We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[COMMUNICATION] Cabinet Update - May 2022

PRESS RELEASE

[Image: v1Wgfs1.png]

Cabinet Update, 15/04/2022

14 April 2022

Fellow South Pacificans,

I’m pleased to announce that nothing is burning. Yet. I make no guarantees for the future, for it is unpredictable, just like variance during game updates and raider stamina during military operations.

Yes, it’s 3AM and I’m still awake. No, I’ll not sleep. Sleep is a lie, a worldwide conspiracy put forth by our lizard overlords to keep us subdued. The pillow and the blanket industries are in on this for profit. This all makes perfect sense and if you disagree with me, I’ll proscribe you.

Anyway, moving on.

The Cabinet unfortunately had some turnover during April, with OWL Director @BlockBuster2K43 resigning from his position due to unavoidable real life circumstances and Minister of Media @Wizard Ferret being recalled by the Assembly due to dereliction of his duty. I’ve cajoled @anjo to return back to his old OWL role with promises of arcane power, while the Cabinet appointed a new Minister of Media after drawing straws, which left @Purple Hyacinth as the last person standing to take the reins. I hold no doubt in my mind that they will excel in their new positions, as they’ve done in the past.

With all of that being said, we did do some cool stuff last month, which is what this report’s going to be all about. So without further ado, let’s get into it.

Prime Minister @Moon
Activities in previous month:

• Replaced the uncomfy office chair with something more snug, don’t ask where the money for it came from. Seriously, don’t.
  • Attempted to swiftly deal with the latest wave of resignations/dismissals from the Cabinet, appointing @Purple Hyacinth and @anjo in interim capacities after discussion with the rest of the Cabinet and Cabinet Advisor @HumanSanity.
  • Put forward a replacement for a vacant Legislator Committee seat after consulting with the Cabinet and the Legislator Committee itself. Several prospective candidates have been found for the empty Associate Justice seat on the High Court and are currently under consideration.
  • Followed up on treaty talks with The Order of the Grey Wardens, expect further details soon.

Goals for the next month:
  • Continue treaty talks with TGW, hopefully move to ratify the treaty within this month if no further concerns are raised.
  • Continue working with Director @anjo and Delegate @Penguin to represent our interests better in the World Assembly, as well begin to meaningfully reform OWL’s current ways of doing things.
  • Cooperate with the High Court to appoint a new candidate for the empty Associate Justice seat.
  • Look into reestablishing a regional radio program with Minister of Media @Purple Hyacinth and Cabinet Adviser @HumanSanity.

Minister of Culture @Murelia

• Adding Qaweritoyu, Doge Land and Philippinia as Senior Staff so there are more people to assist me in achieving plans.
  • Working on making sure that games on the Culture Calendar are being done again.
  • Increasing awareness of activities by giving a second notification beforehand.
  • Finishing the Balder-TSP event.
  • Cancelling the Games and Events channel due to low activity and complexity of the plan.
  • Making a welcoming message for new staffers and a list of things they can do.

• Work more on time zone availability.
  • Finish work on the TNP-TSP event.
  • Use the 'event' function on Discord for MoC activities.

Minister of Defense @Pronoun

• Revamp SPSF training guides for new recruits
  • Continue discussions with the General Corps on Tidal Force restructuring

Minister of Engagement @USoVietnam

• Finished the executive engagement survey and started working on a solution.
  • Began the annual renovation of the entire gameside dispatch system.
  • Began relaunch the syncing of forumside law index with gameside via script (which was previously stopped due to the script's incompatible with spreadsheets)
  • Appointed @Pronoun as the new Wiki Project coordinator following @BlockBuster2K43 resignation.
  • Began discussing on improving the target of the outreach program.
  • Renovated the staff guides.
  • Started work on the card program again.

• Finish the gameside dispatch renovation.
  • Sync gameside law index with forumside again.
  • Set up basic threads for the card program.
  • Continue discussion on the outreach program and the executive engagement issues.
  • Finish the standard engagement strategy for the ministry.

Minister of Foreign Affairs @sandaoguo

• Continued negotiation of the Aegis Accord

• Finalize negotiations of the Aegis Accord and secure a date for starting ratifications
  • (Re-)appoint an officer for managing diplomatic corps
  • Revisit treaty negotiation with The Grey Wardens (with Prime Minister)

Minister of Media @Purple Hyacinth (replacing @Wizard Ferret)
No update from Minister @Purple Hyacinth is present in this report.

Director of the Office of WA Legislation @anjo (replacing @BlockBuster2K43)
No update from Director @anjo is present in this report.

Faithfully yours,
Moon,
Prime Minister,
on behalf of the Cabinet

[Image: AgbOHUt.png]

Do MoM and OWL have goals for the following month?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(05-14-2022, 03:04 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Do MoM and OWL have goals for the following month?
I'll focus on simply conducting votes in a timely manner and reliably producing recommendations for OWL. I don't have any more concrete plans at this time, real reforms will likely be the task of next term's Director – my goal is to stabilize OWL for now so we'll have something to start off of next term. I am working on finally fixing the OWL Bot and adjusting it for everything that's changed since last year though, but that won't be finished within the month I reckon Tounge
[Image: koC8Gf6.png]
[Image: Sl6mZCD.png] [Image: iEwICrf.png] [Image: IL1nUV5.png] [Image: RLU6NBO.png] [Image: MbXQuqv.png]

(05-14-2022, 03:04 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Do MoM and OWL have goals for the following month?
For MoM, our primary goal will be to push out a few articles this month. We're also working on starting up a radio program, but the results of that will probably not be seen within this month.

This is what the Ministry of Culture has reported doing--
(05-14-2022, 08:53 AM)Moon Wrote: Activities in previous month:
Adding Qaweritoyu, Doge Land and Philippinia as Senior Staff so there are more people to assist me in achieving plans.
Working on making sure that games on the Culture Calendar are being done again.
Increasing awareness of activities by giving a second notification beforehand.
Finishing the Balder-TSP event.
Cancelling the Games and Events channel due to low activity and complexity of the plan.
Making a welcoming message for new staffers and a list of things they can do.

Work more on time zone availability.
Finish work on the TNP-TSP event.
Use the 'event' function on Discord for MoC activities.

This is the list of things the Ministry of Culture has listed that amount to actually doing something and not just creating additional bureaucracy--
(05-14-2022, 08:53 AM)Moon Wrote: Activities in previous month:
Finishing the Balder-TSP event.

Finish work on the TNP-TSP event.

When can we expect the MoC to stop creating needless bureaucracy for itself to sift through (in the form of "Senior Staffers", most of whom I've never seen do a single culture-related thing in their career) and instead actually accomplish or promote an event which the South Pacific can be genuinely proud of?
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]