We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Aurora - IC] Hunda's Trek

Orawak Reservation, not too far from Smith's Tavern

Mirmel rubbed her hands trying to warm them. Winter was coming now, no doubt abut that. She looked around, but there was still no sign of the man. If he could only hurry for once. She was sure he did it on purpose to show how was the boss. Pathetic, really. And if he was so important, why did he always insist on meeting outside the town, and not in her tavern? Everyone knew the man was one of the Sheriff's thugs anyway.

The sheriff was a strange man. With one hand he imposed so high taxes on alcohol that she barely could afford selling any, and with the other he gave her money to report to him about Orawak guests and their activities, via this tardy man. Or so it must have been. And why was that interesting information anyway?

"Mirmel."

She jumped, startled by the man's sudden appearance behind her. She turned around.

"Mr. Clover" she answered nonchalantly.

"You know the usual routine. One Nar per named Orawak guest, five Wors for their destination. 10 Nars for illegal activities, a hundred if you saw them ride. And no false information, or else..."

Mr. Colver tried to look intimidating, but he just looked as wimpy as usual.

"Or else, you'll cut off my right hand, or cut my tongue out, yeah, yeah."

Mr. Clover just kept looking foolishly at Mirmel.

"All right. Yesterday evening one Orawak accompanied by some man named Kverion, ordered beers and discussed some old book" said Mirmel while she started counting with her fingers the increasing amount of money Mr. Clover owed her. "I couldn't hear much what they said, but appraently they are going to Jingowan."

"Jingowan?!" The man couldn't hide his surprise.

"Yes. They are taking the Bird Stone road, via Teefa's Crossing" continued Mirmel.

"Anything else?" Mr. Clover looked excited.

"Yes, you owe me one Nar and 10 Wors" answered Mirmel, raising her hand, ready to receive the payment.

"Ten? That was only one destination!" the man whined.

"Teefa's Crossing. That's five. Jingowan. That's ten." Mirmel narrowed her eyes. "Or should I go directly to the Sheriff?"

There was a sign brief of terror in Mr. Clover's eyes. He fumbled with the money, giving Mirmel what she claimed, then he left in a hurry.
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 2 users Like Qwert's post:
  • GI-Land, Klô

Messages In This Thread
[Aurora - IC] Hunda's Trek - by Qwert - 11-15-2020, 07:23 AM
RE: [Aurora - IC] Hunda's Trek - by Qwert - 12-09-2020, 04:05 PM