We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

So, how about that RA split, huh?

Some general thoughts about the MoRA: Being what would be called a successful MoRA (as the ministry is now) you are more or less expected to have massive amounts of time to spare and be available almost 24/7. But most importantly, be extremely "extroverted", poking, reminding, following up. Poking. Reminding. Following up. Poking... You get it. Splitting and introducing smaller ministries would help alleviate some of that stress. And maybe smaller ministries would attract more people to run for office? It's definitely worth trying a split. Status quo has been tested quite a few times already. If a split doesn't work, we can always revert the changes.

This public utility thing (or whatever they could be called) that I proposed earlier is a way to avoid having too many elected positions, which seems to be one of the major concerns with a split. One of the other ideas behind the utilities is hoping to have dedicated and competent people to assume their respective roles relatively long-termly, the utilities and what MoRA deputies do isn't that dissimilar in this regard. Ideally, imo, there should be a split resulting in policy making parts (smaller ministries) and production making parts (public utilities, the SPSF etc). To me, a ministry writing general news or doing festivals is a bit like the MoMA itself going on defending missions. I do also feel that it is a bit strange for one ministry to produce stuff for another ministry, like recruitment or an interregional festival. But I do understand that we have a tradition of ministries doing a lot of production, and that we may want to keep it that way. The most important thing is to try sharing the workload.

I would support the three-ministry split in Somy's draft.
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

Messages In This Thread
So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Roavin - 07-20-2020, 12:30 PM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 07-21-2020, 02:38 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-21-2020, 08:46 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-22-2020, 05:19 PM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-24-2020, 02:24 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-25-2020, 02:17 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-26-2020, 04:55 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Qwert - 08-27-2020, 03:21 PM