We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Treecuu Visit - The Birth of a New Era

President Cuul noted with pleasure that the Committee members engaged in discussion with the Stoinians next to them and were too busy monitoring him. It improved his mood, even though he wouldn't be able to speak as freely as he would have liked.

"We Treecuu are what you Stoinians would call a practical people. Tradition and customs are under constant scrutiny so to make sure that they serve a rational purpose. If people no longer know the purpose of a specific ritual and have to guess why it's there, we normally abolish it. This may sound a bit 'heartless', but showing respect for one's origin and your values with specific symbols, craftsmanship or greetings for example, may be a very rational practise indeed." Answered Cuul, and continued.

"I noted the painted canvases on display on our way through the halls. I believe they serve an excellent example. Depicting important people and historical events through various imagery is a common practise in the Star Empire too, but we normally use more contemporary means, such as various forms of photonic recapturing or holographic projections. I take it that the paintings is a way to connect with your ancestors and honour them? And perhaps the extra time taken to produce these works honours what's depicted?"
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 1 user Likes Qwert's post:
  • GI-Land

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Treecuu Visit - The Birth of a New Era - by Qwert - 01-12-2020, 08:28 AM