We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

World Census Ejection Contest

[WORLD CENSUS ELIMINATION CONTEST STAFF]
[ARAMANCHOVIA - ARBITER08 - HENN]

Alright.

First, I have a nation and a region for this.

Second, the sooner we do this, the better. But people need time to make puppets and stuff. If someone could draft an announcement, that'd be great.

Third, I have no clue how to make a good WFE.

Let's discuss.

I really like this idea. However...

Before we start making announcements and all, we should discuss the specifics of this game. Will it be a one-time thing? Will it be something we do once a month? What will be the rules, the nation at the bottom of the census list gets ejected?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

We should do it in tune with the SPRG, in January.

It'll be a separate region so A) The SPRG region can have a rest and no body has to move, and B)So I can have control of it.

"A)" is slightly more important.

Should we really do it in tune with the Regional Games? Wouldn't this work better if we gave it its own visibility, as its own event?
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Honestly, I don't mind doing it either way.

You can either do it as a one-off thing, or make it a regular event. Try it as a one time event first, if it proves popular, can always do it again.

I think it should be separate to the Games. I will be making a separate puppet for the two regions (already got one in the games region).

How it usually works is the lowest placed nation is eliminated. One eliminated per day until you are left with one nation. I think this is how it should work this time too.

Few other suggestions:
* Everyone creates a new account, so everyone starts on a level footing. If it is to be a regular event (monthly or whatever) - no answering of issues should be allowed, as this gives older nations an advantage.
* If the category is population or influence, nobody gets eliminated that day. I was eliminated this way when we last had one of these events, all as I was the last to sign up. Sucked to lose that way.
* Make sure the WA Delegate has no access to regional controls etc. The games region was "raided" in the past, but they couldn't do much with it. Don't want someone ruining it.
* Obviously no sign ups/new nations after the first elimination.

If I think of anything else, I'll add it, but that's my original thoughts.

Indeed. I wanted it to be the World Census, not influence or population.

Those are also counted for the World Census, so the problem might happen.

Legal Resources:

Ah.

. . .

Well, if it comes up for Influence, Population, or Endorsements, we'll skip the day.

I want to revive this discussion. Here are two questions, to get the discussion going:

1. When should we do this?
2. Should we only have South Pacific nations or invite other regions?

Legal Resources: