We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PROJECT] Meet the Delegates

[FULL MINISTRY STAFF]

I had an interesting idea the other day to promote some activity in the region and involve most of our Ministry Staff in the same project: Meet the Delegates.

What we would do is have an event where we honour one Former Delegate each day and hold games and events to celebrate their contributions. How can each project help?
  • Historical Project: it can do research on the main contributions of each Delegate and write some summaries on their terms.
  • Resident Spotlight + Southern Journal: they can interview the Delegates themselves or people who were there at the time, as well as write commentaries on events during their Delegacies.
  • Trivia and Quiz Shows + Games Development: just as we have done with Copek's games and my TriviaSP game, they can come up with themed games and small competitions.
This is a rough idea and will require some planning, but I think it would a good way to promote activity, let everyone know about our history and have our whole staff work together.

Thoughts?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I think it would be a great idea and will really help promote some activity in the region. I would be glad to help out in anyway I can. It would I think take a fair bit of time though so for a while I think (especially since Schools and some peoples work will be starting back up again on Monday) no other project will be able to go on. Maybe something small every so often but this would have to take up most of the Ministry's time and efforts.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

You are assigned to the Journal and Spotlight, so I think you'll definitely be involved. Of course, everyone is still welcome to participate in all Ministry projects, even if they are not specifically assigned to them.

By the way, I'm interested in knowing what Directors think of this idea, and how they can help make it a reality.
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I can certainly dig up stuff on the Delegates. All in all, I like it. In the interests of making this last longer, I suggest we devote an entire week to each delegate (may have varying lengths depending on term lengths and such.) It would require more effort from everyone. I'm willing to put in the extra time. Can't speak for everyone else though.

Full support.

Give me a job, and I'll get cracking.

I'm happy to help with this.

I suggest the following arrangement:
  1. Killer Monkeys + Goddessness
  2. The Fathoms Below + Alpha C + Garylandia + Gatren
  3. LadyRebels
  4. The MATT-DUCK + The Shaft
  5. Caer Rialis
  6. Fudgetopia
  7. Southern Bellz
  8. Belschaft
  9. Hileville
  10. Brutland and Norden
  11. Escade
  12. Kringalia
4 days each for a total of 48 days

----

Can we agree on this before moving on to discussing the actual planning of this project?

Legal Resources:

Looks good to me.

Yes it seems fine.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Looks good!
#EC4Lyfe