We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Beginning of a New Era- Siberian Districts for Minister of the Army

Siberian Districts for Minister of the Army
Beginning of a New Era

[Image: ABrvyEE.png]

Before anything, I'd like to apologize for the lateness of this thread. I had to sort out some masking issues. Now that we've sorted that out, I'd like to highlights the main points of my campaign. At the moment the South Pacific Special Forces has started to finally awaken from inactivity and we're back doing missions. While this is great, I don't think we're fully equipped to become a notable force in the gameplay world. To do that we would need to form alliances, strengthen morale, think creatively, and be transparent in our actions.
As a Solda Anysen in the SPSF, I have not only participated in missions, I've also assisted with our new theme, written a welcome guide to join, introduced the roleplaying elements in our reports, and have established a connection with Osiris Scribe of War Trick Shot. I'm hoping to continue this work as the Minister of the Army, but with the backing of the army behind me.

Forming Alliances
One thing that I've noticed from my time in two GCR militaries, is that we seem to have an unreasonable sense of elitism over UCR militaries. In my term I would like to begin forming military alliances with user-created regions in order to achieve to things. To one, increase our strength, and two, end the feeling of elitism. While I would primarily look for military strength when allying with a region, I would also like to find culturally similar regions so we can not only be allies, but friends. It's no fun working with someone you can't stand no matter what the end goal is.
I'd also like to continue connecting with other GCRs. At the moment, I've been working with Osiris and so far have found great success! We've assisted with the current delegate transition over there, and have been planning missions together. While I can't go into much detail because, y'know, OPSEC, I will assure it it's going very well!

Strengthening Morale-
At our current state, morale is quite low. There have been many arguments between ranks, from Solda to the current Minister of the Army. When a region's morale is low, both activity and performance suffers. Noticing this I would like to implement a system of ribbons and awards which award you for performance, spirit, and a variety of other acts. I'd also like to introduce a 'Solder of the [Period of Time]' in which I would award a $10 steam gift card to the winner.
While sparkly bells and whistles to put on your signatures are cool and all, I still think a simple "thank you" is even better, and I'd like to be more appreciative of our troops as we're all volunteers here. I noticed a lack of congratulation from the higher-ups during the previous terms, and would definitely like to change that.

Thinking Creatively-
Gosh, this sounds like those buzz words you hear in management presentations, doesn't it? I apologize for that, but it's true! We do need to think creatively. I'd like for the SPSF to be working on newer ways to raid, defend, and generally improve our military. I think ProfessorHenn did a great job with our newer ranking system, and I would like to consistently pump out things like this under my term.
Through things like roleplay reports to gain a new crowd, brand new ways to get on the gameplay field, and forming unlikely alliances, we should definitely increase in power.

Transparency-
As a military we cannot be one hundred percent transparent with our actions until they happen, but that's just the price of running operations. The problem is, we're still very secretive after the mission is accomplished. Almost nobody knows what is going on outside of our members. We're changing that now with our mission report thread, but we still need more if we want to attract new recruits. I'd like to move our reports game side and include RMB posts, dispatches, and also the occasional region-wide telegram.
Communication between ranks is something that would be stressed in my term as well. We've had people miss out on updates and missions because they didn't know what was going on. I'd like to keep my troops constantly updated on what's going on through IRC, TG, and Forum PM along with our thread.
I'd also like to work closely with the MoFA to make sure our policy of lowercase 'i' independence is respected, and our interests abroad are protected. This would mean maintaining our balanced ideology in which we do both raiding and defending consistently.

If you have any questions, please ask. I'm sure I must've left out something so any comments are much appreciated!
SibDis

Fix your CoI Sib and your good to go.

(07-18-2015, 01:56 PM)TAC Saxton Wrote: Fix your CoI Sib and your good to go.

Done!
SibDis

Very well thought out campaign, I especially like the portion about thanking the troops. Even without the steam gift card as a reward, the various medals for spirit, performance and the such is a wonderful idea!

I LOVE the logo! How did you make it?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

What do you think is the largest aspect of the SPSF that needs improvement, and how would you go about solving such problem?

Nice campaign by the way, good luck!
A Lovely Insane Sòlda Mèt 

Sòlda Mèt of the South Pacific Special Forces
Former World Assembly Advisor

(07-18-2015, 07:13 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: I LOVE the logo! How did you make it?

Imkihca was nice enough to provide the vector of the TSP logo, so I spent some time with Manga Studio 5 adding adding a bit of a crumble effect to the logo, and then used some shading and highlights to get the little trail you see floating up. If all goes well, I'll be submitting it with a few additions to the SPSF as a new logo.

(07-18-2015, 09:31 PM)Alisa Wrote: What do you think is the largest aspect of the SPSF that needs improvement, and how would you go about solving such problem?

Nice campaign by the way, good luck!

Thank you for the question!
The largest aspect at the moment is not troop numbers, training, or even a lack of communication. It's morale. Without high morale and camaraderie nobody will want to participate in the SPSF, let alone get up at awkward times to participate in missions.
I think my initiative of awards and compliments would be a suitable way to combat this.

(07-18-2015, 07:00 PM)Arbiter08 Wrote: Very well thought out campaign, I especially like the portion about thanking the troops. Even without the steam gift card as a reward, the various medals for spirit, performance and the such is a wonderful idea!

Thank you! I feel like a broken record saying this, but I really feel like morale needs to be boosted before we can go anywhere.
SibDis

Which do you think is more important, recruiting for the SPSF or training the soldiers we currently have? Both can be carried out at the same time yes, but which would you focus on more if you had to choose between them?

(07-18-2015, 11:22 PM)Arbiter08 Wrote: Which do you think is more important, recruiting for the SPSF or training the soldiers we currently have? Both can be carried out at the same time yes, but which would you focus on more if you had to choose between them?

I'm going to say training is much more important. While numbers are nice, I'd much rather have a force of troops that I can rely on to carry on independently and adapt to situations than a mass of soldiers who only know that they're supposed to sit in the region and endorse.
Let's say a region was liberated from us under an occupation. A well trained force would know how to take the region back within an update, while the untrained soldiers would just sit in the region till they get banned. Don't forget, we are the South Pacific Special Forces; we're supposed to be the best of the best.
SibDis

If elected "Minster of the Army", would you then run for Minister in the next election? Tounge
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System