We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Pax Patronus (with the Free Nations Region)

I feel like I should expand a bit on that summary of FNR. Back in late 2016 and early 2017, I was Chief Justice in the region and wrote the constitution that they still use today, as far as I'm aware. At that time, the region was a bit of an immature mess. The founder, Crystalsummer, was a bit notorious for (all in good faith) making spontaneous and erratic executive decisions and setting up many, many failed interregional defense alliances. The FNR has always been similar in size and place in the world to the Union of Democratic States, one of our current allies. Like the UDS, they're basically blandly democracy- and defender-themed. But in the past they were also always the more troubled one of the two, with more governmental crises and problematic leadership and unskilled decisionmaking (think, roughly, to large UCRs what TEP is to the GCRs).

Just recently, after a bit of a scandal involving the Midnight Order (if I recall correctly), Crystalsummer resigned as founder and his nation is now controlled by Heaveria, one of the members of the regional leadership. My impression is that FNR has, for quite some time now, been making strides to appear more professional in their presentation to the world. They've been moving towards serious relationships with GCRs, and leadership looks a lot more stable now than it was three years ago. Of course, they're quite a lot larger now, with a lot more developed infrastructure and culture. They're still strongly defender, though I can't speak to the strength of their military.
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!
[-] The following 6 users Like Somyrion's post:
  • Indusse, Jay Coop, North Prarie, Poppy, Seraph, Whole India

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pax Patronus (with the Free Nations Region) - by Somyrion - 09-06-2020, 07:48 PM