — The Functions
Section C — The Court
  1. The World Forum shall have a court—the International Court—which shall settle national and international disputes that are voluntarily submitted and to help the Forum, should the need for arbitration arise.
  2. If a party fails to comply with a decision of the International Court, the other party or parties may have recourse to the Assembly, where a recommendation may be made.
  3. The Assembly, through a simple majority vote, shall appoint Justices, the amount of which shall be also be specified by the Assembly.
  4. The Assembly shall also determine the length of time that a Justice shall serve.

My goal would be, that we will vote on and accept a resolution draft the latest at the end of my term, so the next speaker can finally work with a fully built up WF.

So, my dear colleagues, don't hesitate, just discuss with us or propose a concept. We need to get this done!

Christian Strunk
Speaker of the Assembly
Ambassador of the Federal Republic of GI-Land
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 4 users Like GI-Land's post:
  • Beepee, phoenixofthesun14, Qwert, Tin the Free

Messages In This Thread
[Debate] [IC] Constitution of the International Court - by GI-Land - 02-09-2020, 09:27 AM