We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Declarations of Candidacy

DECLARATIONS OF CANDIDACY

[Image: yVO1LNm.png]

JANUARY 2022 DELEGATE ELECTION

Fellow South Pacificans,

I come before you to announce that it is once again time to elect the Delegate of the South Pacific. The Delegate is the regional head of state and is the primary official in charge of helping maintain the security of the region, promoting growth and activity, and serving as an advisor to the government.

Elections for the Delegate are administered by an Election Commissioner. The election process, as laid out in Articles 2 and 3 of the Elections Act, is as follows:
  • Candidates must declare their candidacy and post a campaign and a conflict of interest disclosure in the public campaign area.
  • A first round of voting will be held with all candidates and an option to re-open nominations, where voters will be able to list candidates whom they approve without regard to any order of preference.
  • If either of the two most approved candidates has less than a majority of approvals, then the option to re-open nominations shall be considered the winner in place of said candidate and the election shall revert to the nominations period.
  • A second round of voting will be held with the two candidates (or more, if a tie intervened) who advanced from the first round, where voters will be able to select a candidate via a regional poll.
The remainder of this post will contain relevant information for candidates and voters alike, so that this election process may proceed as smoothly as possible. Good luck and thank you for participating in our democratic process!

Yours faithfully,

Kris Kringle
Election Commissioner

[Image: MmySdEf.png]

SCHEDULE

The election shall proceed according to the following schedule. If any changes are made, they shall be reflected below.
  • Declarations begin on January 01 at 12 AM (UTC) and end on January 08 at 12 AM (UTC) (countdown).

• Campaigning begins on January 01 at 12 AM (UTC) and ends on January 08 at 12 AM (UTC) (countdown).

• Voting for the first round begins on January 08 at 12 AM (UTC) and ends on January 11 at 12 AM (UTC) (countdown).

• Voting for the second round begins on January 12 at 12 AM (UTC) and ends on January 19 at 12 AM (UTC) (countdown).
Please consider time zone differences when reviewing the deadline for each stage in the election. It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with all legal requirements within the mandated time frames (time zone conversion).

HOW TO

RUN FOR OFFICE

Candidates must comply with the following requirements within the declarations period (see schedule above) to be considered for election.
  • Be a legislator.
  • Be eligible for World Assembly membership. Ineligibility will be grounds for disqualification.
  • Have an endorsement count equal to, or higher than, 80% of the endorsement cap as it was set at the start of the declarations period.
  • Declare their candidacy or accept a nomination via a reply to this thread.
  • Post a thread within the public campaign area containing a campaign and a conflict of interest disclosure. The disclosure must contain all potential conflicts of interest within the region and abroad. Submission of false or incomplete information in a conflict of interest disclosure may be grounds for disqualification.
Once a candidate meets all the above requirements they will be considered for the ballot and may campaign as they see fit, subject to all applicable laws and standards of conduct.

VOTE

The election consists of a single round of voting held via Approval Vote and open to all legislators who gained their status prior to the start of the election.

There are two ways of casting a vote. In both cases, the act of voting involves listing all candidates whom the legislator approves without regard to any order of preference or, instead, selecting the option to re-open nominations.
  • A public vote may be cast via the Public Voting Booth, which will print the vote as a reply to a designated voting thread.

• A private vote may be cast via the Private Voting Booth, which will send the vote as a message to an account accessible only by the Election Commissioner. Every private vote is assigned a reference code known only to each individual voter, so that they identify their vote once the tally is released.
Please consider time zone differences when reviewing the deadline for each stage in the election. It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with all legal requirements within the mandated time frames (time zone conversion).

BALLOT

[Image: JRHPqCU.png]
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 2 users Like Kris Kringle's post:
  • Amerion, im_a_waffle1

The current cap is 524, ergo 420 endorsements or above are needed, as well as Legislator status, and not current EC. That means eligible candidates are: Amerion, Tsunamy, Penguin, Farengeto, Sandaoguo, Purple Hyacinth, Poppy aka 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Beepee, Concrete Slab, Land without Shrimp, anjo aka Tepertopia, Tin aka Holy Free, Volaworand, Griffindor aka Ebonhand, Belschaft, and Rebel-topia.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 6 users Like Roavin's post:
  • anjo, Apatosaurus, Concrete Slab, Encaitar, im_a_waffle1, Quebecshire

I nominate: Tsunamy, Penguin, Farengeto, Sandaoguo, Tepertopia, Volaworand, Ebonhand, Belschaft and Rebel-topia.
Local Councilroar.
[-] The following 2 users Like Apatosaurus's post:
  • Konsa, Tsunamy

I know Amerion won't be running again, so I nominate Concrete Slab, Tin/Holy Free, Volaworand, and Belschaft.
"After he realizes this newfound power of his to override the hopes and dreams of republicans, he puts all of the united provinces under his control."
one time minister of culture

[Image: rank_trainee.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_1.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_2.min.svg]

I accept my nomination
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking. 
[-] The following 6 users Like Penguin's post:
  • anjo, Apatosaurus, Encaitar, Purple Hyacinth, Tsunamy, Witchcraft and Sorcery

I decline my nomination (Griffindor/Ebonhand). I second the nomination of Bel, Far, Glen, and Tsu.
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17
-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016
[-] The following 1 user Likes Griffindor's post:
  • Tsunamy

I nominate Penguin, Purple Hyacinth, and Volaworand

I nominate Sandaoguo, Holy Free, Belschaft and Tsunamy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moon's post:
  • Tsunamy

I decline my nomination.

Whilst I'm honoured to be nominated I will have to decline as I will be extremely busy IRL for the next four months.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]