We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Vote for Sponge Supremacy

[Image: YQTwdus.png]
Greetings, inferior life forms.

Why am I running?

Exactly why we all run for elections, that sweet, sweet Discord role which just so happens to match my... sponge colour?

Projects

Most of what I will attempt is continuing what anjo started before me, so without a further a do:

T.L;D.R.: I'm not giving you a summary you lazy-

Assembly Mentorship

This will revive the Assembly Mentorship Program, probably in collaboration with the Ministry for Engagement's outreach program. My current ideas are: a mock Assembly with students (and if there aren't enough, volunteer work) where they will learn the basics of proposing, debating, and passing a bill, with or without real laws. Completely ripped off from Amerion's CORAL, students could pass resolutions about the fun side of regional gameplay (read here). Your ideas are very much welcome.

Assembly Infrastructure and Outreach

Infrastructure includes continuing support for Assembly informational texts (such as updating guides) and anjo's Assembly Gazette.

With the Gazette and expanded and enhanced outreach on the RMB, we can attempt to get some of those stinky gamesiders to become clean, elegant forum members (exception: Panda, he's still pretty stinky), and more importantly for us, legislators.

Involvement

I will appoint a number of deputies to obviously aid me and if new, to allow them the opportunity to become accustomed to Chair duties (as I did). If there are enough of them (doubtful), I could expand on the A.M.P. by having specific deputy roles (e.g. S.o.A.'s, opening/closing votes, etc.) to allow them to learn each thing one at a time, and after a time, alternate roles.

Transparency

I would like to be transparent and inform the Assembly (and region overall) of my activities. To accomplish this, I would like to start updates either monthly or fortnightly depending on progress.

The Norm

I'll do the normal Chair thingies as well if I have to ?. But seriously, on time opening and closing of votes, consistent monitoring of the Assembly to ensure no pro-pie propaganda, publish S.o.A.'s, and keeping the roster up to date so I don't forget. I'll also make sure to keep quality of life in the Assembly up (Discord pings, gameside pings) for all pro-cake, pro-ice cream, and independent legislators!

Conflict of Interest

Main Nation - The Haughtherlands
Puppet Nations - The Hoarlands, The Lewlands (neither really used; former(?) is in Lazarus as I am too lazy to move out)
Regions - Exclusively TSP
Current/Past Roles - Deputy Chair (Dec. 2021 - current)

Conclusion

In conclusion, vote for me or else I'll burn down the Assembly Building ?. I'm not very wordy so if you have any questions please ask.
[-] The following 7 users Like The Haughtherlands's post:
  • Apatosaurus, BlockBuster2K43, Cretox, Purple Hyacinth, Quebecshire, USoVietnam, Wizard Ferret

As an anti-spongist, I oppose this candidacy. Sponges are gross plant animals ironically used for cleaning things.
Local Councilroar.