We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Scylla for MoRA!

Hey TSP, your friendly neighbourhood Scylla here! 

Who is this Scylla fellow?

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs currently, appointed by Kringalia for "his refreshing attitude... and his proactivity," which is something I plan to continue bringing to the ministry. I joined TSP in mid-August in the Reddit boom, but unlike most of those people I stuck around and stuck my hand up. Some of you less familiar with me may remember me trying my hand at the Lampshade Cabinet and Local Council, unsuccessfully (unsurprisingly). Others will have seen my name in the by-lines of articles for the Southern Journal and, more prominently, the Southern Onion. 

My service record pales in comparison to many others. It starts and ends with my current position as Deputy Minister - however, I don't think this should be a concern for many voters. I have been a generally reliable contribution to the ministry and a faithful adviser to Kringle. I will readily admit there are areas I need to improve on to be the best I possible can be, but all in all I feel that while new, I am not too inexperienced to handle a position such as this.

But why should he be Minister? What makes him better than anyone else for the job?

The answer is simple: dedication, and a genuine desire to be a driving force in this ministry.

Okay, sure he can cliché with the best of them, but what has he got to offer?

I've been an active writer for the Journal and Onion, the latter of which I have made a irregular-but-frequent publication. I was involved in the pilot episode of 'Over Time,' which is something I look forward to bringing to it's feet. 

Firstly, the ministry has a number of things I specifically would like to see stay in there current, or very similar, form:
  • The regular publications of TSP Weekly, Southern Journal and Treasure Island Report
  • WFE Coup Tuesday
  • Regular festivals
What I specifically would like to develop or continue to develop which already exists:
  • Real Time/Over Time
What I specifically would like to trial and introduce:
  • TSP Music Radio - a frequent 'live radio' style music show
  • The South Pacific University On Campus - a real-life news radio piece
So basically he's a nobody with big dreams?

Not quite a nobody, but definitely a dreamer. I would like to see the MoRA continue to stay active and strong, as well as continue to trial and develop new ideas to prevent stagnancy. I will be doing my very best to maintain the high standards Kringalia has set for the ministry, and continue to develop it where possible.

SCYLLA FOR MORA!

All questions are welcome! Happywide

Call me toast.

This I think is going to be an issue for you throughout your campaign so I recommend you give a good answer to this.

You have been here for two months, yes you may be very enthusiastic, you may be a Deputy, you may write issues for the Southern Journal and Onion but really you are to inexperienced for this job, aren't you?
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

(11-15-2015, 08:44 PM)Punchwood Wrote: This I think is going to be an issue for you throughout your campaign so I recommend you give a good answer to this.

You have been here for two months, yes you may be very enthusiastic, you may be a Deputy, you may write issues for the Southern Journal and Onion but really you are to inexperienced for this job, aren't you?

An expected question which I briefly answered during my main post with the statement "but all in all I feel that while new, I am not too inexperienced to handle a position such as this."

All in all, I can't convince everyone that I'm right for the job - like you said, my experience is always going to be a consideration. The question is whether it's a genuine concern about my experience in terms of ability to manage the role, or experience just because I've only been here a few months. Over the years I've held many positions of responsibility in many communities. One thing is a consistent trend with me - if I have a job, it will get done. 

What roles am I too inexperienced for in regards to the position? None, I feel. I've experience in planning, leading, managing and co-ordinating - both in the ministry and outside - which is arguably the single most important leadership requirement for this position. I have experience in writing and sourcing news pieces, which allows me to coordinate and ensure content for the newspapers in lieu of other writers. I have goals, will set targets and have an open mind. This covers the Administrative, Media and Integration aspects of the Ministry, and leaves only the historical aspect left - this is something that I can coordinate as well as research to contribute to, but may be considered too inexperienced to do alone. In this regard, we have to remember that the ministry is an organisation, not an individual, and that all progress is done as a whole by those who contribute. Can one be too inexperienced to ask for help when they need? I have the self resolve to seek help where needed, and ensure a task gets completed by myself if no one else will.

I have faith in my own ability to lead the ministry as minister, and ask only for your confidence in me. I don't think there is any real role in the ministry that one may be too inexperienced to handle if they can write some decent journalism as well plan, manage and co-ordinate.
Call me toast.

(11-15-2015, 08:34 PM)Scylla Wrote: appointed by Kringalia for "his refreshing attitude... and his proactivity," 

I lied. >_>

(11-15-2015, 08:34 PM)Scylla Wrote: I have been a generally reliable contribution to the ministry and a faithful adviser to Kringle.

Haha, you wish.

(11-15-2015, 08:34 PM)Scylla Wrote: So basically he's a nobody with big dreams?

Yep, pretty much.

Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Whoa! Kris what's with this angry attitude? Happywide
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

That post by Kris kind of freaked me out.... I never knew he could come in so much like a wrecking ball.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

(11-16-2015, 05:48 AM)Zak6858 Wrote: That post by Kris kind of freaked me out.... I never knew he could come in so much like a wrecking ball.

Make sure you check out that spoiler Wink
Call me toast.

"TSP Music Radio - a frequent 'live radio' style music show"

Yes please. (But maybe a more original name?)
SibDis

(11-16-2015, 08:18 AM)Siberian Wrote: "TSP Music Radio - a frequent 'live radio' style music show"

Yes please. (But maybe a more original name?)

I never intended for that to be the final name Happywide
Call me toast.

(11-16-2015, 08:08 AM)Scylla Wrote:
(11-16-2015, 05:48 AM)Zak6858 Wrote: That post by Kris kind of freaked me out.... I never knew he could come in so much like a wrecking ball.

Make sure you check out that spoiler Wink
Can't believe I didn't see that... I thought Kris had gone all evil!
One question: do you believe you'll be able to manage everything that would go on? All the news articles, festivals etc would make it very busy. How would you find ways to cope?
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy: